What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

Wvkindbuds I have seen a ton of growth and stretch the last few weeks.. I’ve had to cut down 6 males (that were advertised as female seeds) but only those 6 out of.. I want to say 109 plants.. turned male.. idk to be upset that they turned male or not.. doesn’t seem like too big of a deal since it was only 6 out of that many “female seeds” all the rest (as of 4 or 5 days ago which was the last time I seen them) have hairs and some are even starting to get bud formations on them.. and then my other plants that were regular seeds are about at the same stage as those 103 are.. obviously I’ve chosen early finishing plants lol.. I like to have every plant chopped down by the 2nd week of October at latest.. looks like some of them will be done a lot sooner then the majority of them tho, unfortunately..
myself I like to get about 75 percent orange hairs..:tiphat:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
@theshorttexan

Some seed distributors offer an "insurance" you pay extra for to re send your order if it gets confiscated.

Mycorrhizae is a beneficial fungi that works with the roots, humic acid is another good item for the roots that helps nutrients become more accessible in the soil. Humic acid is a negatively charged anion and attracts positively charged cations like calcium.

Some information on cation exchange:

Posted December 4, 2013 by Ron Goldy, Michigan State University Extension

https://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/anions_and_cations_in_plants_oh_my_but_why_do_we_care

Anions and cations in plants, oh my! But why do we care? Plant essential nutrients exist as anions and cations. What does that mean for plant production and why should growers be aware?

There is a lot of biological and chemical activity occurring in your average soil. Most happens unseen and unheard, and that’s probably a good thing. Just because these organisms and processes don’t scream out, doesn’t mean growers shouldn’t pay attention to what goes on. In fact, paying attention can make the difference between a good and a great grower. In an earlier Michigan State University Extension article, “Knowing nutrient mobility is helpful in diagnosing plant nutrient deficiencies,” I discussed nutrient mobility within the plant and how understanding mobility helps identify nutrient deficiencies, but it is also important for growers to pay attention to nutrient mobility in the soil.

Plant nutrients exist in the soil as either anions or cations. What are they? Most molecules in natural systems have a positive or negative charge and it is this charge difference that helps drive chemical reactions to keep us all alive – that’s important. Anions are those elements or molecules that in their natural state have a negative (-) charge. Cations are those that in their natural state have a positive (+) charge. Negative charge, positive charge – who cares? Keep reading.

Most soil particles have a negative charge. The amount of negative charge depends on soil texture, such as sand, silt and clay content, which is directly related to soil particle surface area. The cation exchange capacity (CEC) determined by a soil test is a direct indication of the amount of negative charges on your soils. A soil with low CEC has fewer negative charges than a soil with a higher number. High sand soils generally have a low CEC, clay or silt soils are higher and organic soils are highest – all related to particle surface area.

Now the important part! Since soils are negatively charged and plant nutrients are positive and negative, some nutrients are attracted to soil while others are not – the “opposites attract” principle. Those nutrients that exist as anions (-) are moved through soil, meaning growers need to be careful how they are applied regardless of soil type. These nutrients readily travel wherever water carries them, leading to nutrient runoff and leaching and economic loss and environmental concern.

Cations (+) are more readily bound to soil, resulting in these nutrients moving through the soil more slowly. However, since low CEC soils have fewer negative charges, cations will move more quickly through low CEC (sandy-based) soils than they will through high CEC (loamy and silt/clay-based) soils.

All this positive-negative, cation-anion, high CEC-low CEC stuff comes into play when applying nutrients and water.

most mobile elements have a negative charge and the somewhat mobile and immobile elements have a positive charge. Over application of a (-) charged element followed by excessive water will quickly move that element through the system. Likewise, over application of most (+) charged elements on a low CEC soil can move that element through the system since there are not enough (-) charges on the soil particle surface to bind to the cation.

The odd anion is phosphorous. Even though it has a (-) charge, it is not mobile in soil because phosphorous forms are not very soluble. It can, however, still move – not as the anion, but bound to soil particles as the particles move. Therefore, minimizing runoff is helpful in reducing phosphorus leaching.

