What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guide for Insects and Pest Prevention

purpleplayer007

Im determined to not let caterpillars mess my lil crop this year. Last summer wasnt as bad but 2020 was the worst. Im going try to be proactive with them this year. Any suggestions feel free.
Organic if possible , synthetic is fine if its not harmful. I dont wanna spray anything after they start flowering . Those dirty worms caught me off guard in 2020. Every decent cola had em and most got bud rot.

mikeandnaomi

Im determined to not let caterpillars mess my lil crop this year. Last summer wasnt as bad but 2020 was the worst. Im going try to be proactive with them this year. Any suggestions feel free.
Organic if possible , synthetic is fine if its not harmful. I dont wanna spray anything after they start flowering . Those dirty worms caught me off guard in 2020. Every decent cola had em and most got bud rot.
Always and only organic. Use some TAKE DOWN from Monterey between NEEM oil applications and you will create an organic barrier that keep most airbornes from laying eggs, The Take Down will control the investation. If you can actually see the caterpillars ALSO use Montery B.T. You may wanna invest a little time into pulling as many off with your twizzers or fingers - too.

mountainoutlaw

Perpetrator No. 1:Eating my leaves. Just a couple on everyother plant.
I'm just maintaining with soap/iso alcohol since flowers are forming. Any suggestions,
IMG_20230803_173608436.jpg

IMG_20230803_174316992.jpg

Perpetrator No. 2 : Caught three of these egg nest. 2 yest day 1 today. I don't know what they are but I don't like em. So basically usually middle of fan leaf, the blade will be curled in...upon inspection, there's a brown flying fucker lodged in there and shot some type of ...webbing like a cocoon.....and lays a big sack of eggs...I was lucky to find em bc there was hundreds of little eggs....got one on film...WHAT IS THIS?
IMG_20230803_171159960.jpg

Got a really top quality Finnish coming in so I'm out there picking and looking every couple days.
I fear the pleasant aroma of my skunk buds are attracting them. Which is a good problem to have my friends.
IMG_20230803_165327082_HDR.jpg

mike-or-ozzy

IDK but I would remove that leaf and the one beside it that has webs before spraying anything until you .identify what they are. Good luck