What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Antigaz's Sub-basement Microgrow Xperiments

AntiGaz

..:binbèn:..
Yup, I wasn't trying to be harsh, but you got textbook mite damage. I have never had more than 2-3 gnats in a grow so I could be missing that factor. I hear gnats come from unwashed coco. A good cleaning and a good ipm you can overcome this.

No problem, I know you didn't hard on me. ;)

What do you mean by "good cleaning"?

Excuse my ignorance but what is ipm?

packerfan79

Veteran
No problem, I know you didn't hard on me. ;)

What do you mean by "good cleaning"?

Excuse my ignorance but what is ipm?

Bleach or sanitizer on every surface of your room and equipment.

Ipm= integrated pest management. I am big fan of neem oil. Their are a ton of threads that can help with this.

I have been in your shoes with a 10x 12 ft room and dozens of plants. It's no fun.

AntiGaz

Bleach or sanitizer on every surface of your room and equipment.

Ipm= integrated pest management. I am big fan of neem oil. Their are a ton of threads that can help with this.

I have been in your shoes with a 10x 12 ft room and dozens of plants. It's no fun.

Hi packer fan,

sorry if I answer only now.

Oh yes, It's a big problem and It's not funny at all.

Do you think neem oil could do for me?

Later I update but the situation remains similar to that of a week ago.

Byez bro :tiphat:

AntiGaz

White Widow - Day 69 (19 from the switch) - 9th of bloom

White Widow - Day 69 (19 from the switch) - 9th of bloom

Hi guys'n'girls,

as I told my bro packerfan79, the situation has not changed.

The plant is still alive but, as you already know, its health isn't absolutely good.

A few days ago I followed ReikoX's suggestion and placed two pieces of paper between the plant and the substrate but I didn'tt find anything new.

I also checked the pH of the draining water...its value is 6.1

Here's how the plant presented itself two days ago:

I think the cause is not hidden behind environmental problems but it could be an infection by insects or an intoxication.
The development of the plant is very slow and I do not know how this cycle will end.

For the moment, I thank all those who have come here to help me.

Byez :tiphat:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I hate to be that guy, but I swear that looks like mite damage. You are sure you have no mites? They would be on the bottom of the leaves and be very tiny. You said you do have some fungus gnats? A few wouldn't cause that, but I think an infestation would. I am leaning the bug route, but I really don't know. Good luck bro.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you feed your plants or is there food in the soil and they're only given water?
It looks like the plants are getting too much nitrogen. If you are feeding them, I would stop and only give them water for the rest of the run.

Michael_Phelps

Too hot from the excessive light? And hot nutes showing in a bit of the claw, or conversely, proper strength food but not enough transpiration. One fan appears to not be running, the one at the top left. 30c is too hot, despite adding humidity. Adding humidity may be causing the plant to reduce transpiration, while the excess of light for that small of a space with not enough overhead space or room to raise the lights may be compounding the lack of transpiration. On top of that, whatever bugs are affecting it too. I have used cob's before, and maybe I am biased against them in this situation, but they are not really suited for micro grows, though I understand you have them dimmed.

You should consider switching out the cob's and build it like you planned, with the led strip lights. Samsung LM561c type. More diffuse and better spread, no need for fan cooled heat sinks, less heat, better lumen to watt ratio. Keep the cob's for a space where you have the proper height clearance.

Very cool watching your micro grows, very impressed!

Michael_Phelps

I thought about it more, and think you should check in the soil maybe for pests? Since you don't find any on the leaves, you might find something in the soil. Root aphids and fungus gnats look similar, I know its probably stuff you have already thought of. Get some sticky fly traps in there, let the soil get nice and dry, like too dry, to kill fungus gnats. Root aphids need to be treated with a chemical or possibly one of those dunks if you have it available to you. Neem meal tea perhaps?

AntiGaz

I hate to be that guy, but I swear that looks like mite damage. You are sure you have no mites? They would be on the bottom of the leaves and be very tiny. You said you do have some fungus gnats? A few wouldn't cause that, but I think an infestation would. I am leaning the bug route, but I really don't know. Good luck bro.

Hey Agent, welcome back!

For the moment no trace of mushrooms or even mites but it's said that they are not present.

Do you feed your plants or is there food in the soil and they're only given water?
It looks like the plants are getting too much nitrogen. If you are feeding them, I would stop and only give them water for the rest of the run.

Hi blynx,

Always a pleasure to find you here!

The plant is fed only with water left to decant 24/48 hours.
Nitrogen deficiency is evident.
I will continue to irrigate without adding fertilizers until the end of the run.

