What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

-TheShortTexan-

People believe their beliefs and beliefs are usually not based on experience. Everyone is vulnverable to suffering so a lot of beliefs are fears and hopes.

I know cannabis can help a lot of suffering. It's not so wild, but it's wild enough.

I'm just one good pinch hit away from this making my head explode... :bashhead:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I am an ordained minister. I preach at a Texas church and volunteer weekly in a state prison where I also do faith based programs. I cannot stand to see anyone, especially pastors, make cannabis out to be evil. It breaks my heart. Too much of anything no matter how innocent can be abuse, but people often forget that overeating is taking something perfectly innocent and abusing it. It is the stigma that has been attached to weed for years that no one can seem to shake off. If you're the first person to say it's not bad, then you'll be the outsider. I know some people who can't live a normal life because ALL they care about and I mean LITERALLY all they care about is smoking weed. Yeah that's probably not good. But too much drinking or really too much of ANYTHING else is more harmful than herb in my opinion. If something controls your life, no matter how acceptable or unacceptable to society, then you need to stay away from it. I just hate that weed is one that people attack so often. When it has so so many proven good uses both medically and recreationally. I pray it changes. I really pray it changes.

"All things are lawful for me but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful for me but I will not be enslaved by anything." 1Cor 6:12

Sorry for the rant guys

Don't be sorry. We need to keep spreading the word, and with legalization, obviously the word is spreading about weed's inconsequential nature and substantial medical benefits.

Here's a bold prediction: Opiate deaths in Canada will plummet if not all but disappear.

iTarzan

Jobes makes slow release (6-8 weeks) organic fertilizer spikes. Some come in boxes of 50. They have quite a few different npk ratios. Some are bat guano based There are a couple for vegetable and flower crops that are 4-6-6. Like this one. This is an 8 pack.

https://jobescompany.com/product/jobes-organics-spikes-fruit-citrus-trees/

This is a pack of 50 spikes of 2-7-4 They are good for 6-8 weeks. Perfect for our use.

https://jobescompany.com/product/jobes-organics-fertilizer-spike-vegetables/

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Jobes makes slow release (6-8 weeks) organic fertilizer spikes. Some come in boxes of 50. They have quite a few different npk ratios. Some are bat guano based There are a couple for vegetable and flower crops that are 4-6-6. Like this one. This is an 8 pack.

https://jobescompany.com/product/jobes-organics-spikes-fruit-citrus-trees/

This is a pack of 50 spikes of 2-7-4 They are good for 6-8 weeks. Perfect for our use.

https://jobescompany.com/product/jobes-organics-fertilizer-spike-vegetables/
I forgot about these. Good solution.

militia420

I'm pretty old, but I've been blessed with good genes. Still, I'm going to start hitting the gym because it's kicking my ass this year.

There's a triad: eat right, exercise right, and sleep right. That combo right there will yield gains ;). The thing that comes into play more than any thing else in older age IMHO is the eating right. If you're doing guerilla grows and indoor grows there's a good bit of activity there. And as long as you have no insomnia issues you're good on sleep. But with age there are certain supplements that people should really be taking to offset the decrease in our own body's ability to create those things in our body through enzymatic action and conversions. For all of you guys I'd recommend reading up on these two supplements: Glucosamine Sulfate and Calcium d-glucarate. Both of those supplements help the liver phase 2 in the Sulfur detox pathway and the glucuronidation pathway (this latter one helps to break down excess estrogen in addition to a very large number of drugs). The former targets breakdown of a lot of drugs also. These are the two most used detox pathways. Even if you don't take things like tylenol, there's toxins in our food and this stuff will help your liver get it out which will reduce oxidative stress which causes aging.

And take super high doses of vitamin c through the day (liposomal vitamin c can be made dirt cheap at home).

We'll have a bunch of silverback guerilla growers if you all dial in on this and it won't be the shitty kind of old where every thing is rougher, you'll be mentally and physically better off than your peers who don't take the supplements, exercise (I don't think I'd tell your doctor you guerilla grow for exercise ;) ), and sleep right.

Good deal thanks for the info.. last night I wa researching and found some organic stuff from fox farm and then some guerilla stuff but the price for it is more then I’m willing to spend because I need too much of it.. I was thinking about trying maybe 1 bag of each out just for the heck of it. I’ll have to look into the jibes sticks tonight.. thanks!

militia420

Not sure. I use bait once when I put them in the ground then forget about it. There could be no slugs for all I know. But I'll know for sure this time because a new spot has them for sure. I saw them on my gear after I was done planting.

Any of you ever kill slugs and/or snails and turn them into plant food? I've done this more with snails than slugs but I figure there's proteins and nutrients in them and I'd just as soon they be dead than crawling around near or on my plants. The snails have the shells too which I figure adds some calcium to the mix. Just curious since I have an abundance of both around but handling the slugs is some nasty shit. I try to use sticks or leaves to handle them and put them under my mulch layer after crushing them.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I always just threw crushed egg shells at the base of my plants for slugs.

