What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Sticky Traps

KONY

Veteran
Been making these for a few years, takes minimal time to make a lot if you do it assembly line style. Cost about $20 to make 100? Not sure exactly, as I think I use too much sticky stuff each time and could make it last much longer.

Stuff to buy:
Plastic Beer cups (yellow if possible, but i've used red and blue with great success)
Tangletrap brush on Sticky trap coating (8oz for $7 on amazon)

Optional:
Thick Bamboo cooking Skewers
Gorilla Tape

Then just use some sort of disposable glove to apply the tangle trap. I normally cut the cups in half if not using skewers, or 1/3rds if using skewers. Skewers are nice because you can make little stands to keep the sticky trap just off the soil surface, and out of the way for watering. Without them I lay them right ontop of the soil and move them around to water. Works okay but if you touch the wrong part its sticky and needs some sorta oil or citrus cleaner to be removed.

Also dont apply the tangletrap to the very top inch or so of the cup, this way you can easily move them.

Will add pictures soon.

FireIn.TheSky

You've got to love stoner ingenuity :joint:

Good idea, seems like it would be far more fuctional then the standard sticky trap.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
made quite a few of my own over the years...anything yellow and tanglefoot worked for me ...yeehaw

WelderDan

Veteran
I have access to the splicing tape used in the printing industry. Talk about sticky. I have rolls of the stuff and it works great. I just put strips of it where I need it and toss it when it gets all buggy.

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Yellow wrapping paper...smoothered with vasilne will keep those bastards good and stuck as well.... :tiphat: