What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bluemoonrocks (BMR) grow out

C

cyber echo

Hello all,
I just flipped a few bluemoonrocks females a few days ago and thought I would share pics and some updates every week or so until they are done.

Haven't done a proper grow diary in a while and BMR is more than worthy of one.

But first, let me show you my results with the previous run of them that were not so perfect, since the plants ended up being around way taller plants, low exposure, and some EC/pH problems.

I'm using 600w hps/mh bulbs btw...

(BMR #2)
MQAF5.jpg

(BMR #1 & #3 on top, other strains bottom)
ofT9W.jpg

I grew those plants from seed and ended up with 3 different females, two of them (#2)were generally odorless with a mild sweet scent, and one (#1) has an extravagant blueberry/diesel/menthol/candy type of smell thats extremely complex. #1 is also the most potent and euphoric. I always laugh my ass off if I smoke this with friends.

C

cyber echo

Anyhow here are a few of the current plants a few days into flower, theyve been vegged for quite a few weeks.
The stockier ones are in hydroton, while the stretchier ones are coco.

Sorry for the yellow cast I had these taken with HPS on and didn't adjust white balance, did so with newer pics tho...

(#3 hydroton)
W40Kg.jpg

fELXE.jpg

(#1 coco)
hLbBx.jpg

(Whats going on with icmag img limits ?)

C

cyber echo

(#1 hydroton)
QFaNo.jpg

(#2 hydroton *smudged out some details* :) )
HRV9O.jpg

The same pheno looks completely different in coco/hydroton in terms of internode length and leaf size (being bigger in coco) and stem girth.

I'll get more pics when it starts to get interesting :)
Hope you enjoy the show

And ofcourse thanks BOG for these genetics. I have a pack of bluekush left I need to pop soon....

C

cyber echo

I popped that pack of blue kush I had. Guess this thread will also cover a grow of blue kush :D
I'll update thread with pics at the weekend, hopefully then the blue kush babies will be up as well.

AbaZabba

This is a BOG strain I have always eyed, what are the key traits to look for in a keeper BMR from seed?

Ganja Maker

I'm down to see this thread. I believe theses are in the medley mix I just copped and the blue kush as freebies. Subscribed

C

cyber echo

@AbaZabba:
I'm not an expert on BMR as I only got 3 females out of a pack (bummer huh?), however I did get one really nice specimen (#1) that reeks of a real special blue-type smell and the potency seems to be real nice. However their last run was not so perfect as I mentioned and hopefully this time around I can show (&smoke) them at their full potential :)

@Ganja Maker:
Welcome aboard ! Blue moon rocks is 1/3 of the most recent medley yes. I'm sure you'll enjoy these, each female I got was nice, nothing bad, but I will have to run them again this time to see them at full potential. That being said BMR is more potent than many other plants I've run at full potential already, so thats promising.

C

cyber echo

Woops I forgot to post pictures yesterday.
Here's how they look now, not much has changed yet. Interesting pics will be coming in the next week or two I hope.
BMR #1:
Wc9lS.jpg

BMR#2:
ahfaC.jpg

BMR #3:
Zw6Ol.jpg

The Blue Kush seeds are coming up today !
I'll have pics of the babies later on today or tomorrow when all of them are up.

C

cyber echo

Time for an update,
The last few days saw the room starting to fill up nicely with pistils.
Hope the buds keep getting bigger and bigger !

I'm already seeign resin on all 3 plants, with #1 having the most resin, and the most delicious resin smell I've ever experienced. #2 has a similar aroma but seems to be better yielding but less resinous, but too early to tell now.

(for security reasons I am having to take closeups as to not reveal details of whole room... sorry about that. I'll try taking them out for a solo picture when they are worthy of it)
BMR #1:
c4JcP.jpg

BMR #2:
6wWYI.jpg

BMR #3:
IbOGu.jpg

B

BlueJayWay

Yeaaa BMR lookin good my man! Blush gave me a keeper or two from 8 beans ;)

C

cyber echo

Eh... I only got 3 blue kush beans to pop...
My damn fault...
I've been popping lots (200+) "easy" seeds and I didn't know that sourbubble seeds are generally tough to germ, so I popped them straight in rapidrooters and it wasn't so good for em. 6 of them rooted and never came up out of the root riot, and the ones that did come up needed to be helped out of their shells/husks. Ouch.
One bean hadnt popped a root yet so i precracked it and threw it in coco, so maybe I get a 4th plant. Better than nothing. If I get unlucky and get 4 males they will still be very valuable, I will cross them to my best BMR plants and maybe get a more blueberry dom blushxbmr.

Looks like the next "sour" beans i run are gonna be soaked, precracked, and prolly popped in coco rather than a rapid rooter.

Bluemoonrocks were popped in rockwool and I got 12 plants from 10 seeds lol...

@BlueJayWay:
Thx ! I hope they yield better than my last run since lights are so damn close to them and beaming in the light. They look like they love tons of light.
I think after seeing your Sour Grapes I am gonna get those next instead of another lot of bluekush.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I think I'll tag along here. Have always been interested in the BMR. Love my euphoric highs..

Best of luck Cyber Echo

C

cyber echo

Thanks for the kind words mates
A miniupdate before the weekly update @ sunday:

uGRQz.jpg

olXQ6.jpg

fmTrN.jpg

Ganja Maker

Things are looking good and healthy Cyber.

Did the three blue kush seeds pop? also I was wondering what you were feeding your ladies.
Keep up the good show.

C

cyber echo

The 3 blue kush that went up are healthy and fine. I wish I got more but oh well. Either ways if I get 2 males or 2 females I might get lucky and have some nice specimens to make F2s or cross it to bmr #1&2. Guess I'll have to make lemonade with these lemons.

As for what I'm feeding I use Canna Aqua Vega a+b + rhizotonic (1ml/L only, first 3 weeks) in veg, recirculating at ec 0.6-1.4 in veg with 8 10-minute waterings per day (drip rings)
As for flower, I'm using Canna aqua flores a+b at ec 1.4-1.6 and adding ec 0.2-0.4 bcuzz blossom builder tabs, and 1ml/L bcuzz bloom stimulator once every 4-5 days to rez. Total ec in flower is 1.6 to 1.9 when the rez is set. EC typically goes up 0.1-0.2 before I top the rez again. Also number of waterings is down as I only water once after lights go off.

Hope that helps.