What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st coco grow.. scrog or tree yield test?

Y

yted

Nice thread mate,

i thing scrogging is a long winded way of growing tbh, if you just grow from seed ok but if you cloning and wanting to knock grows out as fast as you can its a slow method.

I mangaged to pull 58oz out of a 2.4 x 1.2 tent with 2 600w lights just with a little bit of training at thats good enough for me

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Nice thread mate,

i thing scrogging is a long winded way of growing tbh, if you just grow from seed ok but if you cloning and wanting to knock grows out as fast as you can its a slow method.

I mangaged to pull 58oz out of a 2.4 x 1.2 tent with 2 600w lights just with a little bit of training at thats good enough for me
I would love to see that

Pumpkin

Veteran
58oz... man, that's killing it!

Apparently I'm not allowed to remove one leaf off the bush side. It's a natural, untouched and unstressed vs. trained, chopped and stressed. Want to see if human intervention can actually improve yield at all. Hopefully it doesn't improve budrot :) The room has a lot of airflow. Normally I'd remove bottom stuff, but letting it go for this test.

Y

yted

I would love to see that

i hit the highs last grow lol

4 delahaze in one side pulled 32

in the other side was 2 pine apple which pulled 20 and 2 green crack with pulled 6.

i chop and change what i grow to keep it interesting,

only hit 41 last time growing cali connection green crack,

i have a diary up at the minute with my pineapple express

cant wait to see this thread unfold hope the trees win :)

Pumpkin

Veteran
Why did you stop growing the deltahaze? Didn't smoke good or what?

2 pounds under a 600... I'd be checking my scales if I weighed in that :)

Y

yted

The truth is mate, i had 2 phenos and i binned the wrong one lol, the one i kept took a lifetime to flower, so i binned it, great smoke and yield with no hassle tho,

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
58oz... man, that's killing it!

Apparently I'm not allowed to remove one leaf off the bush side. It's a natural, untouched and unstressed vs. trained, chopped and stressed. Want to see if human intervention can actually improve yield at all. Hopefully it doesn't improve budrot :) The room has a lot of airflow. Normally I'd remove bottom stuff, but letting it go for this test.
If you want to have a "natural" side you might want to flip it much much earlier to flowering.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Well I had to wait for the screen to fill out, and that was the reason to trigger flowring. Unfortunately, I'm bit of a scrog hack, so didn't even get that quite right. I've got enough head room, so I think it'll be alright. Growing is always a learning process though. I've tried more plants with less veg and had less than satisfactory yields (about 3lb off 2000 watts). So letting them bush up a bit bigger and i'm hoping turns that around. I also like keeping my plant count down, as plant count and the law are directly linked here.

In the future I want to continue to reduce plant numbers, one 1000 watt light a plant and 2lb a plant is the ultimate goal. Will see what happens anyway, just going to keep on trying and learning from my mistakes.

Will keep an eye on your grow yted. Really hope you have a great grow and push out some big numbers again. Seems to be flowering up real fast :) I'm so confused with the seed thing and what to get. I'd really like a reasonable smoke that is a big producer and that is piss easy to trim, but when i see a plant that looks like it's just been snowed on, it's difficult not to clone it. I'm far too enticed by how beautiful a plant looks to make good decisions :) I'm more psychedelic than high... so rely on friends for quality judgments.

I'll be over the moon if one side gives me 2lb this round.. and i'm running 1000 watters and not 600s. Well just a month to go and I'll find out I guess. These will all be ready at 8 weeks. Just in time for the electricity bill :)

As a side not LSD from Barney's Farm was not a great strain. Lots of frosty leaves, but we trim them all off anyway... what is left after that is not great nor very psychedelic. It's okay smoke, but crappy yield and the name is a misnomer. Grow a sativa instead if you are looking for that sort of high. I got so rolled by the marketing hype :)

I find that quality and yield are often in opposition with each other. Unfortunately for me quality wins for me every time. I know that I prefer quality drugs, and I want people to enjoy and have access to high quality drugs, but it would be much nicer if quality and quantity could be in the same package. Top quality medicine is crucial, abundant medicine is a bonus.

Strain recommendations welcome. Quality medicine, good yield and easy trim (we are only two people and remove all leaf). I want to be proud of my produce and I'm a perfectionist in that regard, so feel free to strain me up to reach those goals. Thanks :tiphat:

Last edited:

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I had a very nice LSD cut a few years ago, the seeds might require more selections.

