What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

militia420

I've used horsetail before and it didn't do shit. The only thing I've found that actually seemed to combat fungi is Greencure. Immunox works better but it's nasty shit and I don't want to use it.

But horsetail didn't do DICK. I'm not one to write an old-school, organic method off as wu-wu new-age chakra bullshit, but horsetail seems to me like straight up wu-wu new-age chakra bullshit.

I just did a little research and it seems the only real thing horsetail has going for it is that it's got a lot of silica in it, which helps plants prepare to fight off fungi. Silica's great -- but I've already got it in the form of insect frass.

I'm looking for something that will actively fight and win the war against mold, rot, and blight. That's why I want to try raw milk.

Perhaps you didn't prepare the horsetail spray properly? The researchers carried on pubmed don't seem to think it's all fee fee's and wu wu:

Equisetum arvense hydro-alcoholic extract: phenolic composition and antifungal and antimycotoxigenic effect against Aspergillus flavus and Fusarium verticillioides in stored maize.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23355286

Rough and tough. How does silicic acid protect horsetail from fungal infection?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29544807

When I posted earlier and stated I I could visually see my plants "perk" up and become greener too I wasn't exaggerating. So far as the mold protection goes I can report after harvest and give the details of when I sprayed as I'm logging all of that. The one indica that I have going is already showing that it will be dense enough for mold to be a definite problem. So I'll see how it goes.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent work Mountainbuds! You're on it this year! Plants are vigorous and healthy, nice job!

I'm starting to see some disease activity, but its not all that surprising considering the heat and high humidity. If in doubt prune it out. Works well until there's nothing left. I'll keep going with watering/feeding and pruning out diseased leaves, but if disease pressure gets too great I may start making applications of Serrinade biofungicide.

Worked in top dressing and watered yesterday! Pure sun and good growing this week. Was glad I waited though that last heat wave before working the soil. They probably would have been fine, but they definately are on the move. Have a chance of a little rain again tomorrow! Hope we get some more!

How about a few pics! Stop by the pipeline gardens thread to check out the rest and say hey! 30 days from male culling! I let them pollinate a week or so to get a couple seeds per bud. Spread the Love!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm gonna have to make a run to walmart and grab some soil....I've bought out the perlite and I think there's 1 lil bag of vermiculite I'll grab this morning. I've bought out the dolomite lime too. I'm gonna have to go to lowes or the smaller Walmart...I need another round of supplies. I've got a few more fems to put in containers. I dug a few holes day before yesterday....I might go plant a few more guerilla plants????? Maybe one more time lol then I'm finished planting this yr. Another round of fems to put in containers and that's that!!! Time to switch to maintainance for this old guy.

militia420

OK.
Recipe and usage anyone? I'll give it a go.

I've been using 1/4 cup boiled for 1 hour in a large pot, filter the plant out, then add that to a 1 gallon sprayer and top off the sprayer with distilled h20 so you have 1 full gallon. I read it's recommended every 2 weeks but I've read of other people on here using it every 3 days. Let us know how your results go, and definitely keep track of how much you use and when so we can compare notes. Also, let us know if you observe them perking up and looking greener after a spray. I've observed this in the plants that I spray first by the time I'm done spraying the last ones. My source for horsetail is currently Frontier Natural but I'm looking to grow my own.

DenverJim

I have sprayed it before with no ill effects. If you are using whole milk ( fat = oil ) it may do something I use 1 0r 2%. I usually find out the hard way. Sprayed some fancy essential oil shit on some a-13's a couple of years ago killed the fans in early Aug fucked up the yield.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I've been using 1/4 cup boiled for 1 hour in a large pot, filter the plant out, then add that to a 1 gallon sprayer and top off the sprayer with distilled h20 so you have 1 full gallon. I read it's recommended every 2 weeks but I've read of other people on here using it every 3 days. Let us know how your results go, and definitely keep track of how much you use and when so we can compare notes. Also, let us know if you observe them perking up and looking greener after a spray. I've observed this in the plants that I spray first by the time I'm done spraying the last ones. My source for horsetail is currently Frontier Natural but I'm looking to grow my own.

Great. Thank lot. I'll use it this week with before and after pictures.

Easy7

Veteran
Is that a stolen highway fence?

How often do they inspect or replace a highway fence? Deer get to our place thru a fence that's down here. Lot's of old growth coming down.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Hoypare, fuckin nice as always my man, you gonna have a lot of weight on your hands this year dude. What's the reason for such thick clothing? Is it cold? I know you wanna cover your identity up out there but that looks hot as hell to me haha but probably because where i am it has been 90 plus everyday with 100% humidity, I would literally die wearing that and I'm not even exaggerating lol...

And I hope to get an update of my plants and the way things have been going for me since my last one. Have been super busy and the choppers are flying harder this year than they have in years... For real, it has been very very ruff this year. I have some nice photos coming. Y'all take care! Be by soon with updates!! :tiphat:

'Boogieman'

Here are my first picks of the season,I did something different and topped my plants heavy this year with good results, im getting white hairs popping so stretch is coming soon. This year im growing Durban Poison and Bangi Haze but I don't know which plant is which.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-19-19-41-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-07-19-19-41-26.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2018-07-19-19-41-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-07-19-19-41-34.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2018-07-19-19-41-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-07-19-19-41-30.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2018-07-19-19-41-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-07-19-19-41-43.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2018-07-19-19-41-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-07-19-19-41-47.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 14

iTarzan

What's the reason for such thick clothing? Is it cold? I know you wanna cover your identity up out there but that looks hot as hell to me haha but probably because where i am it has been 90 plus everyday with 100% humidity, I would literally die wearing that and I'm not even exaggerating lol...

If he is in Australia there are way more snakes and spiders that can kill you or seriously harm you than in the USA.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hoypare, fuckin nice as always my man, you gonna have a lot of weight on your hands this year dude. What's the reason for such thick clothing? Is it cold? I know you wanna cover your identity up out there but that looks hot as hell to me haha but probably because where i am it has been 90 plus everyday with 100% humidity, I would literally die wearing that and I'm not even exaggerating lol...

And I hope to get an update of my plants and the way things have been going for me since my last one. Have been super busy and the choppers are flying harder this year than they have in years... For real, it has been very very ruff this year. I have some nice photos coming. Y'all take care! Be by soon with updates!! :tiphat:

Damn it's been rough ain't it man ??? This heat has about killed me. I'd say your about to work your ass off right ?? I've got a few plants to put in containers and 1-2 in the ground this morning and I'm finish planting !!!! Lol man I'm wore out I'm sure you got 20x more going on than me. Are you done planting yet? I'm ready for the maintainance work myself. :woohoo: