What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC 2015

Miraculous Meds

Lets get this thing going! All ufc n mma comments are welcomed. Lets keep it positive n discuss our favorite sport!

Who thinks Rousey is gonna whoop that Brazilian girls ass? Is this gonna be another one of those 15 second fights?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What happened to the other thread? I've been away for a few weeks.

This weekend will be fun. Ronda should win and make it look easy, but you never know. Anything can happen in MMA. Shogun / Little Nog and Struve / Big Nog should be good, and Bigfoot / Palelei.

Maia / Magny and Cavalcante / Cummins are on the prelims for some reason. 4 people I've never heard of are on the main card.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Bette has no chance at all against Rousey. Rousey is -1800. You'd have to be crazy to lay odds that big, but it is a sure thing. I give Bette zero chance. It will only go to the second round if Rhonda carries her.
Rhonda needs to stop ducking Cyborg, and meet her @ 140 pounds. That's her only real competition, unless she started fighting men. Why duck the only female who might actually give her a fight?
m314: the other thread was closed, due to two people arguing. Someone wasn't being politically correct enough, so the thought police had to shut down the entire thread, even though it was 99% positive/informative.

mahps

I like watching this sport but in italy people follow only football, the others sport aren't famous like football! I don't like this mentality because the ufc's CEO, Lorenzo Fertitta is italo-american. In this time I'm supporting Fabricio! Bye

Dr.King

Veteran
What happened to the other thread? I've been away for a few weeks.

This weekend will be fun. Ronda should win and make it look easy, but you never know. Anything can happen in MMA. Shogun / Little Nog and Struve / Big Nog should be good, and Bigfoot / Palelei.

Maia / Magny and Cavalcante / Cummins are on the prelims for some reason. 4 people I've never heard of are on the main card.

The reason that thread and many other MMA threads online have been taken down by the UFC is I believe they did a mass wide thread or post delete to anyone saying the Chad Mendes vs Conor Mcgregor fight was rigged. It may not have been rigged but Chad did take a fall after Conor lightly hit him after getting back up. In the reply you can clearly see Chad look at Conor right in the eyes before he was going to swing. Chad dropped his hands and barely got hit and Herb Dean stopped it after that. I knew how bad it was getting in Soccer, Boxing, Football and other sports but I thought I could count on the UFC to not take dives. This thread will probably get deleted shortly after I post this because the forum provider will basically get threatened by someone.

Everyone keeps talking about how it was a dive but everything keeps getting deleted every where on all sites, even Facebook and other big sites. I will never buy a UFC again, luckily I'm smart enough and can download them for free. I was buying UFCs for support but fuck that sorry.

RetroGrow

Veteran
It wasn't taken down by the UFC. Get serious. It was taken down by admin because 2 guys were arguing.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As to the last thread we got a 'troll' or whatever in on the last few days. He was all about fight fixing and other shit. He was the troll that tipped that thread into the dumpster.

If you guys want to disagree then fine, try to keep it above a child's level. I disagree with closing the other thread btw.

Rousey will finish the other girl in the first unless she chooses otherwise imo. The other fighters are kinda old like the Nog bros, Bigfoot and nothing too interesting going on.

I will try to follow it on the streams no way I will purchase this. Next fight I buy will be Conor and Aldo. If Jones gets back to a title fight that is another one to buy. Cormier and Gus fight is just the runner ups having a fight, not a real title fight.

Dr.King

Veteran
Telling the truth about what really happened is what got that thread took down dude. If you did a bunch of UFC dive thread searching you would find hardly any now because Dana is all about the money. It is really getting sad to where people just don't care anymore about people taking dives or cheating. The people in this world are getting pretty ridiculous how it is all about money and nothing more. I don't even want to be around or talk to people that are like that. Sad it seems like 90% of the world is like that. I see it up here all the time and it's to sad.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bette has no chance at all against Rousey. Rousey is -1800. You'd have to be crazy to lay odds that big, but it is a sure thing. I give Bette zero chance. It will only go to the second round if Rhonda carries her.
Rhonda needs to stop ducking Cyborg, and meet her @ 140 pounds. That's her only real competition, unless she started fighting men. Why duck the only female who might actually give her a fight?
m314: the other thread was closed, due to two people arguing. Someone wasn't being politically correct enough, so the thought police had to shut down the entire thread, even though it was 99% positive/informative.

I was arguing too, at least a couple weeks ago. I thought I had just witnessed one of the greatest UFC events of all time. More so for the Lawler / MacDonald war than Mendes / McGregor, but still one of the best and most entertaining UFC events of all time. There's no point in arguing about it now.

Ronda should win easily. There's no guarantee until it actually happens. I remember Tyson / Douglas and GSP / Serra. I think Ronda will win this easily and then beat Miesha easily for a 3rd time in her next fight.

I wouldn't call it "ducking" Cyborg if she wants to stay in her own weight class. A superfight with Cyborg would be the biggest fight of her career, money wise and in terms of historical significance. I hope it happens.

I actually hope Ronda beats Cyborg and then retires from the fight game to make movies. I like her and would like to see her go out on top as the undefeated champion. It's way early to talk about retirement. I just don't want to see her keep fighting too long like Anderson, BJ, Chuck Liddell, and the other all time greats. Retiring undefeated and becoming a movie star would mean she's forever remembered as the GOAT in women's MMA.

