What's new

The longest period for flower to start ?

nabzter

As the title says what was the longest time you have had to wait for the first signs of flowers (ie pistils) to appear? can cold weather delay things a lot, like 4-5 weeks after switching to 12/12?

The longest for me to show signs was 2 weeks. I started using Bud Igniter and now I have hairs in 5 days! I'm not sure if being too cold would mess with it or not. Maby a light leak somewhere? Or the timer messing up.

budsnblunts

Veteran
i once had a grow where it took 3 weeks to show signs of flower. my problem was to many plants under the one light

nabzter

Thanks for your input guys. Light leaks are not an issue neither is the number of plants. 5 under a 600w.

budsnblunts

Veteran
You grown these genetics out before? If this is the first time you, you may just have a late bloomer, everything works differently. You'll get to the end though.

nabzter

You grown these genetics out before? If this is the first time you, you may just have a late bloomer, everything works differently. You'll get to the end though.

No its first time with these particular genetics however it is 3 different strains so I'm thinking the cold is definately slowing things down quite a bit.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
what strain buddy? I've had some haze crosses that look like theyre at 3 weeks when theyre at 7...those tend to be the 14+ weekers...

edit: answer your question directly " can cold weather delay things a lot", yes, absolutely it can, below 10c and plants will struggle to anything much at all beyond staying alive, but they certainly wont grow much and root development will be nonexistent.

Sport Farmer

Veteran
My current grow from seed took 21-22 days to show actual flowers!! So its possible, especially if they weren't mature enough before you flipped them. Just give them time, as long as they are happy and healthy they will kick into gear eventually. :tiphat:

nabzter

Hi Jamie thanks for the feedback dude. I have been dabbling with autos for the last few grows with amazing success however circumstances meant I needed to move to a new environment, you would pretty much class as outdoors in terms of temperature so lights out can be very very cold (below 10 degrees C). The plants had been vegged for way longer than normal as they are photos that were planted alongside autos and were left vegging until autos finished. Now that the weather is picking up I have seen some clear signs of impovement over the last few days so let's say kinda out of the red. I must point out other than extremely slow development the plants have been very healthy throughout without any signs of deficiency.

Photo strains I am currently eperimenting with are -

Lemon kush (indica dominant)
Special kush (indica dominant)
And holy grail (sativa dominant )

From the 2 lemon I have I am seeing 2 very different phenos.

Latest posts

Latest posts