What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 Acre / 1000 plant grow

Reaper

Respect Reaper.....Been a while since viewing your big ass eastern euro escapades , and with your return from the dead I`d expect nothing less.....

What`s it been ?....`05 since you faded away ?.....regardless....Proud ta see you`re back in the swing of things and blowin shit up.....now....

1000 plants on 5' centers is a lil over 1/2 acre total coverage but it looks like there`s not much walking room around em , so here`s hoping for a heavy harvest bro....

Back in the day while we were runnin krusty buckets , you and soquick were runnin everything else with increased numbers and killin it , and plant numbers dictate yield so good luck on this one.....

How tall are those plants...3-5 '.... ?....anyways...

Peace.....DHF....DedHedFred.....:ying:

Hi Fred, wow, its been a long time. Great to see you're still kicking around. Yes, last plant I pulled was summer of 2004. These plants here are the first I have grown since then.

Ahh the Krusty/Freedom bucket days were the best. I'm still in contact with Krusty on Facebook. He's doing pretty good.
Yep, the plants are averaging about 4.5ft

^^^They look like they're talking quietly amongst themselves. Likely plotting. I'd keep an eye on them. If the milk one day has a green hue to the bubbles in the foam at the edge of the milking bucket, and there's plants missing, you'll know who to question. :biggrin:

LoL I already caught a few of them in my field. They didn't do much damage, munched on a few plants and pushed some others over. Didn't damage anything really. Still, since then I put up the electric fence. Now they just gather at the fence line and stare. A perfect case of the grass being greener on the other side of the fence :D

thanks for sharing reaper, very impressive!
what is your watering schedule like for the field and your source of water? have you had to adjust the water in any ways?

I don't have one. There is no drip line irigation as such. I made due with a few large sprinkler heads that I moved around a bit. We get plenty of rain here, so you can get by without irigation, but it sure helps. Next year I will run drip tape.

Is that an electric fence around the plants?

Yes it is. It's just to keep the cows out though.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
makes you guy fierri and reaper max wade.

dont break the rules anymore dhf. :biggrin: got a scope on you right now.

[youtubeif]r1sBVq1S-LA[/youtubeif]

da4ef09cf468df0bc6a0f5707e76359b--barney-fife-funny-things.jpg

Ummmmm, okaaaay we have barney fife in here on the whole law and order trip. I feel safer already
Not much gets by him lol

DunHav`nFun

Hey Reap.....What`s a lb. go for in your end of the world....enquiring minds wanna know....:biggrin:.....also....

Is that metal bldg. up the hill in your pics gonna be your trimming/drying facility ?....makes sense.....Will you be using wet or dry trimming machines for all that product....and....

Are you set up to process all the trim and lowers into hash and concentrates ?.....anyways.....Keep us updated bro , would love ta see finished product and all aspects of the take down if possible....Thanks again and.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Reaper

There are dry trimming machines???
Oh please tell me more. I've been out of the loop for a long time.

Yes reaper, dry trimmers are a whole new ball game. Really amazing finished product. Two workers and one machine can easily do 10lbs a day. With your operation I would recommend 5 people bucking all the nugs off into totes for a couple weeks, then buying 5 machines and have two people man the machines. You could easily do 50-75lbs a day with 5 machines if everything is bucked off the stem.

I'd recommend the trimpal or the green bro trimmer. About 5k usd each.

I second all of DHfs questions, would love to know.

Reaper

Hey Reap.....What`s a lb. go for in your end of the world....enquiring minds wanna know....:biggrin:.....also....

Is that metal bldg. up the hill in your pics gonna be your trimming/drying facility ?....makes sense.....Will you be using wet or dry trimming machines for all that product....and....

Are you set up to process all the trim and lowers into hash and concentrates ?.....anyways.....Keep us updated bro , would love ta see finished product and all aspects of the take down if possible....Thanks again and.....

Not quite sure on what this will all sell for. I think the market is all over the place. I will probably sit on it until after new year as that's when prices usually pick up, if memory serves.

No its not that building. We have a much larger barn to trim and dry in.
I was using wet machines, but now that I just found out about dry machines, Im rethinking my whole trim operation.

No, no hash. I will probably be tossing all the lowers/popcorn

Doctor.Dank
Thanks for the those names, I'm looking into them now

DunHav`nFun

Reaper Bro....The new units are pricy , but it pays for itself in 1 season from what I`ve seen from several friends at other places on the left coast....

Thetriminator.com doesn`t need lube or so I`m told and does a hell of a job on finished product without gumming up .....now....Don`t throw the trim and shit away on the lowers , buy the extraction equipment once and it`s done and paid for....First off , free dry sift from the trim/tumbling process , plus Dabs and rosin is all the rage with the kiddies these days , and as we say down here where I`m from use everything from the rooter to the tooter....IOW...don`t throw away cash my buddy.....anyways.....

Just food for thought.....I used ta run DIY tumblers after all nugs were dried and off stem to remove the closest sugar leaves while getting all the dry sift possible before being weighed and bagged.....oops....

