What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2020 Black Domina

FiftySeeds

Welcome RGG , afghani genetics are amazing when you usually grow sativa hybrids !

Now at 35 days , things get serious as all plants have nice resin and smells.

[

#3 the one was late to flower and hard to get clone from her because barely no branching. The leaves in the buds are the widest of the group.But the most important i think , is that the resin really stick to your finger.Sweet and musky .
Big cristals far less than #5

#4 Small plant with some nuts undertone.(like some autoflowers ^^) .Not my cup of tea.less resinous.

#5 The fastest , very resinous , with some mint , licorice and overipe strawberries parfume. It doesn't really look like Black Domina I knew, with the most narrow leavesand a very oily resin .Many small cristals.

#6 could also be a keeper because of that sticky resin, but damn she grows so small ...

So which one from the oily or sticky resin will be the best ?

Soon Come. ;)

Last edited:
L

La Rana

hola !

Nice broda ! precisely, I wanted maybe to take a bunch!

I'm waiting to see the rest

Hempsmoke

Hey
Interesting to see a comparison between the different batches. I was thinking about getting black domina for a loooong time.

I grew a pack of SAD a few grows ago, and one pheno (out of 4, a bit stretchier than the others) had a really nice smell, the Potency was OK, but I was expecting some strong nighttime indica stone which wasn't really there.

So can you tell me if I can find that in the black domina?

Anyways I got me some herijuana for the next grow, maybe it will do the job :)

FiftySeeds

I knew that there were few indica lovers in the place , you're welcome guys :)

The price of Black domina seeds get so high when they turn from 16 to 10 seeds in the pack.They were already very expensive prior to that , that's why only a few growers have tried them. I also remember the poor marketing around her (unless the description ^^), no coffee shops selling some for exemple , while Jack herrer and later hashplant and Jackflash get full promotion package .

And when the BD seeds get their higher price, feminized version at a lower price was very exciting for many.
I 've grown S.A.D and get nice results too , sweet afghani fits well. By the way , I also quickly realized that the effects wasn't the devastating indica I was looking for.And it seems nobody get it from this fem strain (the mother of SAD hasn't this effect either).

Back to the grow.

I was waching my BD ladies closely to detect any hermies and found that the pre-flowers calyxes have swoled to their maximum size . Hard to take pics of that but I ll try for the 6th week update. The calyxes of #3 are enormous while #5 are only normal size.

Calyxes size , and bracts (resinous leaves in the buds) widht are criterias that talk to me ;) . The plant pics from sensi catalog is what it should looks like, dark on a main cola.

I may try fem version from sensi too , have heard some good results in their fem line with their super skunk...
But Now i have kept males , i can already have a deeper pheno hunt ;)

Stay tuned

FiftySeeds

6 weeks of flowering.

#5 15% brown hairs , should be ready in 2 weeks :) .

#3 starting a nest type bud , is also making an enormous seed/calyxe from accidental polination with the BD male "A" I guess .

At least 3 weeks before harvesting, maybe 2 for the pheno#5 .
There are already some nice variations between plants for hunting.
But Will only 6 females be enough to find a keeper?.. We will see guys.

Have a nice day :)

Peace

Last edited:

lLucky

like the look of the #5, that's my guess for the keeper but only time/test will tell :p

good job on the grow!

FiftySeeds

7 weeks now

#5 is 90% brown/orange haired. The buds are very dense , so dense in fact they can easily devellop botrytis (i have to check inside the buds and put extra fan). A sample of this #5 is already drying :) .
@Ilucky , I wish you are true because this one is really fast and easy to grow without overlapping leaves (best air circulation).

takes more time , has a different structure like round golf balls every 3 inches on the main stem , not forming one big cola already.Only few red hairs on top.

Smells of #5 are earthy/chocolate/coffee /old red wine/strawberry/licorice /beer , can't tell precisely ^^.
No more ferts and low humidity until the end .

++

Last edited:

K.T.F.

Getting stinky up in here :headbange

I'd never got around to growing my original Sensi BD stock Fifty, But I know that Barry (Truecannablis) used an old girl in his Broadleaf Black (Black Domina x SFV/Chem).

How would you rate Sensi's current offerings?

FiftySeeds

Getting stinky up in here :headbange

I'd never got around to growing my original Sensi BD stock Fifty, But I know that Barry (Truecannablis) used an old girl in his Broadleaf Black (Black Domina x SFV/Chem).

How would you rate Sensi's current offerings?

Growing Black Domina is on the to-do list of many growlders , but there are so much strains and breeding companies to try..

After such bad things I've heard/read about Sensi , and specially Black Domina whith customer getting super strechy plant and garbage smoke along poor germ rates.

My current grow let me think that they do it right nowadays , the amount of resin is really nice , with compact buds.:biggrin:

As a gardener , I love the broad leaf type , but as a stoner I 'll have to wait few weeks to decide the one to keep and pollinate :) .

#5 is flowering so fast , 8 weeks will really be good. Maybe 7 from clone next run , as the mothers only benefit 3 weeks vegtime.

