What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

Eltitoguay

Right now (Zamaldélica fem, A.C.E.; born arround April 15) :

IMG_20230601_134112.jpg
IMG_20230601_134547.jpg
IMG_20230601_134659.jpg

IMG_20230601_133618.jpg
IMG_20230601_134032.jpg

IMG_20230601_134722.jpg
IMG_20230601_133601.jpg
IMG_20230601_133647.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You did a great job with her :giggle: @OZZ_ the colas and harvested buds look amazing now in detail, really huge trichomes, great flower/leaf ratio and what a yield! It's not easy to grow such type of big and long flowering sativas in small tents. Low moisture, proper ventilation and air renovation are a must to avoid mold on such huge colas.

It's usually not a good idea to suddenly increase the feeding when the sativa is already ripening last reflowering, since it can force the plant to reflower once more when the lower parts of the plant are almost ripe. This creates a 'reflowering/ripening imbalance' of the plant. Better don't push with ferts the sativas at the end more than the suggested flowering time of the strain.

The citrus, ammonia, catpiss terpene profiles are very very Thai, with a bit of the sweet fruity elite terpenes in the background should make a curious blend of scents!

Really happy you have finished another successful selection (i) hope the curing reveals some winners there! ;)

OZZ_

Veteran
You did a great job with her :giggle: @OZZ_ the colas and harvested buds look amazing now in detail, really huge trichomes, great flower/leaf ratio and what a yield! It's not easy to grow such type of big and long flowering sativas in small tents. Low moisture, proper ventilation and air renovation are a must to avoid mold on such huge colas.

It's usually not a good idea to suddenly increase the feeding when the sativa is already ripening last reflowering, since it can force the plant to reflower once more when the lower parts of the plant are almost ripe. This creates a 'reflowering/ripening imbalance' of the plant. Better don't push with ferts the sativas at the end more than the suggested flowering time of the strain.

The citrus, ammonia, catpiss terpene profiles are very very Thai, with a bit of the sweet fruity elite terpenes in the background should make a curious blend of scents!

Really happy you have finished another successful selection (i) hope the curing reveals some winners there! ;)

Thanks Dubi, overall I’m happy with the outcome despite losing my best main colas, but as mentioned I’ll fix that in the second run after the Super Congos finish.

:headbange :headbange :dance013: :dance013: (y)

babe ruth

Hello all here is a nice zamaldelica fem lady that i find very promising with it's full on mango smell, very yummy smell already at arourd 5week flowering.
20230610_173207.jpg
20230610_173433.jpg

And on its right a personal cross , subcool jack cleaner 2 x agent orange, it has very intense chemical lime smell and copious amount of resin on her.
20230610_173149.jpg
20230610_173300.jpg

I am showing you this one because I am doing a little pollen chucking experiment using a random male jc2 x ao and polinating the zamaldelica girl. Those seeds to be get me pretty exited because both parents have the potential to be very psychoactive and psychedelic in effect and have super yummy fruity terpene profile. Also i feel like ace more rustic genetic will bring vigor, yield and health to the cross while the jc x ao will bring the frostiness and it's funky party weed kind of buzz. All is done so if i can get some seeds to mature then i can just hope it raise to my expectation😁🤞

View of the whole family.
20230606_203244.jpg

Attachments

• 20230610_173015.jpg
    20230610_173015.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 66

Eltitoguay

se está poniendo preciosa @Eltitoguay :) gracias por la actualización!

La cultivé también (Zamaldélica fem) el año pasado en el mismo agujero en la tierra, aunque el año pasado el sustrato estaba mucho menos abonado que el actual (mi intención era abonarla en floración con abonos líquidos comerciales para cultivo orgánico de un gran lote que me regaló Top Crop gracias a Califa a fines del 2016, y aún hoy no los gasté completamente; antes de que se estropearan). También la germiné mucho más tarde que este año: nació sobre el 20 de Mayo, creo recordar...
El año pasado creció mostrando inicialmente el mismo tipo de hojas, que no me agradó por su anchura (¿quizá herencia del abuelo Malawi?). Afortunadamente, según la planta crecía, se asativaba más y más. Esta "asativación" se hizo más evidente al inicio de la floración, durante la primera quincena del pasado Septiembre (14-Septiembre-2022):
1670666048133.png

1670440402527.png
1670440481695.png
1670440524746.png
1670440603190.png
1670440638751.png
1670666103260.png
1670666156789.png
1670666216802.png
1670666269225.png

Last edited:

Eltitoguay

...Por desgracia para la planta, tras tomar esas fotos, me salió trabajo lejos, y solo tuve tiempo de preparar mi equipaje. Hasta entonces, solo había abonado la planta foliarmente con un par de aplicaciones del "estimulador de floración" Big One; mi intención era haberlo aplicado un par de veces más, aparte de empezar vía riego con Top Bud y Top Candy, pero no pudo ser.
Desde el 15-Septiembre hasta el 8-Noviembre, la planta solo recibió un cubo de unos 10 litros de agua semanal por algún colaborador, que bastante trabajo tiene con los perros y demás. Así que cuando regresé el citado 8-Noviembre, me la encontré en un estado bastante triste, con todas las hojas caidas y pidiendo agua a gritos.
Tras regarla de urgencia y ver que se recuperaba poco a poco, le hice sus últimas fotos. A estas alturas, era muy poco olorosa a distancia, pero al acercar la nariz a las flores, se inundaba de un olor dulce/afrutado/cítrico (naranja/mandarina dulces, o naranjada, y algo de zanahoria dulce final).
A mi juicio, aún no estaba en su periodo óptimo de recogida, que yo estimaba entre el 15 y el 23 de Noviembre...
...Pero al día siguiente supe que dos días después tenía que volver a salir a trabajar lejos otra temporada, así que durante el día 9 tuve que cosecharla de urgencia, manicurarla por encima, y dejarla a secar en una malla.
No pude regresar hasta mediados de Diciembre, y los cogollos seguían en la malla...
Así que entre la falta casi total de abonado durante toda su vida, la época de la floración con poca agua, el cosechado demasiado temprano, el tiempo secado largo de más y la falta de curado, afectaron al producto final; más en la parte de la potencia que en la de sabor, que era riquísimo (naranjada/mandarina dulce).
1671183455068.png
1671183487894.png
1671183519486.png
1671200082029.png
1671200145434.png
1671200254905.png
1671200286042.png
1671202056258.png
1671203486232.png
1671202980396.png

Espero poder resarcirme este año: he dejado preparado el terreno a conciencia (humus lombriz, guano murciélago, ceniza vegetal, harina de neem y tierra de diatoméas) por si tengo que ausentarme, y facilitado las cosas con el riego al posible colaborador que me ayude en una futura ausencia.

Muchas gracias por tu amable atencíon.
Y salud a espuertas.

babe ruth

The clock is tiking for this fat little Zam, she got 10 days of flowering left before i am obligated to harvest her. In the smell departement the malawi terps invited themself to the party with the lether and oil mixing with the green mango putting out a danker more complexe bouquet. She look delicious and without suprise it will yeild really well compared to the others genetics i was running on the same run, even if she had one less veg weeks then the rest of them.
20230707_220328.jpg
20230707_220336.jpg

20230707_220317.jpg

Down here was the group 10 days ago before i started harvesting the first ripe plants.
20230626_163410.jpg

And next is the jack cleaner2 x agent orange
N
20230707_220443.jpg

Attachments

• 20230707_220336.jpg
    20230707_220336.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 40

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautifully grown @babe ruth :love: you really managed to get best possible yield for her size!
Interesting expression: short desirable structure, high yielding, good to flower ratio, good resins ... hope the terps and effects of the finished product are also of your taste!

