What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeding for the best stimulating effect

Cvh

Supermod
Keep it clean and be respectful to eachother here guys. The thread subject is 'Breeding for the best stimulating effect'.

All off-topic posts will be removed. Any insults or trolling will result in warnings and repeated offences will get administrative sanctions.

Carraxe

Veteran
This is not from ACE. Does show what a killer Malawi hybrid can look like. These are some of the best Sativa Hybrids I've found in years. These seeds are at least 10 years old. I have the last 3 seeds soaking now. Last pic is pollinated

Malawi Gold x Grinspoon.

That looks real good. How much time has it been flowering? How are smells on that? I just discarded the cross between Malawi and Titan's Haze because of the lack of flavor.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There all on 60 days

I've had those seeds for a long time. They were not in a breeder pack just in a tiny vile with a tag attached. . I've been growing mostly Sativa or Haze for the last 3 years. I got tired of the same chemotypes. Today people think the quality we talk about from 1970 was just nostalgic which is so not true.. Those old lines were unpolluted. Finding really good plants happened more often back then. We don't find this kind of quality very often anymore. It's all been polluted with other people's attempts to make something good.

The Malawi x Grinspoon has a sharp floral scent.. The flavor is terpene rich. I can't say what the flavor is. This is one of the other siblings. The pheno I pollinated I didn't have her backed up so I'm trying to root some cuts of that one. I will try to reveg as well. She is 100% fully seeded, I've never tried to reveg a seeded plant.
DSCN0345.JPG

Carraxe

Veteran
There all on 60 days

I've had those seeds for a long time. They were not in a breeder pack just in a tiny vile with a tag attached. . I've been growing mostly Sativa or Haze for the last 3 years. I got tired of the same chemotypes. Today people think the quality we talk about from 1970 was just nostalgic which is so not true.. Those old lines were unpolluted. Finding really good plants happened more often back then. We don't find this kind of quality very often anymore. It's all been polluted with other people's attempts to make something good.

The Malawi x Grinspoon has a sharp floral scent.. The flavor is terpene rich. I can't say what the flavor is. This is one of the other siblings. The pheno I pollinated I didn't have her backed up so I'm trying to root some cuts of that one. I will try to reveg as well. She is 100% fully seeded, I've never tried to reveg a seeded plant.

Nice plant.
Sometimes the smells and flavors are difficult to define, but there are some guides out there. I find the smoking experience very dependent on the flavor and smell.

What cross did you make with the Malawi x Greenspoon?
Do you want to swap seeds?

Have a nice day

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi
All of these plants, but one, come from the feminised Thai Angola x Jack Herer seeds I made. The test grow proved they are productive and the dried buds smell like citric and solvent. I've just put all them in the flowering tent, but I believe they'll grow too much this time, they are about 25 cm tall and show quite a good branching, they are around 7 knots tall.

I plan to harvest in 10 weeks. And I love the idea of starting the summer with a big bag of this shit.

IMGP0027.JPG

IMGP0030.JPG

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
This is the picture of the same tent, exactly one month later. The Thai Angola Jack Herer did't grow as much as expected, maybe because of the cold in the first days of flowering. But they nicely filled the space.

IMGP0041.JPG

Also, the pollination I performed in several plants with the pollen of four different Thai Angola Mextiza males appears to be working. These plants are a Black Domina, a Jack Herer and the selected specimen of TAM for F2. I'll take some pictures.

Sweet smokes

exoticrobotic

This is the picture of the same tent, exactly one month later. The Thai Angola Jack Herer did't grow as much as expected, maybe because of the cold in the first days of flowering. But they nicely filled the space.

View attachment 18983222

Also, the pollination I performed in several plants with the pollen of four different Thai Angola Mextiza males appears to be working. These plants are a Black Domina, a Jack Herer and the selected specimen of TAM for F2. I'll take some pictures.

Sweet smokes

Wow, you've really maxxed it out in there

Love the sound of the TAM and JH/TAM