Miraculous Meds

Dr. K, I respect ur opinions sir, but please if u want to explore that topic feel free to make ur own thread. this thread topic is for the positive exchange of ufc n mma fans.

retro, what about Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. ronda rousey! I still say this would be the best match up. jj eats a couple cheeseburgers, n rr throws a couple up. lets get it on!

m314, so ur in the retire the champ camp eh? I understand that mentality of creating the legend. But if ur not worried about image n love what ur doing, im in favor of seeing people go as long as they care too, barring serious physical damage being done to them. but that's their right.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
m314, so ur in the retire the champ camp eh? I understand that mentality of creating the legend. But if ur not worried about image n love what ur doing, im in favor of seeing people go as long as they care too, barring serious physical damage being done to them. but that's their right.

It's their right to do whatever they want with their careers. Ronda isn't old or declining in her skills and abilities. She's just been talking about getting out. I hope she does because Iike her personally.

I thought Anderson Silva should have retired after the rematch with Sonnen. How would he be remembered today if he had gone out on top as champion? Instead of getting destroyed brutally by the younger and stronger Weidman, and then getting busted cheating in the Diaz fight. How would BJ Penn be remembered now if he had retired as champion? It's natural for fighters to want to keep fighting. It's what they do. That doesn't mean every great champion has to keep fighting until they'rd obviously past their best and lose badly to some younger fighter they would have beaten in their primes.

GSPfan

Veteran
It would have been nice to see Silva go out on top but those losses to Weidman were anything but destructions and Silva could possibly reclaim his belt if this steroid scandal blows over before Silva really gets too old (not likely unfortunately). Regardless, he would need at least 2 more top 5 wins to to be one up on GSP for having the best record and therefore goat. So I guess it really doesn't matter if he went out on top because he wasn't undefeated and GSP had more/better wins.

Miraculous Meds

the whole image thing doesn't resonate with me. I do not like seeing a great fighter getting beat cause hes past his prime. but they will never know unless they go ahead n fight if they feel like it.

To me silva n penn are legends in the sport, n some late career losses cant change that for me.

Just saw rousey in entourage. she was actually pretty decent for a sports person in a movie. got a real kick out of the "last 60 seconds with me, n ill let u fuck me" line. lmao, I was rooting for turtle!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unfortunately I see fighters that should have quit in every or nearly every card. The Nog bros, Bigfoot are three that should have quit already.

These guys are not normal specimens, they are hyper competitive and it does not just go away as their abilities fade.

I might be a jerk for watching fights at all but am not that much of a jerk to want injury and I guess humiliation for anyone. If people will pay to see a fighter, how can you tell him not to fight cause you know he will not do well and is getting his body torn up?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
At least the Nog / Shogun fight makes sense in terms of matchups. They're both past their primes. It might end up being a great fight like Shogun / Henderson.

It's easy to say they should retire as a fan. It must be tough to make that decision for yourself. Dan Henderson knows he's past his prime. He keeps fighting because he loves it. It's what he was born to do. Life will be less exciting after a career like that.

Miraculous Meds

There is the occasional story like randy couture, who came back late in his career n won championships by changing weight classes to match up with someone he knows he can have an advantage against. Who'd he take out to get the heavyweight? Tim Silva I think.

Or in boxing, I believe Foreman did the same thing, at like age 47 or something crazy. makes for amazing stories, that's for sure.

RetroGrow

Veteran
9:30 PM
BETHE CORREIA 1.5 +285 +1050

RONDA ROUSEY 1.5 -345 -1850
9:00 PM
ANTONIO NOGUEIRA 1.5 -170 +175

MAURICIO RUA 1.5 +145 -205
8:35 PM
GLAICO FRANCA 2.5 -120 -172

FERNANDO BRUNO 2.5 EV +147
8:10 PM
REGINALDO VIEIRA 2.5 -140 +270

DILENO LOPES 2.5 +120 -330
7:45 PM
ANTONIO NOGUEIRA 1.5 +120 +145

STEFAN STRUVE 1.5 -140 -170
7:20 PM
ANTONIO SILVA 1.5 +150 +180

SOA PALELEI 1.5 -175 -210
7:00 PM
JESSICA AGUILAR 2.5 -255 +360

CLAUDIA GADELHA 2.5 +210 -500

Times:pacific

Dr.King

Veteran
It would have been nice to see Silva go out on top but those losses to Weidman were anything but destructions and Silva could possibly reclaim his belt if this steroid scandal blows over before Silva really gets too old (not likely unfortunately). Regardless, he would need at least 2 more top 5 wins to to be one up on GSP for having the best record and therefore goat. So I guess it really doesn't matter if he went out on top because he wasn't undefeated and GSP had more/better wins.

This is just to funny :laughing:. Saying GSP is better then Anderson Silva. There has never been anyone like Anderson Silva in the UFC or MMA ever. He was so fast and elite, he destroyed everyone. Anderson saw things before they actually happened in super slow mo then reacted before they knew what hit them. He even has a standing backwards elbow knock out, only one in history. Dana, the Fertitta brothers, Big John, Joe Rogan, Mike Goldberg and just about everyone else who has been watching MMA before the UFC came out all clearly state Anderson is by far the Best Pound for Pound in the history of the sport.

GSP is number 2 on my list to set the record straight bar none. The difference between GSP and Anderson is that Anderson finished everyone. It's like saying GSP is some nice 25%+ THC cannabis but Anderson is more like Shatter glass 80%+ THC :biggrin:.

Latest posts

Latest posts