I chop Diesels and my favorite cuts around 10/11 weeks , so 7 weekers should need some dedicated techniques I must learn to produce nice and healthy buds.

++

sshz

The original Black Domina was tall and branchy.........it barely could hold it's top cola up. This is early 1990's I'm talking about.

K.T.F.

Growing Black Domina is on the to-do list of many growlders , but there are so much strains and breeding companies to try..

After such bad things I've heard/read about Sensi , and specially Black Domina whith customer getting super strechy plant and garbage smoke along poor germ rates.

My current grow let me think that they do it right nowadays , the amount of resin is really nice , with compact buds.:biggrin:

As a gardener , I love the broad leaf type , but as a stoner I 'll have to wait few weeks to decide the one to keep and pollinate :) .

#5 is flowering so fast , 8 weeks will really be good. Maybe 7 from clone next run , as the mothers only benefit 3 weeks vegtime.

I chop Diesels and my favorite cuts around 10/11 weeks , so 7 weekers should need some dedicated techniques I must learn to produce nice and healthy buds.

++

Its nice to see that Sensi has turned around the old girl, could be worth me getting in some of the other legends to see what's what.

With me I've always had a mixed bag going on in the tents. Its only my current round that they've all been around the 11 week mark, which I have to admit makes it a whole lot easier when cropping :biggrin: especially when your dealing with the likes of Chem's and Sours.

I'll have a chat with True and see if he's still got that old BD.

GoatCheese

Veteran

++
[FONT=&quot]The Ortega plant in Black Domina IS A STRETCH INDICA. If you look thru the internet and find photos of the Ortega-cut going around in North America you will see that it is also a tall slender plant. So it is not a freak accident if you happen to find this pheno, like I did. I wouldn’t hold on to it as a keeper if it was crap smoke, I can assure you. It’s one of the best indica plants I have smoked.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you’ll only find these super short plants in BD it means you’re finding the Hash Plant/NL1 phenos without much Ortega influence. And this is because of Sensi breeder’s poor choices in parent selection. BD is supposed to be a 4-way hybrid.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Looking good Fifty …don’t forget the smoke report!:wave:[/FONT]

FiftySeeds

The original Black Domina was tall and branchy.........it barely could hold it's top cola up. This is early 1990's I'm talking about.

Really interesting , sounds like there were many batches/version of it ^^ !

95% Indica rarely leads to tall and branchy plants , but nature has its own rules ... so don't know. My first try was in 96 for 175 Fl ,lol , and the plants had even broader leaves than my current plants .

@Goatcheeese.
First , let me tell you that I appreciate your post on IC , sharing many of your point of view.I still believe that your plant is a pure miracle I'd love to smoke and not a freak accident (Something you can say as father too ).Sorry we not agree for the our first contact.:ying:

Ortega clone only doesn't look like your plant at all, pics and report from dlovejah on a other farmer site show it as very close to NL , nearly pure indica/afghan. Breeder steeve use it also for L.U.I. and quite referenced too.

@Bigtacofarmer
Yes , the effect could be somewhat boring and not productive.
The taste could be also a little bland , which needs a good curing to reduce the harshness of the smoke.

But for breeding it can be usefull to reduce flowering time and height.Smoked pure , its main (only ?)binterest is for insomnia.
I 'll watch for late nanners now , but it looks ok ;)

Not easy to loo after Black domina on Google without loosing your soul , beware guys ^^

Peace

GoatCheese

Veteran
@Goatcheeese.
First , let me tell you that I appreciate your post on IC , sharing many of your point of view.I still believe that your plant is a pure miracle I'd love to smoke and not a freak accident (Something you can say as father too ).Sorry we not agree for the our first contact.:ying:

Ortega clone only doesn't look like your plant at all, pics and report from dlovejah on a other farmer site show it as very close to NL , nearly pure indica/afghan. Breeder steeve use it also for L.U.I. and quite referenced too.
If someone’s Ortega-clone looks like NL, then you’re prolly confusing two different genetics named Ortega. The original Ortega came out of Maple Leaf-afghani genetics Nevil had.

And the OTHER Ortega is a Northern Lights strain (Nl5 x NL1) from MrNice, which Shanti made with Nevil’s old seed stock. MrNice’s Ortega is not related to the Ortega Nevil used in Black Domina.

Here’s the US Ortega …thin leaves and stretchy plant just like mine:
..Photos from the internet

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

FiftySeeds

Thank Goatcheese , they are some the pics I was refering to ;).

It's maybe only me , but ortega looks like straight indica bush , short internode spacing ,not really a tall slender..

Leaves could also be broadier in veg , like the mapple leaf pattern , I haven't find pics of this clone at this stage.

But they don't look the same at at all !

picture.php

Because it is you , i believe it is really a Black domina plant you're growing.
But you should pop the last seeds from your pack , I'd love to see if they will be all like that one !

Take care of that plant bro , are the effects pure couchlock ?

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts