What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heath Robinson's Black Rose (no defined grow, but generally hydro)

zamzia

Veteran
Hi IC.

This is my first posted grow! This is more for me to keep a record of what I am doing and put it into some sort of order. Any comments / feedback etc are most welcome.

I have popped a Black Rose seed which I was fortunate enough to get from Graham (received 3 reg purple wreck for free too). I got a pack of 11 regular seeds, but I'm a bit funny about popping lots of seeds at the same time and to be honest, I only need to run one at a time. The only time I ever did was when I had shed loads of bagseed. This was when I was a teenager and expected great things from growing plants on my window sill! Since then I have only pulled off one grow of Pineapple Express in a DR100 tent under a 400W MH for veg then a 600W HPS for flower. That didn't go too badly so I have grown out a clone of that.

The seed popped after only about 12hrs in a shot glass of tap water.

After 24hrs I transferred it to damp kitchen towel on a small plate. Unfortunately I let it dry out and the root shriveled a bit and went brown. I thought that was it, but I persevered and despite it looking very sad, even when I popped it into a jiffy pellet, it sprouted and now has the first healthy sets of leaves.

This grow is very much undefined. Currently I am waiting for the PE clone to finish and a pure power plant (both in DR100 tents and due to finish in 2-3 weeks). Once these are done the room will have plywood mounted to the internal walls , which will be insulated. I think the black rose will go into one of the DR100 tents to be kept as a mother. Clones will be taken and if I can get it together I will be running a mini vert a la Heath Robinson. While I realise this is unoriginal, I just want to try it out. I would have gone the whole hog and copied his flooded vert but I honestly don't have the skills to attempt anything that involved. I think it's going to be tough going feeding the mini vert with clones as it is. I also want to try a tree grow of the black rose. So like I said, a little undefine, but we'll see how it goes. Either way, I'm excited about the black rose. I've not seen a decent purple strain for years from any of the local market traders round these parts.

zamzia

Last edited:

zamzia

Veteran
Thank you watts. Yes I do, it's from Graham. Heath has mentioned him personally before.

Last edited:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah I grew Black Rose very very kewl looking plant as I can remember..it's was awhile ago now small yeild atleast with me but nice stay safe headband 707

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hey there, If I were you, I would edit your posts mentioning where you got the seeds. Although we are permitted to discuss and show any seeds/plants/strains at all now, linking and directing people to other vendors is still not permitted. It would be a shame if your thread got binned, as I would like to see this grow.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got mine from Heath himself popping some beans atm..good luck Brah!

picture.php

sweetness

picture.php

zamzia

Veteran
Hey there, If I were you, I would edit your posts mentioning where you got the seeds. Although we are permitted to discuss and show any seeds/plants/strains at all now, linking and directing people to other vendors is still not permitted. It would be a shame if your thread got binned, as I would like to see this grow.

Thanks for noticing and for the heads up HG. Done!

Yeah I grew Black Rose very very kewl looking plant as I can remember..it's was awhile ago now small yeild atleast with me but nice stay safe headband 707

I just love the look of the buds. We'll see how the yield turns out, but I think Heath was looking to develop a good purple/good yielder when he came up with the Black Rose. Time will tell!

i too would like to follow along b/c the bag of Black Rose in Heaths thread looks so damn good.

Thanks SSH. I hope my efforts are worth following! You are so right, my inspiration for giving it a go!

I'd like to grow some, just because the black buds look so exotic!

Hi petemoss. Worth a try hey! They do look amazing from the pics I've seen of Heaths. Thanks for the pics you posted up. I have searched around a little for images but seems not many have posted up their grows of this.

I got mine from Heath himself popping some beans atm..good luck Brah!

sweetness

Hey megayields! I've read (nearly) all of your vert paradise thread, which took a long time! (I'm a very slow reader, I used to hate it in school when we had to read in class because EVERYONE had always finished before me. In fact I skived a class once and sat in the toilets just so I didn't have to read out loud!). I look forward to seeing what you get out of her too.

Thank you all for dropping in!

zamzia

zamzia

Veteran
Took a few pics yesterday eve....

This weekend I'll have it planted up in a water farm (smaller of the two farms). It'll remain under the CFL's for now.

zamzia

Veteran
Missed this pic out, breaking the surface....

Anyway, I cleaned up one of my water farms at the weekend and drilled a few more holes in the base, this time using an 8mm bit. Last time I used a 10mm (didn't have the 8mm bit then) and I think these were a little too big. The hydroton says it's 8-16mm I believe, but there sure are some smaller bits in there!

And then the Black Rose was put into position....

I put in a very weak solution of canna veg nutes (about 0.4/0.5 ec, with the tap water being about 0.2/0.3 I think) and pH of 5.6. As of last night she was looking fine under 2 x 45watt 6400k cfl lamps.

G

Guest 88950

Why do people post photoshopped purple pictures?

you really should read up some more before making statments like that.

if you read up on Heath you'd know its legit.

dont believe me about legit color in buds just go search Pakastani Citral Kush by ACE /CBG.

zamzia

Veteran
I've not read much about the smoke of it actually watts. I know Heath said his aim was a good yielding proper dark purple strain. If you have a link to a smoke report feel free to post it up as I would be interested to have a read. Thanks :)

zamzia