Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > CBD in bulk

Thread Title Search
CBD in bulk Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2015, 03:25 PM #1
ronbo51

ronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to all
CBD in bulk

We have found a company that sells bulk CBD oil. It tests lower than .3 THC so it is legal everywhere if I understand the laws correctly. We have a lawyer pretty connected and he is doing some leg work for us. We are in a very unfriendly state but we have 12 retail locations and want to sell CBD products. The name of the company we are dealing with is CBDGum. They are in Cali. The oil is imported. Obviously we need some more info but I just found out about this yesterday and of course we are very excited about carrying these products. The price was $12K/ liter and I am not sure about the concentration but I believe its 20%.

Does anyone here have any experience selling CBD products retail in an unfriendly state? Anyone know anything about this company? Where would this oil be sourced from? Thanks to the community for your help.
ronbo51 is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2015, 07:17 PM #2
snake11

snake11 is a jewel in the roughsnake11 is a jewel in the roughsnake11 is a jewel in the roughsnake11 is a jewel in the roughsnake11 is a jewel in the roughsnake11 is a jewel in the roughsnake11 is a jewel in the rough
If it's only 20% CBD and .3% THC what is the other 79.7%?? It is probably from China. Who knows what kind of extraction process they are using. At the bare least I would get it tested for residuals before giving it to any customers. I would recommend further cleaning and refinement to make sure it is suitable if you do get it.
snake11 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:42 AM #3
Chunkypigs
Hard Mode

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
good luck, that scam came and went last year until people started getting it tested and finding heavy metals.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...-cbd-companies

https://norml.org/news/2014/10/16/rep...ils-questioned

unless you are trying to scam sick people it's game over for that industrial byproduct $hit.
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:22 PM #4
ronbo51

ronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to all
Actually, most of the cbd comes from Europe, is extracted using co2 , is ISO certified, grown organically, comes with testing data. None of the links given above show any problems. The literature supplied online mentions the strains they use. Also mentions that they use flowers, not hemp. Unless everyone is straight up lying it seems pretty legit to me. Of course anything from China throws up the red flags. This oil is not China sourced. Elixinol is the product. Europe has tougher ag standards than the US. By the way, in a few years this is the way THC will be sold also, In liter bottles.
ronbo51 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:25 PM #5
Lapides
Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler

Lapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant future
what was i thinking

Recycling Dirt Is Ridiculously Easy

The LEDs That Are Changing the Game
You can't stop me. I'm like a weed. I might disappear for a moment or two, but I will pop up somewhere else and will never stop growing.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Lapides is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2015, 03:28 PM #6
G.O. Joe

G.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbo51 View Post
Elixinol is the product. Europe has tougher ag standards than the US.
There's a good chance they are straight up lying - the CBD industry is full of liars. What is the situation in Europe? It's totally legal to grow and extract and sell to the US?

https://www.projectcbd.org/news/hemp-...s-and-kannaway

The lying starts with the legal in all 50 states part - that's just as much key to profits as other lies. When they say it's already legal, while some states debate legislation to actually make it legal, there's no reason to believe anything else they say. The FDA just this week put a note on their site showing that companies are selling CBD products with no cannabinoids.

Which is it, CBD gum, or Elixinol? Elixinol is from D&G Health in NY. Do they have a permit to import controlled substances?

Retailing CBD products in the wrong state is the same as asking some arm of government to seize your business, drug dealer. Your attorney should not need more than a minute to google the section of your state law that defines marijuana. If it's the same as federal law and CBD hasn't been exempted lately, selling marijuana oil would make you a drug dealer. In the states that have exempted CBD, is there some framework in the law or is it a free-for-all?
G.O. Joe is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:31 PM #7
ECtraveler

ECtraveler has a brilliant futureECtraveler has a brilliant futureECtraveler has a brilliant futureECtraveler has a brilliant futureECtraveler has a brilliant futureECtraveler has a brilliant futureECtraveler has a brilliant futureECtraveler has a brilliant futureECtraveler has a brilliant futureECtraveler has a brilliant futureECtraveler has a brilliant future
Quote:
By the way, in a few years this is the way THC will be sold also, In liter bottles.
Some of it will yes but the majority of THC products will always be consumed in combustible form. For some the social aspects of partaking are as important as the actual effects.
ECtraveler is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:22 PM #8
Pastelero
Stoner

Pastelero will become famous soon enoughPastelero will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Actually, most of the cbd comes from Europe, is extracted using co2 , is ISO certified, grown organically, comes with testing data. None of the links given above show any problems. The literature supplied online mentions the strains they use. Also mentions that they use flowers, not hemp. Unless everyone is straight up lying it seems pretty legit to me. Of course anything from China throws up the red flags. This oil is not China sourced. Elixinol is the product. Europe has tougher ag standards than the US. By the way, in a few years this is the way THC will be sold also, In liter bottles.

from a european POV, this is right!
A lot of hemp farms are organic certified in the EU and extraction takes place in GMP/GRAS etc. certified facilities on a legal basis.

The problem as G.O. Joe described, is import and distribution in the US, this is actually illegal!

But, some companies are importing that stuff bulkwise now for years and nobody seems to care! The unwritten law seems to be, no health claims and 0,2% THC EU origin are okay.

But as we all know, that can change in a minute and the whole thing callapses.
Pastelero is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2015, 04:56 PM #9
VonBudí
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

VonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud of
can some one post a link to a high cbd eu product, tried and tested. Hemp cbd products seems to be a magnet for sack of shit scammers.

+ one of these co2 extracts companys too.

Last edited by VonBudí; 03-16-2015 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: +
VonBudí is offline Quote

Old 03-17-2015, 01:05 AM #10
ronbo51

They use the same customs procedure as we do for our other business. He gets customs clearance to import. They know what they are doing, it appears. CBD Gum carries the Elixinol line as well as these other products. Because the Elixinol line claims the c02 cold extraction method, organically grown, not just hemp, made in Europe according to guidelines I feel pretty confident using their products. We have found over 10 stores now selling CBD oil in SC. Advertising and everything, plus credit card handling, which as anyone in the biz knows is hard to get a POS system for cannabis as well as other sketchy businesses. SC passed a compassionate care act for CBD oil back last year but the literature on it made it sound like it was impossible to meet the standards, and now all these stores are selling CBD in SC. I'm excited. Thanks by the way so far for everyone's thoughts.
ronbo51 is offline Quote