What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colloidal Silver vs Tiresias Mist

JohnnyAMS

I just ran a side by side test of Colloidal Silver vs Tiresias Mist. To me there was no difference except that Tiresias Mist is priced way way to high. I think it is really Colloidal Silver.
I make my own it is easy and cheap. For some reason the store bought didn't work.

uthenger

I just ran a side by side test of Colloidal Silver vs Tiresias Mist. To me there was no difference except that Tiresias Mist is priced way way to high. I think it is really Colloidal Silver.
I make my own it is easy and cheap. For some reason the store bought didn't work.

Hello, how you plan to make your own colloidal silver? Using electrolysis in water with silver electrodes (both anode and cathode)? Or you can buy more cheaper in a homeopatic pharmacy?

SpaceJunkOG

does anybody recommend a certain brand of store bought, pre-made CSS or STS aside from Tiresias Mist?

I have read many great informational tutorials on ICMag about how to make your own CSS, but I have an irrational fear of being electrocuted which sorta prevents me from making something using batteries and water!!! (yes, it's irrational).

Has anybody used this stuff - "Tiresias Mist?" I was hesitant to purchase, but it was really the only thing I found that looked promising. Apparently High Times rated it "product of the year 2012" for being a "standard of reliability for all growers to use." FWIW. I just got it in the mail today and I have a couple female clone-only's i need to gather pollen from.

I hope the OP is correct about it being the real deal and just overpriced - i can live with a little overpriced. so to the OP / JohnnyAMS - what was your experience with the Tiriesas? You said you ran a side-by-side: would you mind elaborating on the experiment, what you did, and what the results looked like, if you would be so kind?

Also any other suggestions on where / what brand to purchase if anybody has any, as I can't be tryna make my own at home and end up like Doc at the top of the clock tower with an electrocution afro.

Thanks!
SJ

C

Collembola

hello,

check ebay / amazon / similar.

i think you just need about 30ppm upwards (although haven't done it myself before (...intend to soon)

i.e. search "colloidal silver 30ppm" and look for a big reasonably priced bottle, as usually the little ones are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced.

i think they keep.

people use it for skin treatment and all sorts i think.

i wouldn't buy horticultural branded stuff, unless for some explicit reason...

regards,

Adze

Bionic,

No, CS makes females produce pollen if you want to reverse a male you want ethephon.

Check this from SamS:

Fertile female flowers can be induced in male plants by ethephon (2-chloroethanephosphonic acid) and NIA 10637 (ethylhydrogen-l-propylphosphonate). Interestingly, stamens could be seen arising even from fruits. Stopping the application of growth regulators caused the plants to revert to their original sex. We hypothesized that in Cannabis, GA and ethylene act as male and female hormones respectively, and that the expression of sex is controlled by a balance between their endogenous levels. Abscisic acid (ABA) is able to overcome the GA induced male flower formation (Mohan Ram and Jaiswal 1973; Mohan Ram and Sett 1985).

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I make my own cs ..cheap and works..looking to up the volts tho.....I am all about self suffiency..if I can make something/gather..i do...I got my new cs gen design in my gallery..does anyone know if there is an optimum/maximum voltage???????..was using 18volts batteries and want to use some kind of charger instead..and I like more power in general like the tool man...yeehaw

is there a thread on how to use this Tiresias mist? i'd like to know more information on when to use it and how long and how to cross breed strains with it.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
is there a thread on how to use this Tiresias mist? i'd like to know more information on when to use it and how long and how to cross breed strains with it.

Buy colloidial silver and skip the TM. I have used both, and the CS is cheaper and you get more. Spray the plant that you wanna reverse just before lights out, or during lights out. Do that for 2 weeks. I have noticed that once I stop spraying is when the plant starts to reverse.

To make hybrids, just do like you would with a male plant. Put plants to want seeds in, in with the plant your spraying, and wait for pollen to start flying. Make sure the plant your spraying is away from the other plants when you spray it, or else you run the risk of reversing every plant the spray gets on.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
how about breeding two strains together like say Sunset Sherbet, and Cookies and Cream which are feminized clones? not using males.

The same process I described above. Spray which ever plant you want to be the pollen donor. When that plant produces male flowers, put it in with the other female plant(the one you want seeds in) and boom, you just crossed two female clone only's.

It may be beneficial to manually shake the female plant with male flowers over top of the other plant, once the pollen sacks are dropping pollen. That way your guaranteed some seeds in the plant you want seeded. A by-product of this process will be s1 seeds in the plant you sprayed.

Latest posts

Latest posts