You can cut your trimming time by producing only big colas and process all the small- medium buds in a bowl trimmer, like the Spin Pro.
If you grow smaller plants you will have less trim work.
I only cut leaves I can easily cut and without touching the buds with the scissors as it will break off the trichomes.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Hey there. We have a trimmer after growing a pure sativa outdoors... it literally saved us a week. We always retrim after running it through the trimmer though. It's a cheap UFO like machine with a hand crank. It does an okay job on the more rounded uniform buds, but is a bit rubbish with anything else, elongated cola's FORGETABOOUTIT!. Worth it's weight in gold even if it's only a pre-trim. For pure sativa's not having a trimmer is insanity. Best $200 we ever spent. We had usable weed that would have been chook food otherwise. Was of great quality also... but sativas can be awful to deleaf... so much leaf... so little bud. Serves me right for growing seeds from the 70s :)

I only grew three LSD and they were all quite similar.. not a lot of variance. How was the yield? Blagh... it doesn't compete with my freebie seeds... they seriously shit all over that LSD i grew... in every aspect. Genetics are a funny thing... all the hype in the world, yet my 70s sativa that didn't glow with resin (looked dull) at all and had zero bag appeal went by the pound after a taste. I even smoke it from time to time, and i don't like weed. Give me a psychedelic any day :) If I had to smoke weed, sativa's is all I would touch. Most folk like more bang for their buck, and it's understandable. Pure sativas are very unprofitable. It's such a shame, because the unique high is special and more in line with my personal philosophy and justification of drug use. Each to their own though. Sedate the masses :) If you have to part with your money, ceiling and high isn't an issue, bang for your buck is. The compromise is hybrid, but which one provides the right compromise? Low ceiling seems a bad compromise with any drug. Getting as stoned as possible should surely be an option with any drug. Recreation is all well and good, but the option to push it further, is the hallmark of an altered state. I don't quite get the fascination with weed, I don't get the profound insight I do from psychedelics. For me weed just makes the uninteresting interesting, but not interesting enough to make it worthwhile. I'm completely addicted to watching plants grow though. It's a magnificent process and one I'm glad to be a part of. Those that have a stead supply of medicine are also very grateful. The lab that makes my drugs cares as much as I do about my product, and that's the karma that makes the world turn. Good people deserve good medicine! I'm lucky to be surrounded by good people!

Small plants are not an option as plant count is law here. I'm happy to trim if I can reduce plant count. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Y

yted

Well I had to wait for the screen to fill out, and that was the reason to trigger flowring. Unfortunately, I'm bit of a scrog hack, so didn't even get that quite right. I've got enough head room, so I think it'll be alright. Growing is always a learning process though. I've tried more plants with less veg and had less than satisfactory yields (about 3lb off 2000 watts). So letting them bush up a bit bigger and i'm hoping turns that around. I also like keeping my plant count down, as plant count and the law are directly linked here.

In the future I want to continue to reduce plant numbers, one 1000 watt light a plant and 2lb a plant is the ultimate goal. Will see what happens anyway, just going to keep on trying and learning from my mistakes.

Will keep an eye on your grow yted. Really hope you have a great grow and push out some big numbers again. Seems to be flowering up real fast :) I'm so confused with the seed thing and what to get. I'd really like a reasonable smoke that is a big producer and that is piss easy to trim, but when i see a plant that looks like it's just been snowed on, it's difficult not to clone it. I'm far too enticed by how beautiful a plant looks to make good decisions :) I'm more psychedelic than high... so rely on friends for quality judgments.

I'll be over the moon if one side gives me 2lb this round.. and i'm running 1000 watters and not 600s. Well just a month to go and I'll find out I guess. These will all be ready at 8 weeks. Just in time for the electricity bill :)

As a side not LSD from Barney's Farm was not a great strain. Lots of frosty leaves, but we trim them all off anyway... what is left after that is not great nor very psychedelic. It's okay smoke, but crappy yield and the name is a misnomer. Grow a sativa instead if you are looking for that sort of high. I got so rolled by the marketing hype :)

I find that quality and yield are often in opposition with each other. Unfortunately for me quality wins for me every time. I know that I prefer quality drugs, and I want people to enjoy and have access to high quality drugs, but it would be much nicer if quality and quantity could be in the same package. Top quality medicine is crucial, abundant medicine is a bonus.

Strain recommendations welcome. Quality medicine, good yield and easy trim (we are only two people and remove all leaf). I want to be proud of my produce and I'm a perfectionist in that regard, so feel free to strain me up to reach those goals. Thanks :tiphat:

hi pumpkin, from all the strains i have grown, delahaze has to be the easiest to trim, massive colas and great smoke.

The most dank super stinky strain i grew out was Green crack by cali connection, yields ok but is a lanky stretchy plant and is 2 much like hardwork imo,

i am just about to pop some Chemmy jones seeds, supposed to be dank with big yields ,,,, we shall see , try dela mate am sure it will fit the bill

oti$

Id suggest you give ghost train haze by rare dankness a try. I grew #8, very good yield, potent sativa high, easy to trim, bag appeal, and a strong smell and flavor. All around winner. You have to flower her for 11 weeks to get her to her full potential, but the end product is so worth it. Looks like you shoukd have decent yield. I think your "natural" side would do a little better if you got rid of some of the underlying growth, but thats already been covered. I'm interested to see how this unfolds:D

Latest posts

Latest posts