What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

German Shepard Puppy

MintyMick

German Shepherds are great dogs. Protective, smart and good with people. Mine is six months old. Excellent choice there, Sam.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Very nice. I trained AKC obedience for 12 years. Shepherds are nice breed. I see you got the model with the extra large ears. LMAO Just love puppies.

med4u

Veteran
A beaut for sure ace...my ol fellers getting on.. but I wouldn't trade him for the world...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/search.php?searchid=16798535

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 39

med4u

Veteran
tank on the lake

Attachments

• tank on the lake.jpg
    tank on the lake.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

blastfrompast

Veteran
Nice looking pup,

We decided to get away from GSD's the last 2 dogs ..

Too many genetic issues...

Degenerative malapathy being the worst....doggy MS kinda ..but the bad MS...

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Kimo

Kimo

I've owned many different breeds of dog over my life time, from Pound Rescue's to fancy hyped up expensive papered pure breeds, and a GS is one of them. When I was much younger, I set out to find the ultimate German Shepard dog, and stumbled upon Kimo. I paid $300.00 dollars for him, a princely sum for a hound back in those days.

He was the runt of the litter and cute as a bug. When I first saw him, you could just barely stuff him into your shirt pocket. He was still fairly small even when the breeder allowed me to take him home. Both of his parents having documented world championship bloodlines going back to Germany, AKC pure bred papers, blah, blah, blah.

I always have a very special relationship with all of my dogs, and Kimo was no different. I took him everywhere with me. Even when I went away for all those years to college, whenever I returned to the house, there was pandemonium the instant Kimo spotted me. My Mother would always complain that he would only sit next to and only listen to me when I was around.

Moreover, he reluctantly accepted that I, as his Master was the Alpha pack leader, and would test me every single day when we were together to make sure I had not maybe changed my mind.

The runt grew into a 150 pound/68 kg. alpha male minded monster. He was a wonderful dog, and posting his pics on here is making me tear up a little bit thinking of him. I still have his ashes next to my desk, along with the ashes from all my other dogs that have passed.

He lived to the ripe old age of 13, when unable to walk anymore from hip dysplasia and half blind, I reluctantly had to put him down @ the Vets while holding him down muzzled so he wouldn't bite him. Kimo was a fear biter par excellence. His last gasp of breath still haunts me to this day.

For the record, vis-a-vis overall doggie intelligence ranking, Germies are #3, Poodle's are #2, and Border Collies are #1.

I've owned several different Poodle's, and they can run circles around a Germie when it comes down to intelligence and personality.

When it comes to dogs, I'm a big marshmallow. I'm still trying to come to terms with the my last dog that died over two years ago.

I miss you Kimo, and all those long walks we took together so many time's...... :cry:..... sparking up a bowl of Strawberry Jerry in your memory pal.....:smoker:

RMS

:smoweed:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful pup, great breed, give him a hug from us in NE London,, s2

Montuno

...como el Son...
. (...) When I was much younger, I set out to find the ultimate German Shepard dog, and stumbled upon Kimo. I paid $300.00 dollars for him, a princely sum for a hound back in those days.

He was the runt of the litter and cute as a bug. When I first saw him, you could just barely stuff him into your shirt pocket. He was still fairly small even when the breeder allowed me to take him home. Both of his parents having documented world championship bloodlines going back to Germany, AKC pure bred papers, blah, blah, blah.

$300,000 for a puppy?! It won't be a mistake?