What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Malawi

Tangwena

Veteran
I had to put this up I am amazed at the growth of this sativa under lights.
I started her under 400w ceramic metal halide, at two weeks from seed I tipped her once, then at 4 weeks tied her main branches down.
I started 11/13 at 2 weeks to keep her small and have just added 600w hps after her second week of 11/13.
I can see that I will hopefully be getting 5 big colas by week 14.
This is the best sativa I have grown and I like the growth pattern.
From what I have seen on this forum I hope to get the trippy smoke I lust after. Sorry for the droopy look but it was after lights out.
tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
2 weeks on

2 weeks on

I had to remove the 600w hps as it was getting to hot in cabinet I am now using 2 400w CMH and getting 28c even when the day time temps outside are 37c.
I am hoping to harvest in 12 to 14 weeks time thats in the middle of our summer so here's hoping it dose not get too hot in the cabinet so far so good.
I have posted a picture of one of my cobs from my last grow that is now curing nicely. https://www.icmag.com/ic/photo_popu...hp?e=vB_Editor_001#vB_Editor_001#_Editor_001#

Tangwena

Veteran
Just 2 weeks on

Just 2 weeks on

Hi All its only 2 weeks since the last photos. Much has been going on I had to remove the HPS as the room temps were too high. I am now going with 2 CMH 400w lamps in a cool tube and its working a treat.
Outside air temps at 38c but inside grow room only 27c. At this rate I will be able to grow through summer in Aussie, unheard of for me with HPS.
I am amazed at the verility of this plant it looks like it will be a heavy producer.
I just hope I can get the strength I am looking for at the end.
I used to get Malawi as a teenager in Africa in the 70's and it was not all good.
But the really good stuff was extremly trippy and sometimes very hard to handle.
Thats what I am after one toke and wow! two tokes and shit whats happening, 3 tokes and I shouldn't of had that second toke god help me now.
The bud sites are popping up all over its going to be 10 to 14 weeks from here I reckon so it should be huge.

ydijadoit

Nice looking plant! I am thinking of ordering some seeds soon, and this one is on my list. In the far northwest of the USA, we rarely ran into pure sativa strains as teenagers. We did however, get some stuff in 1988 that was gold in color. One hit each got me and my friends higher than we could stand. Racing heart, "Oh my GOD!" high. At the time we worried it was laced, but looking back, and reading the stories on here about top shelf sativa from way back, I suspect it was something like the Malawi you are growing. Once we got used to smoking it, it got a little bit more manageable, but could still cause trouble if over done. I could mow the lawn in record time, smoking that stuff, or two more hits later, I'd be praying to gods I didn't believe in, to make it go away!
I'll be watching this grow. I've heard nothing but good about ACE gear.
Regards

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi brother I dont know if what you had was Malawi but it could have been. The best stuff we got was called chapter 5 by the dealers and we used to hallucinate like crazy, peoples features would become distorted, like if they had a big nose, you would fixate on it and burst out laughing. It was also called laughing grass. I dont mean the giggles I mean fits of laughter and not care if it attracted attention, no paranoia. It made you cock sure of yourself but also off the planet at the same time. I miss those days.
There was also many other types with every kind of high in the book. but the chapter 5 was what everyone wanted, the cobs where rock hard like hash I would recognise the smell anywhere. It was the creme de la creme. Hopefully this plant will be close to that, the last plants I grew from seeds of Africa reminded me of the run of the mill stuff that was allways available and nowhere near as good.
If I was you I would get some seeds. I have Zamaldelicia and golden tiger from ace as well. I cant wait to give them a go too.
Tangwena

ydijadoit

Fascinating how different strains effect people. The stuff we got in '88 was very psychedelic, both visually, and body. I got so high one night I actually went to the emergency room. (Yup, one of those kids!)
I had been sitting on my couch, when I was overpowered with a tactile hallucination, that my legs were not mine, and felt like snakes. I know that sounds nuts, but it seemed real at the time. Of course, I was fine. As soon as the nurse put the blood pressure cuff on me, I calmed down, and was just really, really high. She laughed at me, and sent me home.
Word of my experience got around, and all my buddies called me a pussy... Until the next sack showed up. My buddy got so high while driving through town, he had to pull over. Head in his hands, sweating, rolling the window down in January. I mentioned to him that I could drive him to the hospital, if he was that big a pussy :)
It became known as "Hospital bud" in our little tiny town, after that. We all wanted more, but were pretty careful with it.
Maybe I'm a slow learner, but I want to try something like that again!
Regards

Tangwena

Veteran
ydijadoit now thats what I'm talking about, we had a lot of Americans and Canadians come to Malawi for the pot.
We were driving along one day having just scored a couple of cobs of chapter 5 when we saw this cool looking dude with long hair hitchhiking.
Long story short we gave him a couple of hits on a tiny joint we had made. This guy loved it and said "could we score him some".
He asked to go to a bank to cash a travelers check as he was skint.
We sat in the car outside laughing and enjoying the trip.
Anyway he seemed ok with us, but when he went inside the bank things went wrong, we saw him look at the teller and then turn and run out the door, but he didn't see the glass door was closed and hit it at full steam, he just stood there with a dazed look on his face.
I don't know what happend after that as we took off, the last thing we wanted was cops turning up and us carrying 2 cobs, we would have been put inside for 3 months.
That gear made you feel realy high, but it just kept getting stronger and stronger you may be fine one minute and completly of the tree the next.
I am hoping to get this lady as strong as I can. I checked her today and there was another leap in production, the next post in 7 days should see a big increase in bud size. i still have 5 seeds left! This could go on for ever as I only have room for one plant at a time.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
5 weeks in

5 weeks in

7 days on and still 6 to 8 weeks to go, she is proving to be a very strong growing plant typical sativa, but not gangly, lots of bud sites forming and just starting to have a very very interesting scent.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
thanks randy cal thats the plan, its the only strain I have found with the strong trippy high but I will keep looking, the Zamadelica is supposed to be cool thats my next grow for sure.

inquest

hehe, lookin resiny and familiar. :) how many do you have going there?

Mine had the best honey/mango/carrot smell! At twelve weeks flower she was clear to cloudy resin and an absolute joy to smoke! At fourteen plus, she'd get more amber, stronger, and stoney as hell. I miss that girl... Ace's gear, btw. ;)

I hope you took clones or at least reveg her. She's much better as a mature plant!!!

happy gardening

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi inquest thats good to hear I am planning on staggering the harvest to get a handle on the different highs times ect. Its just one plant but if shes good I hope to revege as I agree its better the second time round more roots to pick up nutes isn't it.

Tangwena

Veteran
Malawi start of week 10

Malawi start of week 10

Well we have been having 40c heat wave down under but next week temps are cooler thank god. I have reduced the ec of the feeds to 2.0 from a peak of 2.6 three weeks ago.
She seems to be handling the high temps (30c) in the grow room ok but I wouldn't want it to go on much longer.
I am super happy with the size and weight of the buds as I am only using two 375watt CMH bulbs. I will definately keep using them in future grows.

Wow... cool thread Tangwena. I just received a ten pack of Malawi Gold by surprise, and I'm super excited about these seeds. Thanks for posting this! They look beautiful, and I can't wait to see how they turn out!

OM

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Great work with the Malawis.
I hope you find something special in there.
Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Latest posts