PD: The jack cleaner2 x agent orange is a beauty as well!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
...Por desgracia para la planta, tras tomar esas fotos, me salió trabajo lejos, y solo tuve tiempo de preparar mi equipaje. Hasta entonces, solo había abonado la planta foliarmente con un par de aplicaciones del "estimulador de floración" Big One; mi intención era haberlo aplicado un par de veces más, aparte de empezar vía riego con Top Bud y Top Candy, pero no pudo ser.
Desde el 15-Septiembre hasta el 8-Noviembre, la planta solo recibió un cubo de unos 10 litros de agua semanal por algún colaborador, que bastante trabajo tiene con los perros y demás. Así que cuando regresé el citado 8-Noviembre, me la encontré en un estado bastante triste, con todas las hojas caidas y pidiendo agua a gritos.
Tras regarla de urgencia y ver que se recuperaba poco a poco, le hice sus últimas fotos. A estas alturas, era muy poco olorosa a distancia, pero al acercar la nariz a las flores, se inundaba de un olor dulce/afrutado/cítrico (naranja/mandarina dulces, o naranjada, y algo de zanahoria dulce final).
A mi juicio, aún no estaba en su periodo óptimo de recogida, que yo estimaba entre el 15 y el 23 de Noviembre...
...Pero al día siguiente supe que dos días después tenía que volver a salir a trabajar lejos otra temporada, así que durante el día 9 tuve que cosecharla de urgencia, manicurarla por encima, y dejarla a secar en una malla.
No pude regresar hasta mediados de Diciembre, y los cogollos seguían en la malla...
Así que entre la falta casi total de abonado durante toda su vida, la época de la floración con poca agua, el cosechado demasiado temprano, el tiempo secado largo de más y la falta de curado, afectaron al producto final; más en la parte de la potencia que en la de sabor, que era riquísimo (naranjada/mandarina dulce).
View attachment 18856682 View attachment 18856683 View attachment 18856684 View attachment 18856685 View attachment 18856686 View attachment 18856687 View attachment 18856688 View attachment 18856689 View attachment 18856690 View attachment 18856691
Espero poder resarcirme este año: he dejado preparado el terreno a conciencia (humus lombriz, guano murciélago, ceniza vegetal, harina de neem y tierra de diatoméas) por si tengo que ausentarme, y facilitado las cosas con el riego al posible colaborador que me ayude en una futura ausencia.

Muchas gracias por tu amable atencíon.
Y salud a espuertas.

Thanks for sharing your great outcome with your last year outdoor Zamaldelica @Eltitoguay :tiphat:
She looks great despite the lack of water during flowering: good yield of dense, resinous buds without much leaf. Glad you enjoyed her Zamalish sweet fruity terpenes although you expected a more potent individual. Hope the new one is also tasty and more powerful. Have a great 2023 season!

Eltitoguay

Thanks for sharing your great outcome with your last year outdoor Zamaldelica @Eltitoguay :tiphat:
She looks great despite the lack of water during flowering: good yield of dense, resinous buds without much leaf. Glad you enjoyed her Zamalish sweet fruity terpenes although you expected a more potent individual. Hope the new one is also tasty and more powerful. Have a great 2023 season!
As I told you in my previous message, this lack of power is totally attributable to the almost total abandonment for so long. The proof is that in another variety from another company that grew next to it (and that I know well from repeated crops), I found the same lack of power compared to previous crops.

babe ruth

Beautifully grown @babe ruth :love: you really managed to get best possible yield for her size!
Interesting expression: short desirable structure, high yielding, good to flower ratio, good resins ... hope the terps and effects of the finished product are also of your taste!

PD: The jack cleaner2 x agent orange is a beauty as well!
Thanks dudi ! So far everything i have grown with malawi in the lineage has yeilded massive resinous colas with a super easy trim in bonus. In my mind most of merit is due to the breeders for making available such stellar genetics. Those buds dwarf anything else in the room it's just ridiculous.
20230711_210430.jpg