Thanks for the visit bro!

Too hot from the excessive light? And hot nutes showing in a bit of the claw, or conversely, proper strength food but not enough transpiration. One fan appears to not be running, the one at the top left. 30c is too hot, despite adding humidity. Adding humidity may be causing the plant to reduce transpiration, while the excess of light for that small of a space with not enough overhead space or room to raise the lights may be compounding the lack of transpiration. On top of that, whatever bugs are affecting it too. I have used cob's before, and maybe I am biased against them in this situation, but they are not really suited for micro grows, though I understand you have them dimmed.

You should consider switching out the cob's and build it like you planned, with the led strip lights. Samsung LM561c type. More diffuse and better spread, no need for fan cooled heat sinks, less heat, better lumen to watt ratio. Keep the cob's for a space where you have the proper height clearance.

Very cool watching your micro grows, very impressed!
I thought about it more, and think you should check in the soil maybe for pests? Since you don't find any on the leaves, you might find something in the soil. Root aphids and fungus gnats look similar, I know its probably stuff you have already thought of. Get some sticky fly traps in there, let the soil get nice and dry, like too dry, to kill fungus gnats. Root aphids need to be treated with a chemical or possibly one of those dunks if you have it available to you. Neem meal tea perhaps?

Hi Michael_Phelps and welcome to the Sub-bas,

I agree with you, two cobs are not suitable for such a small space (even if not dimmed to maximum power).
Excessive light leads to excessively high temperatures and perspiration is greatly reduced.

At the moment, the led strips project can not be realized because I can not spend money.

The fan on the top left was turned off when I took the pictures.
Even at this juncture I should apply changes, the air recirculation is not adequate.

I did not find any insects or fungi but they are certainly present, it would take a microscope.
In any case, I will better control the substrate.

At the end of this run, I will dismantle the self-made panel, clean it, sterilize it and then hang it in the new box (40x40x120cm) ... in short, the microcabcob will retire.

Thanks for the visit and the compliments!

Come back when you want!

Byez

AntiGaz

White Widow - Day 101 - 44th of bloom

White Widow - Day 101 - 44th of bloom

Buenas microgrowers,

44 days have passed since the beginning of the flowering and, despite the complications generated by foreign agents and unsuitable climatic parameters, the situation is quite stable.

Let's see what's happening in the microcab:

Structure after the low stress training

The apical top (not predominant)

Macro of the apical top

This flower will be removed before the others due to early maturation

I thought the plant couldn't handle stress, but as you can see I was wrong.
The flowers, although slowly, continue to develop and I think that in 15/20 days I can proceed with the cut.

Ok guys, now is the time to close the curtain, greet and refer you to the next update.
If you have constructive criticism or suggestions the door is open.

Byez!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Nice job bringing the plant all the way to the Finish Line it looks like you're still going to get some good flowers after all.

AntiGaz

Nice job bringing the plant all the way to the Finish Line it looks like you're still going to get some good flowers after all.

Hey #1cheesebuds, welcome to the Sub-bas!
It's a pleasure to have you here.

Yes, it seems that the flowers haven't been contaminated.
I'll cut it in about two weeks.

Tomorrow or Wednesday I update the thread.

Thanks for the visit bro!

Byez

:wave:

AntiGaz

White Widow - 1st day of dry

White Widow - 1st day of dry

Hey microgrow friends,
the run is come to the end!

Last night I removed, cleaned and hung the flowers.

This is what I got and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised...

...the White Widow, despite the drawbacks, produced much more than what I thought and hoped.
In the next days I will tell you the weight.

I got the trim but the amount is really ridiculous so not enough to break the good hash...I will certainly be useful in times of Famine.

It's all guys, I hope you enjoyed sharing.

Byez!

PS: I forgot...if you want I will show you also the three cuttings that I have in the garden..?
They are very beautiful.

Sorry for my orribile English, see you soon

AntiGaz

White Widow - 1st day in jars

White Widow - 1st day in jars

Hey guys! :tiphat:

This is the final result after seven days of dry...

...not bad but I could do better.

Thanks for the attention growers, we'll be back soon for the next run.

Byez!

AntiGaz

I say good job on getting anything after a mite attack. :woohoo:

I agree with you bro, If I think of all the problems that the plant had, I would say it's a good job.

Byez Agent and thank you for the support!

Nice run! Looking forward to the next one!

Hey Superblynx, welcome back! :biggrin:

Thank you for the compliments, I appreciate it.

The next run will take place in a slightly larger box (40x40x120cm)...

..can I document here anyway?

Latest posts

Latest posts