What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitchin bout biden

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Maria Bartiromo worked for CNBC talking finance for 20 years before she got lured over to Fox as a propagandist in 2014. She must be regretting that move.

CaptainDankness

Only way I'm down with electric cars is if they have a battery pack exchange at the pump, just place the dying battery in and pull out the full battery.

I damn sure don't have 45 minutes to charge a Tesla. Then it's going to need to be affordable I ain't paying $40k.

I have been looking at the conversion kits though, would be fun to put an electric motor in a junk Jeep and see how good it does on the trails.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Electrolysis is a 7th grade physics demonstration. Battery power breaks water down to hydrogen and oxygen. If the gasses are collected and ignited with a spark there is an explosion equal to the electricity used and the only byproduct is water. Hydrogen can be used in a fuel cell or in a piston engine made with rust free metals and non soluble lubricants. Regenerative breaking converts water back to hydrogen as does plug in charging. It's way to simple.

picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems like ice cream is Biden’s thing, him and Nancy both. Probably is made by Antifa in some communist country.
[iframe1]_A4jS8gUtjE[/iframe1]

[iframe1]DgfumenJbXE[/iframe1]

collectively those two are like 1024 years old,ice cream doesn't need to be chewed...makes sense...

redlaser

Veteran
collectively those two are like 1024 years old,ice cream doesn't need to be chewed...makes sense...

I don’t know, as I’ve gotten older I still like going through the motions at least. People make fun, and it’s not right, but what are you gonna do about family. Prime example is the other night at the Cracker Barrel

[iframe1]LES1VJeZslE[/iframe1]

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Right I can't wait for hyper inflation and a $15 minimum wage when $20 an hour ain't shit pre hyper inflation. I almost want to exchange my money to Chinese currency cause the dollar is fucked. Lol

..... and I can't wait for the brand new, state of the art compound microscope that I so richly deserve! :laughing:

We all know it's the End Times, may as well go out in style! :tiphat:

igrowone

Veteran
Only way I'm down with electric cars is if they have a battery pack exchange at the pump, just place the dying battery in and pull out the full battery.

I damn sure don't have 45 minutes to charge a Tesla. Then it's going to need to be affordable I ain't paying $40k.

I have been looking at the conversion kits though, would be fun to put an electric motor in a junk Jeep and see how good it does on the trails.
if an acceptable system can be setup for a battery swap garage
then you get some good choices for batteries
some air type batteries have even higher energy density than gasoline
but they're not plug in rechargeable, they're called mechanically rechargeable

St. Phatty

Electrolysis is a 7th grade physics demonstration. Battery power breaks water down to hydrogen and oxygen. If the gasses are collected and ignited with a spark there is an explosion equal to the electricity used and the only byproduct is water. Hydrogen can be used in a fuel cell or in a piston engine made with rust free metals and non soluble lubricants. Regenerative breaking converts water back to hydrogen as does plug in charging. It's way to simple.

View Image

It is very strange to read about all the Oxygen shortages in Brazil & even the US.

It's not that hard to fill up a 42 gallon contractor bag with nearly pure oxygen.

Electrolysis is a very standard demo in so many K-12 & sometimes college science classes.

If Brazil is having trouble getting oxygen, why don't they ask their schools - that do the electrolysis demo - to help ?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It is very strange to read about all the Oxygen shortages in Brazil & even the US.

It's not that hard to fill up a 42 gallon contractor bag with nearly pure oxygen.

Electrolysis is a very standard demo in so many K-12 & sometimes college science classes.

If Brazil is having trouble getting oxygen, why don't they ask their schools - that do the electrolysis demo - to help ?

In Brazil there's big demand for oxygen after Carnival.
We're rounding the bend on that one.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran

Sorry Zeez, but you're describing a perpetual motion machine...

And even if the hydrogen's burning power could equal the energy required for the electrolysis process, that would not leave any excess energy to power the car...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Sorry Zeez, but you're describing a perpetual motion machine...

And even if the hydrogen's burning power could equal the energy required for the electrolysis process, that would not leave any excess energy to power the car...

I described an extremely efficient energy storage (battery) process using hydrogen that does not require the cadmium, heavy metals and chemicals you posted regarding electric cars. In a vehicle, the only energy loss is in the process of compressing the hydrogen for storage, the spark generated and the mechanical inefficiency of bearings, lubrication, machine, etc.

Electrolysis and hydrogen could make the desert southwest an abundant energy supplier. Train loads of water go in and trainloads of hydrogen come out. Look up electrolysis, water, hydrogen and you'll see that the energy used breaking bonds in h2O molecules is returned when hydrogen and oxygen are combusted and reconnected as water. Clean electric cars that only give off water. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger started working on the nations first "Hydrogen Highway" in 2004.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Check this out, Just west of Vegas there is a solar generating operation. Hundreds of acres of mirrors focus on a single point and run huge steam turbines. Dropping these in the desert with spur lines off RR tracks would make all the hydrogen we need.

picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I described an extremely efficient energy storage (battery) process using hydrogen that does not require the cadmium, heavy metals and chemicals you posted regarding electric cars. In a vehicle, the only energy loss is in the process of compressing the hydrogen for storage, the spark generated and the mechanical inefficiency of bearings, lubrication, machine, etc.

Electrolysis and hydrogen could make the desert southwest an abundant energy supplier. Train loads of water go in and trainloads of hydrogen come out. Look up electrolysis, water, hydrogen and you'll see that the energy used breaking bonds in h2O molecules is returned when hydrogen and oxygen are combusted and reconnected as water. Clean electric cars that only give off water. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger started working on the nations first "Hydrogen Highway" in 2004.

yeah,but how are yah gonna roll coal in a hydrogen powered car?:biggrin:

redlaser

Veteran
The invisible man will have to explain it to them.

Honda, Toyota and Hyundai all have hydrogen powered grocery getters right now.

Check out this bad boy. 1,000hp, 1,000 miles on a fill up.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/12/success/hyperion-xp1-hydrogen-powered-supercar/index.html

0-60 in 2 seconds would be impressive, along with the range. Used to have a Suzuki RM 500 that was supposed to do it in 3.5 seconds, had to lean over the front tire to keep the front end down, would pull your cheeks back towards your ears

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
0-60 in 2 seconds would be impressive, along with the range. Used to have a Suzuki RM 500 that was supposed to do it in 3.5 seconds, had to lean over the front tire to keep the front end down, would pull your cheeks back towards your ears

It's like a chain saw with wheels.:biggrin: I know that bike.

I rode an FZR in the Texas hill country for a while.

Gry

Check this out, Just west of Vegas there is a solar generating operation. Hundreds of acres of mirrors focus on a single point and run huge steam turbines. Dropping these in the desert with spur lines off RR tracks would make all the hydrogen we need.

View Image
Would sure like to see a similar investment in geothermal.

Latest posts

Latest posts