Last edited:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I dunno KY are those Fems autos or regular fems??? Usually a good breeder the reg fems won't give many males....maybe a banana or 2 to pick off. Unless they got stressed real bad, which with all this bad weather and stuff it's kinda hard to say it may be environmental. But if I was growing reg fems indoor and got 6males outta 100 I'd probably be pissed. I guess things can get mixed up also but if those fems are autos that probably the culprit. I've had some auto fems turn male. It seems there not as stable as most reg fem seeds. But you've got so many breeders nowadays it's hard to say really

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
We've got the experts and side by side seaweed analysis expert on everything now guys !!!! From everything mycorrhiza and seaweed we've got the guys with facts here now. And growers that's used both, along with expert knowledge of the ingredients in the seaweed. This is great, I'm still hoping to find out about some other good types/brands of seaweed to try. I'm used maxicrop for yrs but might would try something different that's good to just see if it's better. I gotta watch these mycorrhiza vids I've always knew what is use was for but a factal video helps give more insight. Thanks guys for all the research and studying of the mycorrhiza and seaweed. I love to know facts about things I use to grow cannabis. It only helps guys I promise that

-TheShortTexan-

No homo... but I'm freaking stoked I found these threads. This one and guerilla underground. No bud til I finish this crop. But the info here is paramount, and the people get me by. Keep it up everyone

Yea, good stuff in here guys :dance013:
But yea they were regular fems.. I try to be positive and grateful.. but honestly was pissed at first.. this is my 3rd season with “ordered seeds” so not that familiar with how stable they usually are.. back in the day if you asked me to order seeds online I would have said heck no I ain’t doing that haha.. I guess that goes hand in hand with how us ol boys are behind on times a tab bit lol.. I’m not ashamed to say that.
However I will go ahead and say they are kcbrains.. I’m not going to blame it on the breeder tho.. I believe they may have been stressed in there early days just enough to throw them off track like you mentioned.. how are your kc strains doing???

-TheShortTexan-

I haven't ever ordered more than like 10 seeds at a time. But I kinda feel like the odds of ordering 100 and seeing 6 mess up are pretty normal. AGAIN I haven't ever ordered that many so I can't say. But I've heard somewhere of people telling nirvana their seeds weren't feminized and they replaced em. But idk how many seeds they ordered. They are probably more willing to replace a few seeds than 100

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well I got a 5 pack of KC Cristal Limits fems and there doing great. This is my first time growing KC stuff but you shouldn't have got pure males. I've grow fem seeds since they first came out and guys hated them....lol how things have changed. I've had one bad experience with some that hemied on me indoors but never ever pure males. And the spray banana I've pulled off and had a great grow. I've not heard of many guys getting straight males....a lot of hemi plants though with fem seeds. Maybe some mix up at the company you order from.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea don't let a bad experience cause you not to order. Man I've got ahold of tons of killer seeds over the yrs. it's the best thing you ever did ordering seeds. Possibly the environment also it's crazy wet and humid....maybe the stress

Dankwolf

Outdoor

Outdoor

picture.php
picture.php

caliprop215

Veteran
Found a good way to spread diamaticious earth.
...pour a cup or 2 in each hole or underneath the plant.then get ur leaf blower ang give it a quick blsst of air. The de clouds instantly and hits most if not all parts of the bottom of the leaves..make sure u wear a mask.

Dankwolf ur killin it.

I put some more trellising up on some plants that needed it. Spread them out even more..staying very short and wide. 7 to 8 ft u can use boards for size comparison...Ibuilt a 7 to 8 ft square with 2x4 and pulled trellis over the cage and stapled it to the 2x4.

Attachments

• 20180731_200756.jpg
    20180731_200756.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180731_200805.jpg
    20180731_200805.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 9

Dday391

Those are indeed some nice looking ladies dankwolf! Really beautiful plants I want just one plant like that and I'll be a happy camper hahaha

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great work Dankwolf! Those are some healthy plants! How does the wooden frame work? Will you put a tarp over it for rain? How will they be supported?

Looking good Caliprop! Those are so stout! Super stealth! Kind of like a sea of green. Its funny what these plants can take. Got to tie up main stem so it doesn't rip. They just keep on growing! Fun to watch!

I have always hesitated using feminized seeds because of the risk of hermaphrodite plants. If they are male thats easy, you can find those early. If a hermi dropps pollen in september, its not going to be good. Could be lots of seed and it would all be worthless.

Hey guys I'll be donating seed from my line soon. Its special and pretty close to true breeding. Its a stable line, so its a great start for a breeding program. If you're interested it will be available to purchase at seedbay/real guerilla seeds. I'll let you know when its received. This is a great line. Pure afghan with different origins and a couple bubblegums mixed in, one is sour bubble! Later on, Hill Temple Collective will likely release a more refined version!

Preserve your good lines in seed! It lasts longer, and as you work the line it gets better and better! The seed can be spread far and wide and heal families all over the world! i was made for this. Its what God has called me to do guys!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Champion Male fell over because I stole some of the soil holding him up to spread around the girls. He'll be fine. Males are forming up stamen. Will be seeing pollen in 7-14 days! Yes!

picture.php