What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sealed verticle 2000 watts in 16 sqft stacked cool tubes

junior_grower

okay many people have asked for pics of my stacked cool tubs and the hanging wire. I figured if I'm posting that i may as-well show a few shots of the full room.
Not the best shots as the only reason i was there was from a high temp alarm. Room hit 139f. The GE exterior timer for my AC failed after 8 yrs of use. Worst of all, it was inspected and checked the week prior. Cant find any literature about life expectancy but i guess 8 hrs 360 days a year was too long. Some wilting and slight bleaching/ burn. I GOT LUCKY, room ran for two full days like this before i saw the email alarm.
The equipment
CAP XGC-1 this controller has lasted over ten years with only a few issues. The timing wheel will lose a tooth every now and then, and must be replaced. CAP sent me a few extras, and i still have two left so i should be good for 5 more years at-least. I modified the internal wiring to de-link the CO2 , and humidity/temp function. The humidity has been linked with the temp sensor in reverse to run my dehumidifier. it now starts at 70% and will shut down if the room reaches 83f.
The room is hard wired with three separate 15amp GFCi circuits, I used breakers vs plugs cause i had excess from a job. The large plug is a 30 AMP 240v dedicated circuit for lighting.
The AC is now controlled by a blue bird temperature controller. This is not exactly what i wanted but had no time to find and alternative and its what i had on hand.

Please excuse the mess of airlines. I recently decided to replace my 6 Elite 802 pumps, with a single hydrofarm 70Liter per min. I am now battling noise and hot air, I'm probably going back.
I also decided to try digital ballasts instead of my 15 year old magnetic's. Went with Apollo cheapies instead of nanolux at 500$ each. So far temps have been better, but until the new light meter arrives I'm not deciding.

junior_grower

Lights Are 6" cool tubes. I used to use tuc tape to join the two lights but these neoprene lined clamps are the cats meow and worth the $20. They are supported by two 1/8" stainless aircraft cables. I drill and tap the top aluminum ring for the eye-bolt. Along with the taping i use nyloc nuts inside and outside the tube, this creates and joint that does not loosen off over time. The eye-bolts, sit on top of a 2" neoprene disk on top of 1/4" fender washer. This is all held buy a wire rope clamp on the cable. the result is an easily adjustable light that never slips or vibrates with the fan. Air cooled and sealed.

All the room is cooled by a single 5000 Btu wall banger. 2000 watts of hps, two ballasts, and 500 watt of fluorescent veg lighting.

junior_grower

Flowers after they visit to hell.

They will be fine at week 4 flower I'm not to worried, they have a good De-leafing coming up. And non stop bondage to clean up and organize/ de larf.

Ill throw some pics from the vertical tent as to what it should look like. (clean and green). This running multiple offsite locations plus a busy full time job is wearing me out. The gals have suffered as a result.

junior_grower

canopy is 5-6' tall, this run after the heat shock should still net 6-7 lbs. They are now tied and trimmed back, de larfed. Only thing that saved me is the 1100ppm of co2, I lost 1/4 of a tank in a few days.

T

TreehouseJ

xgc1e+mlc4 brothers! Wonder why they went out of business.. Anyways sick build, brah!
edit* oops.. not an mlc pictured.

Wow 6-7 would be great. Anymore details or a build thread on your setup? Also what controller are you using to automate all this stuff?

junior_grower

XGC-1 by CAP
This thing has out lived, a titan, and an iponic. I have two rooms running them and love them. Great all in one controller with built in CO2. CAP is now longer around buy NOS can still be had, these controllers set me back 650$.
Its just a HPR relay to flip the 240v ballast on and off.

System is a vertical top feed. Hydroton gets soaked every 2 mins for 20 secs, (just enough that any longer results in spill out) and 5 mins of dry out time. The water falls 6' through the hydroton and back to the reservoir.
I run PBP, Liquid Karma, molasses, CaL mg, RO water, beneficials, CO2.

As close to organic hydro as I can and get good results.

XGC-1 by CAP
This thing has out lived, a titan, and an iponic. I have two rooms running them and love them. Great all in one controller with built in CO2. CAP is now longer around buy NOS can still be had, these controllers set me back 650$.
Its just a HPR relay to flip the 240v ballast on and off.

System is a vertical top feed. Hydroton gets soaked every 2 mins for 20 secs, (just enough that any longer results in spill out) and 5 mins of dry out time. The water falls 6' through the hydroton and back to the reservoir.
I run PBP, Liquid Karma, molasses, CaL mg, RO water, beneficials, CO2.

As close to organic hydro as I can and get good results.

Any picks without plants?

Ha no sorry. The rooms have plants except for the ne day between crops, ill try and get a snap next chop. Usually to damn busy trying to chop, and get cones in and running. The 12hr turn around is too damn tight.

Yeah I can imagine. How do you have your rooms setup? Perpetual? What plant count do you run?

junior_grower

rooms are all perpetual 36 plant count. Three rows of 6 plants each side, Two separate reservoirs. Some rooms are same strain, same cycle, others are multi strain different cycles. It all depends on what the dispensaries/ patients, are after or in need off.
Not all strains work well. I need 4-6 good colas from each plant to get the yields. I have small plant numbers i stay within for legal reasons.

rooms are all perpetual 36 plant count. Three rows of 6 plants each side, Two separate reservoirs. Some rooms are same strain, same cycle, others are multi strain different cycles. It all depends on what the dispensaries/ patients, are after or in need off.
Not all strains work well. I need 4-6 good colas from each plant to get the yields. I have small plant numbers i stay within for legal reasons.

Thats awesome. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. I just got done building a 72 site HPA Vertical system so I'm interested in the details. When you said you can extract 6-7 is that per room or is that a collective between the two?

junior_grower

No that number is my average yield per room. That's dialed and only certain strains make the cut. I have managed a hair over 8 before, but big bud is no longer viable for the market i deal with.
Three big thing effect the yield Nutes and CO2, and strain. Its usually 2-3 runs to dial in. I have two main strains that have now been run for 20+ crops. I use a 20 Gal DWC tubs with 9 plants in each to play with nutrient levels before they hit the vertical. I push as hard as I can till I see tip burn then back off a bit. the current crop is 22-2300ppm with RO.

I have no problems helping got a ton of help of the years.

No that number is my average yield per room. That's dialed and only certain strains make the cut. I have managed a hair over 8 before, but big bud is no longer viable for the market i deal with.
Three big thing effect the yield Nutes and CO2, and strain. Its usually 2-3 runs to dial in. I have two main strains that have now been run for 20+ crops. I use a 20 Gal DWC tubs with 9 plants in each to play with nutrient levels before they hit the vertical. I push as hard as I can till I see tip burn then back off a bit. the current crop is 22-2300ppm with RO.

More good info. I have a bag full of genetics but no big bud. Ill have to grab some as my clientele isn't that picky. Curious what strains have you gravitated towards seeing as quality is a requirement. Yet your clearly quantity focused as well.

junior_grower

Diesel has made the cut, as has my own rework of purple kush and Colombian gold. LSD, sour patch kids keep doing rounds as well. Big bud is good for weight and that's about it. The average smoker buys it no complaints, dispensaries wont take it unless its cheap.

Diesel has made the cut, as has my own rework of purple kush and Colombian gold. LSD, sour patch kids keep doing rounds as well. Big bud is good for weight and that's about it. The average smoker buys it no complaints, dispensaries wont take it unless its cheap.

Great Thanks for the tip. Why not 3 600's over 2 1000's? Also how long do you veg and how big are clones when transplanted? any overly aggressive training techniques or just a few tops/fims?