What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

preventing early spring flowering with clones

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Hi Huey,

As the others have said, she is revegging, but you do not have to accept this....

I would make a light frame up [if you can....] and shade her at night, removing the shade at 8 or 9 am....depending on your sunset.... i.e. give her 12/12 by shading her from the unwanted extra hours light at dawn. I put my outdoor plants out a couple of weeks too late this year and some varieties are revegging slightly, so are now back inside for the last 2 weeks to finish properly.

H

Huey69

Climbinghigh: That does sound delicious...haha. What I could always do is make QWISO and always add that to butter if I'd like to. I think that's probably what I'll do (make qwiso), but we'll see once I actually cut them off.

ChaosCatalunya: Actually...I wanted them to re-veg. I know yield may be affected, but thats alright.

jamrock

My ICE plant in early May
Ice-3.jpg

Early May again
May20083.jpg

Ice Reveg
ICEMay162008-2.jpg

Ice Reveg yesterday

ICEMay162008-6.jpg

Ice reveg
ICEMay162008.jpg

What should I expect from this plant? Do revegged plants get that much biger or fuller?

Less buds or lots of buds?

Jamrock

Last edited:

I.O.G

helo all im just goin to be brief here

i have the same problem when i put my clones seedling out sometimes they go straight into budding and take up to a month to reveg and get back to normal

so i was at my local garden supa store and saw these light that run on sola power and automaticly switch on when the sunlight is gone

they have 12 leds in each of then 1 sola panel to 2 of these light i had 4 for each plot and none of my plants went into budding or turned to hermies

the light last up to 8 hours of battery life and are still runnnig today i think the battery has a recharge span of 5000 hours
they are completley water proof

so far i have had succes with these ill have to get some pics

I.O.G

Butte

Veteran
I've had many clone-only strains outside since the first week of April with no triggering thanks to some supplemental light. Check out my thread for last year to see some pic's...

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Ok im up by the great lakes, so if i put clones out that have been rooting (in cups indoors for 1 week under 24/0), would they start to flower or am i safe now...? I also have a few 12in girls in 2gal pots (also have been under 24/0) will these be ok too..? thx

trybud

i'd kick them down to 20 on 4 off for 4 days or so then go to 18/6 for 4 days then put them out w/ no supplemental light...BUT im on the west coast and environment could be factor. this is what i did and my outdoor is barely showing any preflower (especially the Green Crack...i think because its such a speedy flowering strain anyways)...

H

Huey69

My plants are so confused! Haha. They're revegging but still putting out buds...

How do I know when you cut off the buds also? I'm thinking it's almost time for atleast one of my Lavenders as it's pretty much fully re-vegged (new growth from the main stem).

Hi to everyone. This year I expirienced this problem for the first time...
Started plants early indoors, took 'em out in mid spring, took clones. And all of a sudden the moms started frosting and building buds. Next thing, the cloones (already rooted) started popping single leafs and curled leafs, a few weeks later, the moms started doing the same... I was in panic...
Well after posting a thread here, I got a few answers that calmed me down. Actually now all my plants have started to veg once more... But this proved to waste time, time they could've spend growing...

So I was thinking... Lets say I have a mom under 18 hours of light... When I take clones, can I put them under 12-14h light? Will this trigger flowering for them? My expirience shows that clones manage get roots for about 2 weeks. Would those 2 weeks be enough for them to adapt to the new light regime, and not trigger flowering after they get roots? I think 14 hours would be best, so I could match the day length in late april/early may.

T

thcbear

ive been battling this for two years and i think the trick is to mimic the seasonal photperiod. once they begin to flower, we have to chop them back and hit them with a high ntrogen foliar spray. this process of going backwards can take 4 to 6 weeks to correct.

T

thcbear

my experience has showed that foliar feeding daily with a high n fert works. be diligent. also i cut off any small buds and curly little new growth leaves that appear. these both seem to be effective at stopping the spring plant flowering gig. the key is patience... it can take up to a month to revert stubborn plants.

Fast_Pine

thcbear said:
my experience has showed that foliar feeding daily with a high n fert works. be diligent. also i cut off any small buds and curly little new growth leaves that appear. these both seem to be effective at stopping the spring plant flowering gig. the key is patience... it can take up to a month to revert stubborn plants.
The idea is to keep em from blooming in the first place....The key isn't patience...Its knowledge...Its super stubborn to carelessly waste a month of veg....15/9 brotha, 15/9 from seed with yer mother plants.

erky

so are u sayin 15 hours daylight 9 hours night will keep my babies in veg even though my rooted cutting were rooted under 18 hours of light.

Last edited:

Fast_Pine

If yer cutting is on 18/6 it will need to be placed outdoors, or in a 15/9 room. You will need to grow it out for a month or two, genetics will tell if it is gonna start blooming. If it does you need to leave it under the 15/9 schedule till it reverts to a vegetative state( takes a month)... If the genetics are more sativa dominant they shouldnt trigger under 15...

Once you have the clone on 15/9 keep it there, or you will have to go back through this process.(always have one set aside for future runs)..

N

North

Man,I'm late to the party!

Ive got to sleep on this one, been up 2 hours past bedime reading this and checking threads.

back to this thread in the morning.

browndirt

"No time for the old in-out love, just checking the meter."

stevr59 said:
well every plant i put out side 2 clones and one seed plant have all started flowering on me only was i see it is to run the light at what every the out door light cycles is in my case its 13 1/2 hours now i have a mex bag seeds plant i been growing in coco out side since i sprouted it and its not flowing and put out 2 ak47 x bb from seeds thats was growing under 15/8 85 watts flos and there not flowing either seems the only one flowering are the ones i had under 18/6 of light now my question will they keep flowing in till there done or will they reveg?

browndirt

thcbear said:

I wouldn't foliar feed with N

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Good thread, been tryna figure this out for a minute now... 15-9 sounds good but Im not tryna do this to everything in veg, so maybe throw the ones Im finna put outside into the flowerroom 3 hours after the lights go out everyday, so they get 15/9 and the rest of the veg chamber can stay on 24.

Latest posts

Latest posts