That works very well. I use it in the veggie garden. But growing in some of my spots requires that I try to keep grasses/weeds away from my plant so they can't use them as a bridge. lol. So I use these in areas I can't bring in a strimmer (because of noise).
picture.php

militia420

Tycoo

You mentioned seeding the best one. Would you mind saying some about how you select. I hope to cross my Bangi with the Oaxacan. Should It be BXO or OXB . The obvious answer is both I guess, but choosing a male what should be the parameters?:tiphat:
Dude you gotta throw up some pics of the Oaxacan one. I've been to the yucatan a few times and I'd love to see what the pheno looks like. Just my 2 cents on picking, pick the female that you like the most because imho the seeds seem to always be more dominant with the female traits than the male traits. I don't know why this is, but even with a very old c99 f3 or f4 seed that I got to grow, the seeds that I've been popping from crossing that with a male peak's c99 have all been leaning way heavily towards my female traits. As far as males go, some times they have trichromes on them, I go for those when I see em hoping it'll make things more frosty. But another thing you can do is eliminate the ones that suck. Slow growers, weak, diseased, what ever other traits you don't want. Axe em! Then you're left with easier choices.

militia420

Define guerrilla growing. I have thought of this other years and other threads but always good to discuss. It isn't just growing outside. Any type of growing where it is legal to do what you are doing is not guerrilla growing. True guerrilla growing is growing in an area where it is illegal to do. It is growing in a way that you will harvest a crop. It could be a total stealth and minimal visit grow or it could be a hidden but visit frequently grow. Either way you can't be found out or all is probably lost. Most growers do it on public lands or land not owned by them. Some growers grow illegally on their own land. They need to be the stealthiest of all.

I bring this up because it isn't fair to compare a 1 pound guerrilla plant (total success) to a 5-10 pound legal location back yard diva. If you are a guerrilla grower you can't really visit very much or it could be discovered. It is difficult but possible to get a OPOP this way. The more site prep you do or the more visits you make can pay off with bigger plants but can make discovery more likely. OPOP are more frequently achieved doing this.

Some people become very skilled at visiting their plants without leaving a trail. Some people become very skilled at preparing a site or choosing a site that doesn't require visits. Some people do both things very well.

Guerrilla growing a real nice looking bunch of pot plants and getting a smokable harvest is very hard to do. It is a really nice feeling of accomplishment. It is also an exciting adventure along the way. Everything is against you. The law wants to get you. The rippers want to steal your harvest. Mother Nature wants to test you.

If this sounds like what you do then you are a guerrilla grower.

I still remember my very first successful outdoor guerilla grow. You guys remember that adrenaline rush as you load up your ride with that harvest? How about that total permeating smell of fresh bud on the ride back? My car smelled of nothing but fruity C99. My heart was pounding as hard as I imagine a crack fiend's. Doing the speed limit every where on the ride home and trying to get the adrenaline to cool off.

I've had many harvests since then an never the adrenaline rush that I had from that first one. Wasn't that first guerilla harvest the baddest shit ever?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I still remember my very first successful outdoor guerilla grow. You guys remember that adrenaline rush as you load up your ride with that harvest? How about that total permeating smell of fresh bud on the ride back? My car smelled of nothing but fruity C99. My heart was pounding as hard as I imagine a crack fiend's. Doing the speed limit every where on the ride home and trying to get the adrenaline to cool off.

I've had many harvests since then an never the adrenaline rush that I had from that first one. Wasn't that first guerilla harvest the baddest shit ever?
lol.
That first rush for me was when I was 14 with a buddy. We stole a plant from his brother who was a grower with a local MC. We ran all the way home with that heavy fucker dragging it in puddles and mud all the way. When his brother found us he kicked our asses. Not because we stole it, but because we dirtied it all to hell. He made us wash it spic-and-span clean.

T

Teddybrae

My first grow was a great financial help to our peniless-at-the-time family. beginners luck. bought a nice car to fit us all then left the State! HA!

'Boogieman'

I never got that rush, most likely because I walked through cornfields to my back yard never even had to cross a road. I remember having a lot of weed and being paranoid as hell though.

militia420

Any good repellant ideas? Maybe I should get some pot marigolds going around the plot! :smoke:

Save piss in 1 gallon milk jugs to take with you. Bring some baby wipes in case you spill some on you. After 1 week of sitting that thing is going to be foul as shit so don't even try to whiff it out of curiosity, just open and sprinkle it all around the site. Recycle the jug after a few uses so you don't have one eventually split on you. It's so repugnant it's not funny but I'm sure the animals will notice the scent. You could also try buying bulk cheap black or hot peppers and spread it all around near the site. It might be enough to steer them clear. Then there's predator piss smell. And when all else fails...get you some conibear traps. Just make sure the shit is set up for instant kills because leg traps are cruel. If you ID the critters you can use camo'd home depot buckets with certain size holes so only the critters get in. DON'T set traps if dogs live in the area. Certainly get on youtube and look up some trapper videos. You don't even have to kill em. You could get have-a-heart traps and relocate them in your local constables back yard. ;)

militia420

I figure it has to be a bear because nothing else would mangle the fucking cages this way. Something was pissed and determined to fuck shit up! The tooth hole looked rather small though... maybe a cub?

