What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SPYDRX PLUS

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I have a buddy who has a SpyderX light and its amazing. The layout, light spread, and spectrum are just perfect.

I will say the customer service from Timber Grow lights is A+ as well.

-Funk

JollyGGiant

Hoping you guys that have used Fluence lights can offer some guidance on the following:

1) How soon after germination can I put the new seedlings under the light. Can I put them under it as soon as they pop out of the dirt?

2) Since I have the Spydrx Plus, should I disconnect a few of the light bars to lessen the intensity until the plants get going?

3) How far above the new seedlings should I hang the light? How long should I leave the light at this height before lowering it? And how low should I go, how far above the canopy should it be once the plants get established?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Can't wait to start this grow!

Muleskinner

Veteran
It's a 650 watt light? the seedlings can go under it right away, but I'd keep them far away, seedlings only need like 1/10nth the light level of flowering plants. I'd be thinking 3-4 feet away to start, gradually move down after a couple weeks.

But I use smaller lights for seedlings & early veg. Why burn 650 watts when 50 will do for the first 3 weeks. Why put the mileage on your expensive light. Something like a Fluence Ray44 would be perfect for seedlings and veg, I think it's $250.

jocat

I would go 3' above those babies & watch how they react to the light, I just put a batch of rooted clones under the spyder yesterday and they all love it ,right away they are changing color and leaning, I had the lights very low and some leaf burning was happening so I lifted them up to around 24" for a day or 2. The spyder could be run with a few bars left off but why bother? set that bad boy up with some of the rope/pulley hangers for ease of adjustment, Watch them & when they take off lower that light 6" a day, this could be a few days maybe a week, bring it as low as 6" once they establish, they will grow very well under it, I was just thinking how can I afford more spyders?? they are so f'n nice your gonna love setting it up, its very well designed, and the indoor spectrum is so nice to work around compared to the red HPS.

jocat

I pulled the trigger on two more spydies & a vxprx plus...hey the last batch proved it...the numbers aren't done but it looks like at least a third more return on the 4 by 8 space powered by LED power..I will be working toward 100% LED...no brainer

Muleskinner

Veteran
Cool video - massive herb greenhouse in Virginia! Soon we'll see equal-size cannabis ops sprouting up everywhere, note the automatic seeding and propagation machines, wouldn't it be fun to play with them!!

>>>Shenandoah Growers is utilizing 612 VYPR lights in their new production facility, 120 VYPR lights in their new propagation area, and 56 VYPR lights in their microgreen production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTFWSOca080

jocat

I did go for 2 66" light bars in the UV spectrum, running them over 1 of the Spyder powered trays the last couple weeks of flower for stress/resin production, results aren't in on that project....yet. Hey happy 4/20

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did go for 2 66" light bars in the UV spectrum, running them over 1 of the Spyder powered trays the last couple weeks of flower for stress/resin production, results aren't in on that project....yet. Hey happy 4/20

Would you mind posting a picture of it on?

Muleskinner

Veteran
Couple of videos of the Ray bars including the UV, they look cool! I ended up not getting the Ray44 for veg when I found out my PL Hortiled full spectrum light is able to dim, that took care of my need for a seedling/clone light, I don't have to run it at 320w all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUWKNzQjFww&t=396s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adg7LNTifBk

not sure about the wisdom of having the UV bars facing up and staring into them without glasses! would love to see what they do to the plants.

Last edited:

jocat

I'll have to dig around for light bar pic's PF. I have final numbers on the spyder 4 by 8 tray, 2.7 gpw.

jocat

I ain't trying to impress anybody with those numbers, believe or not, no worries.... I did just get the news from Fluence, my next order of 2 more spyders will be here 5/1...I'm putting my money where it will work the hardest for me.

Koondense

Veteran
Glad to hear they work good for you, and it seems your skills also play a major role in your gpw figure. Still hard to believe though ;)

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear they work good for you, and it seems your skills also play a major role in your gpw figure. Still hard to believe though ;)

I just finished with 0.7 g/w under my 3 year old SPYDR 600 (custom spectrums), but I am not SROGGING, which could account for the incredible gpw