What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

Gizmo

hello, i would like to ask a few questions for the experienced guerilla growers please, i didn't prepare my soil yet, i need to test the ph of my soil to know if i must add some dolomite lime and i would like to add some organic fertilizer too, a 7-6-12+4Mgo, is it too late to do that ? i want to plant in 3 or 4 weeks

i have a second question, i read the greatness of mulching and i would like to know if its possible to mulch with dried bramble as my guerilla patch is a jungle of 3 meters brambles and i cut lots of them. thank you

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
i have a second question, i read the greatness of mulching and i would like to know if its possible to mulch with dried bramble as my guerilla patch is a jungle of 3 meters brambles and i cut lots of them. thank you

I have never been too concerned about soil pH outdoors in the ground.
Look at all the weeds, plants and trees growing around your grow spot.
If they all look like they're lush and doing well, you're good to go!

When you say "brambles", you're not talking about sticker bushes are you?
That would be pretty hard on your hands.
Otherwise, YES, if they are all dried out, try to break or chop (with a machete) them up into small (2 or 3 inch) pieces if you can..
It would make a suitable, but probably not the best, mulch.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I'll have to bring a rake next time. Some healthy starts there star crash! Looking forward to watching those. They'll take off whenever they hit the ground. Hope you are able to get them out soon. Have some 90's in the forecast. Gonna have to water this weekend. Its a challenge. I hope they look better soon. Hauling water is not easy! :)

yep gonna be hauling out water myself but i did a few things different this year.. i added a bunch of water polymers large size to my holes and i also used a 2 inche black pipe and i stuck it into the ground in my hole and then filled the hole in..it waters st8 to the roots and i have already noticed a differnce in how effective it is..i suggest it to anyone..

Gizmo

I have never been too concerned about soil pH outdoors in the ground.
Look at all the weeds, plants and trees growing around your grow spot.
If they all look like they're lush and doing well, you're good to go!

When you say "brambles", you're not talking about sticker bushes are you?
That would be pretty hard on your hands.
Otherwise, YES, if they are all dried out, try to break or chop (with a machete) them up into small (2 or 3 inch) pieces if you can..
It would make a suitable, but probably not the best, mulch.

hello Bud Green Sr, well i took a sample of the soil yesterday and tomorrow i will test the ph with a ph kit, you are probably right but i want to be sure and im curious to know too, all the brambles are in flower right now it must be the blackberry bramble and they are fuckin huge, 3 meters and some have a diameter larger than a shovel handle, i will post some pictures soon to show the jungle of bramble it is, its one acre of brambles. ok so its cool for the mulch i will try to use what i have and break them in small pieces, i will have to play with the hedge trimer again lol

have you any idea about the preparation of my soil ? im late i know

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I recently joined this site because I found the silver back threads. My question is have any of you tried the 60 in 60 approach? I read the entire thread and did not come across any examples of it working other than what sb had presented. I'm not really questioning the method or it's validity. I'm questioning the results and practicality of it. It seems to me that it would be much easier to maintain/ hide 60 small plants than to care for 10/20 monsters? Also the smaller profiles would really seem to be more efficient in blending in. And the potential for an early harvest around August seems like it would be a no brainer for guerilla growers. Idk I'm a little new to this site and may have missed the examples where people actually did it. Thanks for any info I really appreciate it

Yes it works very well. I have tried and succeeded a few times actually. Really if you start seedlings indoor right now under a 18/6, 20/4, 24/0 light cycle and veg until mid July or even the beginning of July and place outside they usually go straight into flower as well. A good tip is to hit them with a good dose of a high P fertilizer/nute for flowering as soon as you plant them in!

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

No pics this weekend. Plants are hurting.... I'm thinking they didn't get watered in well enough or its possible they didnt like being planted right after heavy feeding with organic fert. It was also a little wet when I dug the garden but I felt like it was dry enough to dig at least as deep as i needed to go. I had to get them put in when I had the time. They were growing so fast and now they have funny cupped/ twisted growth and a couple burnt leaves. I watered them twice after seeing them and we got a thunderstorm the next morning. I think they'll be ok... New growth looks good. I will get some shots this weekend.

liking this thread. Yawnnnn out of time once again... Have a good one!

Heat is on the way! 90's coming soon here! :)

Definitely sounds like too much water bro and maybe not enough drainage or possibly just a large amount of water at one time. Have they recovered well wet? I agree, where I am at we have had plenty enough rain but i'll say that now and then it will stop raining and i'll be fighting a drought! Lol... Just curious, did you lime your plot? Ever checked the ph of your soil? (Even though I have never once used a ph test in any indoor or outdoor grow in my entire life, I learn by feel, not instruments) it could possibly be a ph problem?

MountainBudz

I have a few plants outside, I dug small holes (20 gallons roughly) filled with compost mix with vermiculite and perlite. and I mulched heavily with comfrey and will keep mulching. My plants are not going to be California trees, but I anticipate they will do well, mulch rocks!!! and its there around you waiting to be harvested!

Sound perfect Santa! I do this as well, holes and containers of all sizes! Smaller are better in very open fields and along visible planting areas, light lst or simply just tying a large competing plant to the side really helps as well at keeping things on the DL. I am actually gonna try one or two 100 gallon container grows for my first time, haha California style in the good ole Appalachia!

MountainBudz

Gr33n Santa is right, unless you grow in the desert, good mulch is all around you. It's just waiting to be harvested..

Besides a long handled shovel, a steel tined garden rake is another tool that stays stashed out at my grow all season...
Walk into the woods, brush away the loose leaves that fell last winter, and there underneath you can rake up the finest mulch for your girls. And it's in unlimited quantities.
And it's not only FREE, it's something else you don't have to pack in to your grow site..

