What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is anyone there???

Where are all the greenhouse / light dep growers out there?! Doesnt seem like this section is too active, at least lately. Lets change that. Ill start, lol. Its been a long summer over here but im almost done smashing out this last crop for the year. Have one GH thats week 1 flower to squeeze in. Spent all day today chopping down, and still more to go. Ran all OG this round (OGK x Lary OG) and fuck i love how this one grows. Unfortunately I had to start cutting down a bit premature to prepare for some holiday obligations...oh well. I consider these last runs to be "extra" for the year so not a big deal.

Who else out there is running their GH's year round?? I can post some pictures if anyone is interested! Lets get this section bumpin!

SelectaZooly

Puffin’

Puffin’

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Had some hfh hashplants, Viking and the Ox growing in my green house this season. Had to harvest a little early because of mold :-(. I guess the space is too small and too packed so that early october gets a bit damp in there.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
^ Nice mang, too bad about the mould / early harvest. You got anything moving the air there, fan or something? Might help a bit.. If it gets too damp, you're gonna need something to dry the air up a bit, heater thingy.

Hell yea, nice setup. Are those straight in the ground?? Consider grabbing some oscilating fans? An inline fan, with some slitted ducting underneath your canopy would make those plants super happy, in my opinion

SelectaZooly

^
Yeah, they’re straight in the ground, less vulnerable to drought. They grow huge though. I had to cut them back a few times.

A fan could help drying the climate but then I need to get electricity there. I rather keep it simpler by maybe removing a few glasses and selecting earlier strains. I’m at 51 degrees North so they need to be ready the first week of october at the latest.

^
Yeah, they’re straight in the ground, less vulnerable to drought. They grow huge though. I had to cut them back a few times.

A fan could help drying the climate but then I need to get electricity there. I rather keep it simpler by maybe removing a few glasses and selecting earlier strains. I’m at 51 degrees North so they need to be ready the first week of october at the latest.

Ive had a lot of luck planting straight in the ground as well. Huge trees, yields and a lot less water needed. Ahhh, gotcha. Wasn't aware there was no power. Best to keep it simple like you said!

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
^

Yea yea mang, I'm at 61N so I know that feeling :D
Been rocking the earlier Esben/HFH strains for years with varying success. A rainy summer coupled with a rainy fall and early winter and everything is ruined. But sometimes it's worth the trouble.

Really can't do much about the humidity if it goes thru the roof.

Try the 'Wild' strains if you can get a hold of em. (HFH)
Also you can get nice head start if you veg your little ones for a week or two indoors, then take em out (or to your greenhouse) when weather permits.

picture.php

hamstring

Veteran
I always wondered about growing straight in the ground. I agree it should produce trees with less work.

My question is how do you rotate your soil. I have been a guerrilla grower for over twenty years. If you grow outdoors, even in a green house I would imagine, you going to get some diseases. Leaf spot, mold etc.

How do you keep that from coming back the following year. I just pick a new spot but with a greenhouse how do you handle it if you are growing straight in the soil vs container?

hamstring

Veteran
^

A fan could help drying the climate but then I need to get electricity there. I rather keep it simpler by maybe removing a few glasses and selecting earlier strains.
I’m at 51 degrees North so they need to be ready the first week of october at the latest.

Its so weird, I am at 52 deg north. When I started growing in 93 and no not 1893 although I am old. The first frost was always around Sept 15th. I'm not saying it was always a killing frost

I remember getting up super early so you could hike out into the bush to to pull the tarp off your plants before the sun came out. Trying to extend the growing season until the 3rd week of Sept. I pulled a small outdoor crop on Oct 23rd this year.

I always wondered about growing straight in the ground. I agree it should produce trees with less work.

My question is how do you rotate your soil. I have been a guerrilla grower for over twenty years. If you grow outdoors, even in a green house I would imagine, you going to get some diseases. Leaf spot, mold etc.

How do you keep that from coming back the following year. I just pick a new spot but with a greenhouse how do you handle it if you are growing straight in the soil vs container?

Growing in the ground is dope! Try it out...the roots grow unrestricted, and as deep as they can/want, therefore they grow insanely fast, and yield more than running in a container. You turn the soil when you replant. Add all your amendments in and good to go. I just did the hole and kind of dump it back on itself and try to break up any clumps. Occasionally add earthworms in my mix. I add dry amendments periodically through the whole cycle.

This is from this summer. I really like planting straight in the ground. The hoops are 50x20. I feel like I can grow bigger plants, faster, and use all the space, ALL OF IT. They drink less water because the roots are constantly growing, and never run out of space. You cant really tell but these trees are 5-7 ft tall. These are all purple punches and some friends, and they got a lot of friends...lol Only thing you have to look out for is rodents, like gophers...they will literally dug up underneath the greenhouse, eat the roots, and sometimes will even pull the plant down the hole with them....i swear ive thought i got robbed before. like where the fuck did my plants go??? Im pretty sure they were here?! Seriously...they barely leave a trace.

Hoypare.

This is from this summer. I really like planting straight in the ground. The hoops are 50x20. I feel like I can grow bigger plants, faster, and use all the space, ALL OF IT. They drink less water because the roots are constantly growing, and never run out of space. You cant really tell but these trees are 5-7 ft tall. These are all purple punches and some friends, and they got a lot of friends...lol Only thing you have to look out for is rodents, like gophers...they will literally dug up underneath the greenhouse, eat the roots, and sometimes will even pull the plant down the hole with them....i swear ive thought i got robbed before. like where the fuck did my plants go??? Im pretty sure they were here?! Seriously...they barely leave a trace.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84995&pictureid=2099720&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84995&pictureid=2099721&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Those polytunnels look superb :good::tiphat:

SelectaZooly

Yea yea mang, I'm at 61N so I know that feeling :D
Been rocking the earlier Esben/HFH strains for years with varying success. A rainy summer coupled with a rainy fall and early winter and everything is ruined. But sometimes it's worth the trouble.

Really can't do much about the humidity if it goes thru the roof.

Try the 'Wild' strains if you can get a hold of em. (HFH)
Also you can get nice head start if you veg your little ones for a week or two indoors, then take em out (or to your greenhouse) when weather permits.

View Image

Haha, it was always worth the trouble when you harvested a few pounds of homegrown ganja!

61N, sounds like less cops, more mold ?

Nice looking plant though!

SelectaZooly

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84995&pictureid=2099720&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84995&pictureid=2099721&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Wow, that’s serious man!
You need a big family to smoke all that weed. ?

Latest posts

Latest posts