Starting a fire is out of the question for me. Too many helicopters.

Think the bears will leave the third wave alone?

Also, what do you think of the dollar bill find? Think a transplant is warranted?

I think the fire idea is one of the best I've heard yet because there probably is something intrinsic in most animals, especially mammals, that would trigger flight mode. So since you can't burn there, maybe you could find some small wood to partially burn at home, seal up as well as you can, then tote out to your spot to scatter around. The stench of burnt wood will easily be picked up by wild animals. They'll smell it long after it's out and humans won't be able to smell it. You could even cover the partial burned sticks with leaves so no one sees them.

That bill fold is something that you could take and move a few feet away from where you found it. Make sure it's visible but partially hidden and make sure it's like it got lodged in the spot so you know it won't move unless some one messes with it.

The other option is setting up trail cams on it. I'd go this route if you got the dough. Paranoia is good but I remember looking back on my first few outdoor grows that I was so paranoid I could have caused myself grief by not being able to be cool and pretend I was bird watching with my binoculars I brought for that excuse.

militia420

I figure I lost 10k because I didn't do it right away :( Rookie mistake.

Better 10K than 20K, etc. I met some one recently who has done some big grows and I think that's where he did most of his learning from what he was saying. But that's also where it sounds like he learned some costly mistakes too. It's definitely worth doing some small runs first for any one planning to go bigger.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Better 10K than 20K, etc. I met some one recently who has done some big grows and I think that's where he did most of his learning from what he was saying. But that's also where it sounds like he learned some costly mistakes too. It's definitely worth doing some small runs first for any one planning to go bigger.

I found spots I thought were heaven sent, only to find it was shit to grow anything. It was like planting in the feeding pen at the zoo. Whole plants stripped bare, holes dug up big enough to fit your fist down 8 inches, plants chopped like a tree 1 inch from the ground, ....

Then I found spots I thought were garbage, but I was running out of room and had a couple dozen extra seedlings that needed to go out, so I ended up sticking them in. MOFO giants..... All.

Picking and prepping a spot is a skill. I'm ok at it, but still learning.

militia420

I’ve tried different things for bears getting our chickens. One thing recommended that sounded like it might help was to fill balloons with ammonia and tie them off and wipe bacon grease on them, and hang them by the coop.

I put up about 6-8 balloons around the coop, a few were broken, but not by a bear I don’t believe. Had a camera there to catch the moment just in case.

In the end it took a better fence along with an electrical fence four inches in front of the first fence.

Another thing to try might be dog hair. Might not be as good as a dog, but worth a try. None of my neighbors with dogs have a problem with bears. Mines been on borrowed time for a while, so not much of a threat.

As far as chicken wire goes, it comes in 3’ and 4’ height. I paint mine black where it’s an issue for stealth

OMG man! I thought it was bad enough worrying about coons and foxes getting into my folks coop but having to deal with bears takes it to another level! I'm sure they could even destroy the coup depending on how persistent they are.

My own suggestion for dealing with bears is to first make sure you identify that it is bears; once identified only work with suggested aversive stimuli, like the greased ammonia balloons you mention, or electric fences; and for certain stimuli like the balloons or sensor driven sprayers with pepper or cayenne in it, try rotating the stimuli. I'm pretty sure bears are smarter than any other mammal you'll deal with so they'll learn cause and effect faster and better than any other animal, and by changing the stimuli or triggers around you can force them to be in a position where they just get on edge around your coop and decide not to mess with it because "who knows what's going to cause my eyes to burn today or my paws to get shocked". There's no reason you couldn't attach extra lines to an electric fence with the lines being made of super thin striped mag wire that's harder to see, and wrap that shit around different things the bear might try to handle. Those are high voltage lines so you don't need thick or expensive wire. I think you can get 9000 feet of mag wire (like 29 gauge or 31 gauge) for barely $30. Just strip that insulation with a lighter (practice cuz the wire is so thin it'll melt) and wrap it around curious objects for the bear.

That electric fence is a great standard barrier and just add in some rotated stimuli and it should decide your chickens aren't worth it unless it's life and death starving.

militia420

Lost my single outdoor sprout today... no telling what ate it. Gonna start again indoors and see what happens

If you're in a bad situation for trying to get the thing to at least 2 feet before putting it out just get it as big as you safely can and put it out. They're easy enough to move around in solid black trash bags at that size. Make sure they always go in the trunk and can breath while you take them out to your spot. And pay attention to what others said about prepping holes first and adding organic ferts before the plant goes in so critters mess with the soil before the plant goes in. I'd never sprout outdoors unless it was on my property to monitor it daily and through the day. It's too much of a gamble because they're so small.

Latest posts

Latest posts