While you rake up this free "Gold", you will often find earthworms and red wigglers underneath it.
Throw them in your bucket with the mulch you collect and set them free in your holes under the fresh mulch you spread under your girls.
The worms will stay around in better soil which you built up for your holes.

Like I said before, FREE worm castings AND the nutrients from the forest floor duff, fertilizing your girls all summer...

Mulching is an excellent technique especially in guerilla grows as well as controlled. As we know it is very hard to water that far out in the bush, some we can never water and only rely on mother nature to quench the thirst. Mulching reduces watering significantly and always remember its a good idea to not just mulch around the base of the plant but bringing the mulch out wide spread to keep surrounding ground moist as well. It really helps block evaporation on a sunny or hot day.

If you happen to live on or around a farm, as I do (many in this area) hay is a perfect mulch that over time breaks down into some of the best medium you will ever use. Ever grown where hay bales have been sitting for years? Shit is like steroids for plants!

MountainBudz

hello, i would like to ask a few questions for the experienced guerilla growers please, i didn't prepare my soil yet, i need to test the ph of my soil to know if i must add some dolomite lime and i would like to add some organic fertilizer too, a 7-6-12+4Mgo, is it too late to do that ? i want to plant in 3 or 4 weeks

Bud Green answered your question perfectly my friend! He seems to be a very knowledgeable and inclined outdoor grower, who seems wise with some time and years under his belt.

As far as organics go, be careful if you have lots of wildlife around and no security or protection "defense" for the plants. They will dig your girls up and they will fuck things up sure. You may get lucky though, sometimes ya do. But when I do use organics I never wait for them to cook in the soil as I never use enough to burn the plants, I do my mix, leave it for 4 or 5 days then plant in.

MountainBudz

yep gonna be hauling out water myself but i did a few things different this year.. i added a bunch of water polymers large size to my holes and i also used a 2 inche black pipe and i stuck it into the ground in my hole and then filled the hole in..it waters st8 to the roots and i have already noticed a differnce in how effective it is..i suggest it to anyone..

I have used the (pipe to root) technique in my vegetable gardens every year, especially my tomatoes. It works very very well! I have thought about using it in my guerilla grows but never have. I love to water my plants, but usually never have HAD to water them in the bush. I use water polymers every year and another option that works well are diapers. Go to the dollar store and buy the largest pack of the biggest size, cheapest diapers you can find. Rip them up a hair and spread them on the bottoms of your holes. This works just as well and they contain polymers as well. Best bet for buying crystals though is online usually amazon or ebay in bulk.

Here in Ky as you know we have a lot of clay in the ground. Its very nutritious to our girls and holds plenty of moisture and I always have enough clay mixed in the bottom half of my holes that I never have to water. It really works well, just not too much as it slows the rapid growth of roots down a bit if its too dense. May or may not be true, but old timer mountain hippies have told me that growing in red clay and hard clay makes much harder buds.
I have seen lately some bud hardeners using a extract or some form of clay in there products and was like "i'll be dammed"... :chin:

Gizmo

Bud Green answered your question perfectly my friend! He seems to be a very knowledgeable and inclined outdoor grower, who seems wise with some time and years under his belt.

As far as organics go, be careful if you have lots of wildlife around and no security or protection "defense" for the plants. They will dig your girls up and they will fuck things up sure. You may get lucky though, sometimes ya do. But when I do use organics I never wait for them to cook in the soil as I never use enough to burn the plants, I do my mix, leave it for 4 or 5 days then plant in.

thank you MountainBudz it helped me and Bud Green post too, i will mulch my brambles and put my ferts in as soon i can, water well and hope it will not burn the plants, i will try to wait at least 2 weeks before planting, i hope it will be ok. i have some wire fencing to install, i only saw snakes where iam, i just fear the mole, the soil seems good i see worms in it. if you're ok i will post some pics of my patch soon, i dont want to run a thread. thank you again fellows. :)

MountainBudz

Okay guys, I have to head back into work for a few right now, I have tried covering most of everything I could but have some things of my own I wanna go over and share with you guys as well when I return tonight. Thank ya'll so much for keeping this thread alive. Have been wanting to see a thread like this for a long long time!

And Star your plants look amazing brother, keep producing those babies, never stop!

MountainBudz

thank you MountainBudz it helped me and Bud Green post too, i will mulch my brambles and put my ferts in as soon i can, water well and hope it will not burn the plants, i will try to wait at least 2 weeks before planting, i hope it will be ok. i have some wire fencing to install, i only saw snakes where iam, i just fear the mole, the soil seems good i see worms in it. if you're ok i will post some pics of my patch soon, i dont want to run a thread. thank you again fellows. :)

Bro you can post all of the pictures and plants you could possibly upload and the more the merrier! You will never ruin this thread, I do not and have never judged anyone's plant, plants or anything for that matter. I dont care if they are 2 inch burned seedlings, they always have a chance and they are still beautiful and you are still doing what you do bro!

If you are worried about underground critters, line your hole with chicken wire. The roots will grow through it as well, and it will help protect them enormously!

Gizmo

thank you MountainBudz,

here some pics of my babies waiting for the great outdoor under CFL

picture.php

Early Skunk
picture.php

Early Queen
picture.php

Shark Shock
picture.php

Afghan Skunk aka NORDLE
picture.php

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Those 10 and 12 inch plants look amazing Gizmo.

Get them outside and into some holes as quickly as you can..
You have the potential for a whole lot of 1 pounders...
but you gotta act soon!

Dday391

Hey Mountain Budz thanks for the tips. I am wondering what kind of yield the plants will have being out for a shorter time and being smaller? My guess would be from 3-5 z per plant. Is that unreasonable for a typical India dominant strain in this method? If you know of any journals that did this would you link them for me? Tanks again