What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'll be starting my first vert grow in about a month...

pinkus

Veteran
And have some question.

First let me say that I'm glad to be here, and glad (mostly) for these interwebs. When I started back in the early eighties, hearsay and a few books were all that was out there. there IS some advancement in this world.

So I've been doing a perpetual grow for about 4 years now and it's time to move. I don't want to move flowering plants so I decided to start vegging some big girls. I will be doing some plants under my 2 neosol 300 LED panels.

The vert questions: I have a couple of 400watters I thought I would use, but after thinking it out for just a bit, I don't think that they will cut it. So I'm thinking a 600...or maybe even a 1000, but I'm a tad worried about wattage and heat. It will be in what is designated "a bedroom"...

I'm wondering about either stacking the two 400, or using a 600. I'm wondering size containers for the bushes I'm aiming for. Right now I'm using 7 quart hempys, for the vert I was leaning towards 3 gallon in coco. Also wondering tent size for a 600watt vert, and a 400watt vert.

Thanks y'all.

packerfan79

Veteran
Stack the lights 600 on top 400 below. I did something similar with a 1k, and a 600. Put a fan below the bulbs blowing up over the bulbs. Put your filter above the bulbs to help pull the hot air out. Works like a charm. I pulled 3.75 pounds regularly from 1600 watts.

pinkus

Veteran
Stack the lights 600 on top 400 below. I did something similar with a 1k, and a 600. Put a fan below the bulbs blowing up over the bulbs. Put your filter above the bulbs to help pull the hot air out. Works like a charm. I pulled 3.75 pounds regularly from 1600 watts.

Thanks. My family has season tickets to the Packers... but I left the ghad forsaken tundra. Now they are in my cousin's hands.

packerfan79

Veteran
Thanks. My family has season tickets to the Packers... but I left the ghad forsaken tundra. Now they are in my cousin's hands.

Your cousin scored. I bet there are a few angry Wisconsinites. I think it's awesome that season tickets are included in people's will's

pinkus

Veteran
If I was to run a 400 and 600 stack, what size pots and tents would be the best fit do you reckon?

More on the Packer tickets. On my father's deathbed, one of his final wishes..."Don't let _____ have the tickets!" _____ being his brother. Unfortunately, _____ got the damn tickets!

Sorry pop.

:shooty:

There's plenty of ways to get where you wanna go just keep all the basics dialed. Do some measurements seems like a 5x5 would work well. Make sure you have air circulation on the tent facing side of the plants or you're asking for PM. Are you going to scrog?

packerfan79

Veteran
If I was to run a 400 and 600 stack, what size pots and tents would be the best fit do you reckon?

More on the Packer tickets. On my father's deathbed, one of his final wishes..."Don't let _____ have the tickets!" _____ being his brother. Unfortunately, _____ got the damn tickets!

Sorry pop.

:shooty:

I think 5x5 would be a good size tent. Pot size is going to be dependent on how long you want to veg, and medium. I would probably say 5 gallon buckets with a 5 - 6 week veg in soil. Better to start with soil. Oops I missed that you were on coco. Hempys would be a good option. 2 or 3.5 gallon bucket would work well.

packerfan79

Veteran
Heya @packerfan79, hows the setup going?

I have had life come kick my ass recently. I got a notice that my landlord was selling the house i was renting. We just moved last weekend. No grow at the moment. I am going to be switching to a small tent with leds.

Did you start the vert grow yet?

pinkus

Veteran
My vert grow was also scrapped. I am still using LEDs in a tent and scrogging it. Just not enough time to run two grows (one of them a learning in the process deal), work, and studying to become a building inspector.

Thanks for your time and help anyway.

Good luck on the new situation PF. :bandit:

packerfan79

Veteran
My vert grow was also scrapped. I am still using LEDs in a tent and scrogging it. Just not enough time to run two grows (one of them a learning in the process deal), work, and studying to become a building inspector.

Thanks for your time and help anyway.

Good luck on the new situation PF. :bandit:

Such as is life. Good luck with your studies.

gr866

Veteran
And have some question.

First let me say that I'm glad to be here, and glad (mostly) for these interwebs. When I started back in the early eighties, hearsay and a few books were all that was out there. there IS some advancement in this world.

So I've been doing a perpetual grow for about 4 years now and it's time to move. I don't want to move flowering plants so I decided to start vegging some big girls. I will be doing some plants under my 2 neosol 300 LED panels.

The vert questions: I have a couple of 400watters I thought I would use, but after thinking it out for just a bit, I don't think that they will cut it. So I'm thinking a 600...or maybe even a 1000, but I'm a tad worried about wattage and heat. It will be in what is designated "a bedroom"...

I'm wondering about either stacking the two 400, or using a 600. I'm wondering size containers for the bushes I'm aiming for. Right now I'm using 7 quart hempys, for the vert I was leaning towards 3 gallon in coco. Also wondering tent size for a 600watt vert, and a 400watt vert.

Thanks y'all.

Say buddy, consider stacked 315W CMH, have been running them my last few grows, 24.5 zips from vert 4 plants, 15 zips from horizontal 2 plants and 26.5 zips from horiz. 4 plants.
The horizontal runs were out of necessity as I was on a time limit on the 4 plant horiz. and the two plant was just not worth doing vert.
I am running a one plant horizontal Monster Crop under horizontal now but will be going back to vert as soon as this one finishes.
3 gallon coco, 36 inch screen, DIY drip system, will be going into flower tomorrow. These pics were taken a couple of weeks ago.

So in vert I am running 630W, and I run two gallon coco Smart Pots in a 4x4x6.5 tent.
Plant stands for vert

Individual stands with plants near finish.

Can't wait to get this grow finished so I can start another vertical run with 5 Barneys Farm Big Buddha Cheese.
Whatever your decision, good luck on your grow and keep it green.

GR