What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bad plant, not sure why

Suntana

Here is a picture of plant that is done some really weird funky things and I am not sure why anybody have any ideas? image.jpg

Suntana

Yes, I have two plants that lok like this out of ten. Definitely no mites, I've examined then closely. They have looked like this since birth, I thought it was a problem during its first few days of life and I would be able to correct it and bump them along. I'm lost!

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
why does everyone jump straight to broad mites lol? it looks like it's either natural growth pattern/mutated, possibly too wet or too much food. i'm leaning towards too wet myself.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
scoping for pests would be one of the first thing id do. especially since it looks similar to mite damage.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
you guys need to grow more plants from seed and less clones if you've never seen a plant that comes out mutated with "cabbage leaves", a plant that small hit with mites would have been dead before he could take the picture.

Last edited:

Druna

ye the soil looks like its been wet for some time, let it dry out and feed it low and not often and it should come back

Suntana

Druna, you were very correct, feeding that plant on the same feed schedule as the healthy ones was not helping. That sick mongoloid plant should of been in intensive care much sooner, it's recovering but way behind now lol
If I had a pest problem I would of never posted for help! That's an obvious issue. Not a mystery problem lol
Next grow coco, much better drainage! If you try to flush pro mix it stays wet for way to long. It needs a lot more perlite.
Live and learn!