What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Kush

RonSmooth

Veteran
Love this weather.

picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I'm flowering a cut right now and the fan leaves started looking very rusty then necrotic around week 4.
Your fans look kinda messed up too, any comment?

RonSmooth

Veteran
They didn't start showing that until week 9. I just let it go.

Are you using RO water or "soft" tap water by any chance?

My money's on Ca def.

RonSmooth

Veteran
Here are some dry shots. Each bud is just a dense, dredlocks of calyxes and they glisten almost white with trichomes.

It stinks.

I feel like I should say that again because it really does reek.

All of the SK's stretched a LOT. Like 4x starting size. The branches ended up long and lanky and had to be supported. Also led to maxing out my headroom too soon which in turn led to heat stress.

The buds are much denser this time around but still very asymmetrical. Might be a characteristic of the strain.

Anyway, great strain in terms of potency, aroma, trichome coverage, clayx:leaf.

Down side would be the obscene stretching/lanky branches.

Definitely keeping this and Iced GRapefruit for the next 5 or so runs.

picture.php
picture.php
[

Last edited:

Druna

How is the taste ? Fuely ? Im looking for a good fuel plant but i havnt had any luck getting any plants which will taste fuelly, i had it amster but havnt found a pheno of my own :(

RonSmooth

Veteran
I use BHO exclusively nowadays and the oil from this strain is my favorite.

Tough to find adjextives to describe the taste but it abounds in the BHO. If it were a fragrance, I'd call it "Essence of Sour Kush"

Skunky, Sour, Floral, Exotic... Sour Kushy???

The fuel notes are there but without a cure and no real baseline for comparison, I can't say.

Not to mention I am a relative novice and any lack of quality is more likely to be something I did than an issue with the strain.

One Love 731

Veteran
Pretty girl ya have there Ron, nice work.

I'm flowering a cut right now and the fan leaves started looking very rusty then necrotic around week 4.
Your fans look kinda messed up too, any comment?

Don't quote me but I find this to be the case when a strain is magnesium starved. I give mag supplement 10-14 days before initating flower and continue until flush. Also I transition feed high ppm 1/2 and 1/2 veg flower nutes for the first 15-20 days of flower. Has made all the difference in the world with all cuts but a full different world for the more finicky ones (OG's, sour's and haze crosses)1:ying:

RonSmooth

Veteran
Pretty girl ya have there Ron, nice work.

Don't quote me but I find this to be the case when a strain is magnesium starved. I give mag supplement 10-14 days before initating flower and continue until flush. Also I transition feed high ppm 1/2 and 1/2 veg flower nutes for the first 15-20 days of flower. Has made all the difference in the world with all cuts but a full different world for the more finicky ones (OG's, sour's and haze crosses)1:ying:

See my post regarding water source. Ca & Mg usually travel together.

Thanks for the informative thread and awesome pics. Might have to give RP another go after seeing this! My OG #18 from their old stock was super dank, but I haven't tried their stuff recently.

RonSmooth

Veteran
I have to say, this is one of the best strains I have ever had. And every person who tries it says the same thing.

The first waft off a sealed jar has made people stumble.

I have been doing 1-6 dabs daily for the last year and a half. 3 single calyxes in a little glass spoon and I put it down.

Exceptional.

And I'm not even doing it right. I can't wait to see 5 or 10 grows from now. This one isn't going anywhere.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Must say they are some dank as frack looking plants there mate :good:
Nice work with this line :D
:smoke out: