What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Bangi Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome kanehbosmshaman,

Although Bangi Haze and Nepal Jam genetics have never changed (they have only refined further through intense selections and inbreeding), I changed their sativa/indica ratios a few years ago to make them more accurate. That's where the slight indica genetics come from in the Panama x Bangi Haze F1 hybrid.

Hope it helps with your doubt.

hamstring

Veteran
Never grown a Haze but like the looks of this one. 3rd week of October is at the very end of my growing season. This would be more for the fun of growing a haze.

There is rain every October in the midwest and temps vary from 65 - 38 deg F.

What are the mold/budrot resistance of haze strains in general?

Koondense

Veteran
Hazes in general have great outdoor resistence, esp if the temperatures are not too low, yet even then can withstand below zero temps, at times.
Bangi haze is known to be very resistent and a good choice for outdoors.
By your climate description I would rather pick the Bangi Haze fem first, or maybe Congo. The Panama influences this cross with a bit later flowering and greater production which can mean bigger buds which are harder to dry in between rains. So probably easier to get moldy in your climate.
Or try both and see how they cope with it.

Cheers

hamstring

Veteran
KOONDENSE

Hey thanks for the guidance Im a haze virgin. I may try a couple of Aces' Hazes as I am just growing for fun with these.

I dont know much about hazes except they are known for their uplifting buzz. I was also hoping for a complex taste profile. I dont want that lemon pledge taste I have a had in those vape pens.

Would you recommend the Congo or Bangi for the more climate adapted strains?

I may still try the Panama x Bangi too unless you have another preference in this outdoor harvest window?

As I said some of my curiosity is with the taste. If you had unlimited sunshine what Haze would be your choice and why? :tiphat:

Hazes in general have great outdoor resistence, esp if the temperatures are not too low, yet even then can withstand below zero temps, at times.
Bangi haze is known to be very resistent and a good choice for outdoors.
By your climate description I would rather pick the Bangi Haze fem first, or maybe Congo. The Panama influences this cross with a bit later flowering and greater production which can mean bigger buds which are harder to dry in between rains. So probably easier to get moldy in your climate.
Or try both and see how they cope with it.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Definitely the Panama Haze would be my first choice, second would be PurpleHaze x Malawi and third straight OTH.
But where I live these could only grow in veg phase and early flower, some day I'll move more south, I imagine the Canaries would be perfect for such hazes.

It's always best to try more varieties, maybe you'll get lucky with a faster and more resistent pheno.

Cheers

The Hatter

Veteran
KOONDENSE

Hey thanks for the guidance Im a haze virgin. I may try a couple of Aces' Hazes as I am just growing for fun with these.

I dont know much about hazes except they are known for their uplifting buzz. I was also hoping for a complex taste profile. I dont want that lemon pledge taste I have a had in those vape pens.

Would you recommend the Congo or Bangi for the more climate adapted strains?

I may still try the Panama x Bangi too unless you have another preference in this outdoor harvest window?

As I said some of my curiosity is with the taste. If you had unlimited sunshine what Haze would be your choice and why? :tiphat:

Haze is one of those buzzwords that gets slapped on just about anything that is remotely sativa leaning these days. Half the time strains with Haze in the name aren't anything even remotely like the original Haze.

Neither Congo or Bangi Haze are actual hazes, but having said that, Bangi Haze is an exceptional short flowering sativa that will put almost all of the poly hybrids that are out there with haze somewhere in their name or lineage to shame. It will provide a legitimate clean electric sativa experience which is rare in such a short flowering plant. The flavor profile is also quite nice.

I have not tried Congo myself so I can't vouch for it one way or another other than to say that other respected sativa smokers on here have given it praise.

If you are looking for real haze then you won't see it flowering in under 16 weeks and more likely even longer than that, but real haze isn't everything its cracked up to be. A lot of people put it up on a pedestal as one of the legends from back in the day, but there are a lot of amazing IBL sativas out there that legitimately match or exceed it. Haze is after all just a crossbreed of a bunch of IBL sativas from across the world.

I should add from what I have seen Ace has a legitimate old school haze line, but I think its actually not their best sativa offering even if you have infinite time and sunshine. Ace has some amazing IBL sativas and hybrids based off of them.

I grew a Panama x Bangi Haze in my last grow and it has the nicest sativa buzz out of everything I grew this time which include Malawi x Panama, Sugar Punch, Zak Haze and Fire OG x Headband. The effects are very uplifting and clean. The buzz is a bit more electric than warm and not particularly trippy but is strongly euphoric. It's an all around very solid sativa.

I think so long as you are able to finish it, the Panama x Bangi will be an excellent strain for you. If you want a little more variety try adding Tikal or some Delicatessen Seeds strains into the mix. Delicatessen are up their with Ace when it comes to short flowering Sativas. Your flowering window is quite short which really limits what you can grow but there are still some very nice true sativa experiences that can be found within your growing requirements.

Nepal Jam isn't as clear and electric but it is another really nice little sativa. I'm not sure if its around anymore but Mextiza was one of the short flowering queens. I am quite fond of Aztec Rain as well and recommend it if you like Oaxican.

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Koondense and The Hatter

Thanks for all the help I just put in my order for some Bangi Haze fems. I cat wait to put them in some midwest soil this spring. No expectations, did I just say that wow.

This year I am running some old favorites Black Sugar Rose & LA Con along with the Bangi Haze. Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks but I am going to give the Bangi a try.

The Hatter

Veteran
Koondense and The Hatter

Thanks for all the help I just put in my order for some Bangi Haze fems. I cat wait to put them in some midwest soil this spring. No expectations, did I just say that wow.

This year I am running some old favorites Black Sugar Rose & LA Con along with the Bangi Haze. Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks but I am going to give the Bangi a try.

Solid choice. :good:

May lady luck smile upon your garden.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
If you are looking for real haze then you won't see it flowering in under 16 weeks and more likely even longer than that, but real haze isn't everything its cracked up to be. A lot of people put it up on a pedestal as one of the legends from back in the day, but there are a lot of amazing IBL sativas out there that legitimately match or exceed it. Haze is after all just a crossbreed of a bunch of IBL sativas from across the world.
could you name those great ibl sativas??? thank you.

The Hatter

Veteran
could you name those great ibl sativas??? thank you.

I don't want to derail this thread anymore than it has been so I will keep this brief.

Almost all of Ace, Cannabiogen and Delicatessen strains either are IBL strains or hybrids of IBL strains.

Some of the ones I have grown which have really nice clean upbeat sativa effects include Destroyer, Zamaldelica, Mextiza, Panama x Bangi Haze and Oaxican.

With the Mextiza you want to look for the thin leafed Oaxican leaning phenos and with the Zamaldelica it is similarly the long flowering thin leafed plants that have the most electric and upbeat effects.

One of my all time favorite sativa smokes was an extremely long flowering Zamaldelica clone I had from the original release of the strain. It went 18 1/2 weeks, grew like a triffid and had really unusual aroma I haven't seen before or since. When trimming it the aroma smelled very strongly of crushed green onion and garlic with strong hints of cedar, ginger and carrots. It slightly stung my nose similar to the way fresh cut ginger does. The effects were intense, euphoric, heart pounding and trippy. It's hard to compare smokes that are separated by many years, but I think that zammy topped any haze or haze hybrid I have ever smoked. There was similarly a nice pheno of Mextiza I had that I would rank up there as one of my all time favorites although it was not quite on the same level as that Zammy. It's effects were more fun, creative and warm but still with enough of a rush and trippiness to make it a ride.

The Panama x Bangi Haze this thread topic is about is actually one of the better sativas I have grown. It has a really nice clean effect, decent bud structure, good yield and it flowers pretty quickly. I also prefer its more soaring and upbeat high over the pure Panama which is a bit more dreamy and hazy.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
thanks for response. i grew bangi haze and mextiza.. from what you mentioned. and i cant agree with you bro. while the taste is nice. it cant touch original haze or othaze in its complexity of the effect.. but I'm haze lover. :D sure. panama x bangi sounds like excellent and indoor manageable hybrid. yet i have to try some zamal.. that can be near to OH.

The Hatter

Veteran
thanks for response. i grew bangi haze and mextiza.. from what you mentioned. and i cant agree with you bro. while the taste is nice. it cant touch original haze or othaze in its complexity of the effect.. but I'm haze lover. :D sure. panama x bangi sounds like excellent and indoor manageable hybrid. yet i have to try some zamal.. that can be near to OH.

