What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

small portable greenhouse recommendations?

AbuKeif

Hey folks—

I’m seeking recommendations on the best small portable greenhouses out there. I’ve owned a Flowerhouse brand Springhouse for two seasons, and am thinking about expanding to two units this spring. While I’m really happy with the Springhouse for the most part, and it’s held up quite well, the price tag ($200+) seems pretty hefty for a second new one (I got the first one for a song on eBay, lucky me). I’ve seen similar-looking structures by companies like Outsunny and Quictent for less money, but don't want to throw away cash on something that's flimsy or will fall apart after one season outside in the sun. Does anyone have experience or recommendations they might share? The Springhouse’s 6’x6’x6.5’ size is about right for my needs at the moment, but I’d consider going a little bigger. Bonus points if, like the Springhouse, there’s an option to purchase a light-deprivation cover that’s custom-fit to the greenhouse structure!

I should add that while I would love to invest in an actual permanent greenhouse, it unfortunately just isn’t realistic or advisable in my current situation. I'm saving up for a longer-term solution once I relocate onto more land as part of the glorious five-year plan...

Thanks in advance!

CrushnYuba

You could build something pretty cheap diy that's pretty strong. You could get a diy low tunnel jig and make 6' wide hoops out of 3/4" steel conduit. Build a wooden box with legs to attach it to.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Once you attain your 5 year goal. Get a permanent greenhouse larger than you think you need. I did a farmtek 12w x 8h x 20l. I raised it up 18" on railroad ties spiked together. 14'w x 30' l would have been ideal. More space to walk around during flowering when trying to water. I highly recommend farmtek greenhouses. Mine has withstood 70+ mph winds multiple times.
I hope you have a great season with your current setup.
Peace

coyotefox

I have been using the 10x25 hoophouses off Amazon that cost $200 ish..... pretty good structured if u add a floor... baseboard and wiggle channel.

Attachments

• 20200416_093115.jpg
    20200416_093115.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 65