Did I say that out loud...just lost a trade secret....lol......regardless....all about the dead presidents....get all you can bro...process all that shit ....use the mulch for compost and build that field into a water only organic production machine in the yrs to come....

G

Gr33nSanta

Reaper Bro....The new units are pricy , but it pays for itself in 1 season from what I`ve seen from several friends at other places on the left coast....

Thetriminator.com doesn`t need lube and does a hell of a job on finished product without gumming up .....now....Don`t throw the trim and shit away on the lowers , buy the extraction equipment once and it`s done and paid for....First off , free dry sift from the trim/tumbling process , plus Dabs and rosin is all the rage with the kiddies these days , and as we say down here where I`m from use everything from the rooter to the tooter....IOW...don`t throw away cash my buddy.....anyways.....

Just food for thought.....I used ta run DIY tumblers after all nugs were dried and off stem to remove the closest sugar leaves while getting all the dry sift possible before being weighed and bagged.....oops....

Did I say that out loud...just lost a trade secret....lol......regardless....all about the dead presidents....get all you can bro...process all that shit ....use the mulch for compost and build that field into a water only organic production machine in the yrs to come....

is that what you call a trade secret haha. I like that people bounce their weed, in an ocean of average weed, the good stuff shines.

I keep my flowers as potent as I can, Id never sift before jarring!

I figured out what to do with my outdoor from now on, fresh frozen! no trimming, all the goodies!

I did not have enough room to dry my outdoor indoor (only had 3 plants but still) so I froze a bunch and made my first batch of fresh frozen in a while.

In the past it would always come out green, but I finally was able to put together all the bits of info Ive learned over the years, and even without a freeze drier, I made such high quality I wish I had frozen the whole crop.

Fresh frozen for the win!

Numbers are not impressive yet but I am happy with that from outdoor. Here it is, freshly pressed to rosin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsz8lygPt7U&feature=youtu.be

I think I had roughly 500 grams of fresh flowers, ended up with 6 grams of this end product, this is the 73 micron, I still have not pressed the 25 micron but it looks nothing like this. That shit is fire! high CBD, high THC, some of the best water extraction Ive made for sure.

Last edited:

DunHav`nFun

is that what you call a trade secret haha. I like that people bounce their weed, in an ocean of average weed, the good stuff shines.

I keep my flowers as potent as I can, Id never sift before jarring!

I figured out what to do with my outdoor from now on, fresh frozen! no trimming, all the goodies!

I did not have enough room to dry my outdoor indoor (only had 3 plants but still) so I froze a bunch and made my first batch of fresh frozen in a while.

In the past it would always come out green, but I finally was able to put all the bits of info Ive learned over the years, and even without a freeze drier, I made such high quality I wish I had frozen the whole crop.

Fresh frozen for the win!

I ll post pics of the rosin I make out of it in a bit...
Was a joke hence the lol GS.....but not really since I`ve been retired for several yrs , and not being in medville with no competition allowed me to give excellent product for the region and still have free dry sift....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

Reaper

HI guys,

Well some good news and some not so good.

First the good, the harvest is absolutely massive! The plants are just crammed full of colas that are fat as my arm and go on forever. Not to mention dense as hell. I've never seen anything like it. Nothing I grew indoor even comes close. Its insane.
I have no idea on the yeild, but anyone have an idea on what a 5ft tall, 5ft wide plant that is packed full of dense bud can yield?

Now the not so good. The harvest is going sooo slow. We've been at it for days and have hardly made a dent. We're averaging about 3 plants an hour, full trimmed. Or about 36 plants a day. At this rate we'll be here another month. Now, I've been very lucky with the weather. October has been hot and dry. But I can't count on that to last and as they say; when it rains, it pours! So I have a dilemma on my hands. Do I keep plugging along for the next month, hoping against hope that the mold demons keep away or do I just pull the crop and hang it to dry, leaves and all`?

I kind of have an idea as to what the answer is, but I still need some convincing that dealing with the dry trim method is not such the nightmare I remember it to be. Has technology really solved this problem and work as advertised?

thx for your imput

M

moose eater

Congratulations!!!

I'd guess that 3 to 5 lbs per plant of that size is a (completely wild-assed) guess.

Your plight reminds me of a salmon harvest or two, and our recent carrot harvest; sometimes you wish the buggers would simply stop coming!! Then you remember what it's all for... ;^>)

Never dealt with a massive harvest of the sort you have. But my 'religion' where trimming comes to bear, is that dry trimming has always been a major nightmare.

I have no idea as to the effectiveness of the new motorized dry-trimmers referenced earlier. I don't use automated trimmers at all.

My advice would be to continue working hard, as you are, employing the method most familiar and comfortable for you, until a reliable weather source announces that bad news is on the way, -but(!!!), then, if necessary, have it lined out to get access to the dry trimmers -immediately- if possible.