In the end it comes down to personal preference. I too really love haze, but to me it one of many sativa flavors I really enjoy. Hazes vary quite a bit between the various different lines that exist and even individual phenotypes within those lines so there are certainly some I like more than others, but as a whole Haze is among the best I have smoked. If you enjoy the really electric trippy but clear headed sort of effects it is unfortunately often the longer flowering strains and individual plants that will have them.

Mextiza is a very short flowering sativa, yet I would rank my favorite Oaxican leaning pheno up there with some of the good hazes I have had. Although it certainly is its own beast and doesn't replicate the haze experience, I would still put that Mextiza on equal footing as far as how much I enjoyed it. Too give you an idea of how much I liked that Mextiza plant, I grew her out repeatedly despite a tendency to throw a few late flower nanners. Even the extremely long flowering land race strains won't replicate haze since they each have their own unique spin on the sativa buzz.

If I had to pick an all time favorite I think that one 18 1/2 week girl from the original Zamaldelica release might be it. It's been years now and I still have a jar of that stuff squirreled away for special occasions. If you try Zamaldelica look for the thin leafed long flowering phenos. That's where the magic is in my opinion.

The Panama X Bangi has a better effect in my opinion than either of the parental lines. You may prefer the cross over the pure Bangi Haze since you didn't like how one note the Bangi effect is. The panama adds complexity and a bit of euphoric dreaminess to the overall effect along with some nice lemony and woody incense aromas and Bangi Haze brings some of its zip and energy to the mix.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
imo the haze is magic mix. i liked bangi haze a lot :D i bought it twice. really I enjoyed it as working weed, but the effect, as well the effect of golden tiger, is one dimensional. its hard to express it for me. it doesnt have anything with potency. but haze gives so many dimensions there is mathematical term for it, its multiplicity imo. everytime you enter new slot in that system, the whole system is reorganizing :D

The Hatter

Veteran
imo the haze is magic mix. i liked bangi haze a lot :D i bought it twice. really I enjoyed it as working weed, but the effect, as well the effect of golden tiger, is one dimensional. its hard to express it for me. it doesnt have anything with potency. but haze gives so many dimensions there is mathematical term for it, its multiplicity imo. everytime you enter new slot in that system, the whole system is reorganizing :D

I totally get what you are saying about how Bangi is a bit one dimensional. The Panama or Bangi x Panama might be more up your alley if you are looking for a more multidimensional experience. Panama has some depth to the effect and more complex terpenes. Sometimes Panama can be quite dreamy or even introspective and other times more stimulating and euphoric. You might want to check out some good Colombians if you haven't already since they can have quite nuanced and complex sativa effects as well. I haven't actually tried it, but I have heard some very good things about about Panama x Haze. You might be able to find some nice haze effects in a shorter flowering package. Best of luck in your search.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
sure it sounds like nice cross, this pangi, I made original haze x mextiza, so this is now my way to get shorter flowering haze. I heard good things about panamahaze, but also heard it lacks in flavors and taste dep compared to OH. good talk with you Hatter. keep it up.

andlund930

Here is one of my Pangi Haze. The one worth showing off. My other Pangi went into flower as a younger plant (2weeks) still mainlined for 8 colas. It is quite wimpy, similar to the last one I grew. Also an unimpressive plant structually, again put into flower as a young plant mainline to 8. Longer node spacing, not much for stacking colas, and weak branches. I gather this plant needs a longer more careful veg period. I confess I rush on the mainlining. Probably started topping wayyyy too early.

That said the last one was GREAT smoke, complex terps that I loved, lemon, earth, sweet musk, incense. Only yielded 35 grams. Plants treated the same in that run yielded 10oz, 6oz, 4oz. So yep, longer veg needed.

This one pictured is in like the 7th week of flower. Love thus plant. If you see the salty water spots on the leaves, I was gone for 2 weeks and had Bonnie (wife) take over smh.

Can't wait to see how much bigger this girl gets.

Attachments

• Resized952018012395075722.jpg
    Resized952018012395075722.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Resized952018012395075712.jpg
    Resized952018012395075712.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Resized952018012395075652.jpg
    Resized952018012395075652.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 161

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
This was a lovely plant. Just put her in the jar two days ago and gradually adjusting here down to 65% humidity. So far I don't get as much lemony aromas as I was hoping for. This girl almost reminded me of a Kali China a little bit but is sweeter and more floral. It's still way early but tester bowl was potent and yummy.