I've had a bias from the beginning where motorized trimmers are concerned, assuming they cause damage to product.. Like I said, 'bias,' as in prejudice.

But the most I've had to trim at once by hand was 5 lbs., and you may have nearly 600-800 times that amount.

On the bright side, with larger colas, the trimming becomes much easier, too, as I'm fairly certain you're already aware. ;^>)

And, as a balancing admission, as a hitch-hiker, decades ago, I was often prone to traveling the -same- highways, rather than taking newer ones, simply out of a 'sense of security of the familiar,' and probably cheated myself as much as I protected myself. In other words, sometimes habits or familiarity keep you safe, and sometimes they limit you from greater achievements, too.

Still chuckling a bit at your 'burden,' but without any intended disrespect. We should all wake up to a similar windfall, and ask, "What the hell am I going to do about -this-??!! ;^>)

Hoypare.

HI guys,

First the good, the harvest is absolutely massive! The plants are just crammed full of colas that are fat as my arm and go on forever. Not to mention dense as hell. I've never seen anything like it. Nothing I grew indoor even comes close. Its insane.
I have no idea on the yeild, but anyone have an idea on what a 5ft tall, 5ft wide plant that is packed full of dense bud can yield?

Now the not so good. The harvest is going sooo slow. We've been at it for days and have hardly made a dent. We're averaging about 3 plants an hour, full trimmed. Or about 36 plants a day. At this rate we'll be here another month. Now, I've been very lucky with the weather. October has been hot and dry. But I can't count on that to last and as they say; when it rains, it pours! So I have a dilemma on my hands. Do I keep plugging along for the next month, hoping against hope that the mold demons keep away
Yes,you will be there for a month,we have been trimming solid for 5 weeks so far,5 days a week,if you have the option pull and hang to dry indoors,we don't have that option and have been working with an 8 man crew,good luck with the rest of the harvest :tiphat:

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
HI guys,

Now the not so good. The harvest is going sooo slow. We've been at it for days and have hardly made a dent. We're averaging about 3 plants an hour, full trimmed. Or about 36 plants a day. At this rate we'll be here another month. Now, I've been very lucky with the weather. October has been hot and dry. But I can't count on that to last and as they say; when it rains, it pours! So I have a dilemma on my hands. Do I keep plugging along for the next month, hoping against hope that the mold demons keep away or do I just pull the crop and hang it to dry, leaves and all`?

I kind of have an idea as to what the answer is, but I still need some convincing that dealing with the dry trim method is not such the nightmare I remember it to be. Has technology really solved this problem and work as advertised?

thx for your imput

Hey Reaper! Beautiful grow my friend, I wish I could run an operation as large as yours, well as "controlled" as your's is anyway.

Now 3 to 5 lbs? That is a little much Moose. I'd guess you will probably yield more like a lb or 2 at the most on those plants. It takes a hell of plant to make a pound. The plants that yield 5 lbs are as wide as the length of a vehicle and stand around 7 to 12 foot tall.

Now, here is what I would do if I were you Reaper.

I personally have more than I can deal with alone this year as well. I bit the bullet and bought me a trim pal, well not that brand, but if you need a link to the one I got then I will send it your way. All you have to do with one is remove the largest fan leaves first, then cut the buds off the stalk and put them in the trimmer. A few cranks and its all done and the buds imo look just as good as hand trimmed and everyone else agrees that have seen them. I gave $200.00 for it, with tax. It actually just saved me tons of time as we speak. A few mins ago I trimmed enough bud that normally would have taken me 6 to 7 hours, in 2 hours time. Now don't just buy any brand of bowl trimmer, I would specifically go with the one I bought and it has extremely good reviews.

Now for the mold issue, I would worry only about botrytis (budrot). With a grow that large, skip the organic fungicides and treatments and order you some Flint fungicide. It is made by Bayer. You will mix 2.5 oz per one acre of crop. It will stop botrytis in its tracks and you will never see the first spot of rot or mold. It is approved for food crops and on most it states on the label that you can apply up until the date of harvest. Although personally I would apply my last treatment at least a week before harvest. Some states have even approved it for medical and recreational marijuana. It is a little pricey ($300.00 for a 20oz bottle) but with a grow the size of what you have, hell, what is $300.00 right? Also that one bottle will take you a long long way.

I hope everything works out for you man. I know harvest time is extremely stressful and it takes a hell of a lot of labor and consumes every bit of your time, but in the end, it is so worth it bro!

If you have any questions, let em roll...

:tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All I can say is WOW!
I only did a lil over 20 plants & I think I have work to do.

Very impressive!

Dry trimming is easiest, imo.
The new dry machines make little work out of the process as well. I've got a buddy that uses one for his yearly crops & most of the buds turn out looking as good as hand trimmed. However, some of the buds will need a bit of cleaning afterword. It's mostly variety dependent from what I've seen. Long petiols that hug the buds when drying seem to not get trimmed as well as stems that poke out just slightly.

Reaper

;)

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpg
    IMG_1171.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 21