What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Penguin's Micro Grow II- Aurora Indica

Penguin59

Hi BT! Yeh these two are quick finishers that's for sure, it's been neck and neck the whole way until now when AI 2 has pulled in front slightly. She'll be the more stoney one if I cut them both tomorrow as she's a bit more developed. Thanks for checking back in brother!

About adding more plants, man if only I could! Have a deal worked out with Mrs. Penguin that I only grow two plants max at any one time. It sucks, but it's a compromise I was fine to accept as it means I can have fun with my hobby but keep her happy too.

What I can do is take your advice about maximising the canopy space. I will swap from pots to plant beds for the next run which will give me more vertical space to work with. I plan to veg my next two plants longer in a SCROG style so they really fill up the whole tent.

To answer your questions, have just been feeding with plain water and fish emulsion all the way through but added a bit of black strap molasses during flower to beef up the flowers. My organic soil mix is pretty good and they haven't run out of nutes in the slightest.

Pics will be up Friday of the harvest!!!

Penguin59

Hi there Joeski! Great to have you onboard mate. Yeh it has been a quick one indeed, 7 weeks flowering tomorrow or 50 days all up. Gotta love these pure indica strains!

Thanks OZZ_, hope you can stick around for the finish buddy. Your harvest looks like it's just around the corner too!

Santa1949

Wanted to stop by for a toke!:blowbubbles: Thanx for lookin' at my bag grow.....

Going to do a Buydutchseeds.com Aurora Indica DWC grow after DryCounty3 flowers out in 3/4 weeks......

Last grow dropped the Newbs off the end of the couch.......

I have a "Bud" and just rolled a butt----sittin' in my chair watching....

Thanx for the show...."May you survive what comes next."

YOUR SHORT GROWS LOOK GREAT......KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

Penguin59

No probs Santa. You're just in time for the finale mate so you better be passin' that J on! Glad to have you onboard and thanks for the thoughtful words.

Will be chopping the girls later this afternoon when I get home from work (I'm a 9 to 5er) and will post more pics then. I'm chomping at the bit to get the fuck out of this soul sucking office and have some fun lol.

Penguin59

Thanks Joeski. Took me a couple of hours but I've manicured everything and the buds are currently drying in the tent! Will upload the pics and details of the harvest now.

Penguin59

Harvest! (Part I: The Chop)

Harvest! (Part I: The Chop)

Well folks, bang on 7 weeks flowering, both girls have been chopped, trimmed and laid out to dry. The whole process took about 2 hours all up and I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out.

The weigh ins:

Aurora Indica 1:

Main Cola: 43.80g Wet (10.95g Dry)

Total: 155.9g Wet (38.98g Dry)

Aurora Indica 2:

Main Cola: 23.38g Wet (5.85 Dry)

Total: 128.48g Wet (32.12g Dry)

Grand total: 2.5 Oz Dry!!!

Each dry figure in brackets above was calculated by subtracting 75% from the current wet weight. Gives me a very rough idea of what the final weights will be.

AI 1 was definitely the bigger yielder by a lot but was less resinous and has less of a fruity smell than her sister.
AI 2 was the more resinous and fragrant of the two but lacking in overall yield.

And now for some pics!

AI 2 Main Cola
picture.php

AI 2 Main Cola cont.
picture.php

AI 1 Main Cola
picture.php

AI 2 without main cola
picture.php

AI 2 in the tub, waiting to be trimmed
picture.php

Have added some more pics in the post below.

Penguin59

Harvest! (Part II: The Trim)

Harvest! (Part II: The Trim)

More Pics:

AI 2 Main Cola (Trimmed)
picture.php

AI 1 Main Cola (Trimmed)
This one was a behemoth!

picture.php

AI 2 all cut up and waiting patiently to be hung up to dry
picture.php

Both plants trimmed and drying in the tent in the dark
Evenly divided in the middle; AI 1 on the left, AI 2 on the right

picture.php

Temps in the tent are currently between 20c-21c (68f-70f) and RH is hovering around 50%-53%
I will turn the buds over once each day to dry each surface area evenly

picture.php

Considerations for Future Grows:

One thing I have learned for next time is that I should do more training and pruning, but not so late into flower. I fear that the late prune that I gave them at the end of week 4 may have contributed to a lower yield as they did not have much time to recover. Next run, I will grow the girls up to about the 4th node, then LST them over at a 90° angle and have them grow horizontally for a bit and then up as normal. This way I can encourage each lower growing tip fill in the canopy evenly and to grow to the same size as each other.

For the next run also, I will try to source some plant beds instead of using these tall pots again. I discovered very quickly just how little vertical space I have in this tent so I will try to start the plants off a lot closer to the ground next time.

Next Project:

Have had some DJ Short Blueberry seeds in my freezer for a good two years now that I've always wanted to try. A friend of mine also gave me some Nirvana White Rhino feminised seeds the other day so I may grow one of each. Would be cool to have two vastly different indica strains growing next to each other I think.

At the end of it all, I just want to let everyone know that all your kind words and advice along the way have meant a lot. A sincere thanks to each and every one of you for the great ride.

I will have a smoke report up in about a week's time!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Top Notch Bro :good:
It's a pity you had to chop those girls as they both look like they easily could of gone another couple of weeks, but still a great harvest mate ;)
:joint:

Santa1949

GREAT JOB!!!!!! Seems you have came a long way to this great conclusion!!!!
Enjoy and, "May you servive what comes next...."

Keep the faith....

Penguin59

Top Notch Bro :good:
It's a pity you had to chop those girls as they both look like they easily could of gone another couple of weeks, but still a great harvest mate ;)
:joint:

Thanks b00m! :gday:

You're probably right mate and if I weren't completely out of home grown smoke I would have let them go about one more week but desperate times...lol

About 90% of the trichomes were milky at harvest so we'll have to see how it all turned out in the smoke report!

GREAT JOB!!!!!! Seems you have came a long way to this great conclusion!!!!
Enjoy and, "May you servive what comes next...."

Thanks heaps Santa! Feels great to be at the finish line and to have these girls getting dryer by the day. Appreciate the nice words mate.

Penguin59

Awesome! Nice work in such a small space man .... enjoy :)

Heya OZZ_! Thanks for taking the time to check out the harvest mate. This small space has definitely made me a better grower that's for sure. I can tackle any space now haha! Will be watching your tent's final days intently buddy.

Yeah man, congrats are definately in order. :tiphat:

Thanks for the nice words and for sticking around till the end 5th. Means a lot coming from you!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Penguin, congrats on the harvest man. Those buds look pretty sexy all trimmed up. Pop those seeds!

Penguin59

Penguin, congrats on the harvest man. Those buds look pretty sexy all trimmed up. Pop those seeds!

Hahaha sexy is right mate! They're smelling even better too after 1.5 days drying. The main colas have lost about 12g in wet weight already!

I know this will taper off as the days roll on but still, it's pretty scary how much water weight they lose in the first days.

Thanks for checking in mate, will have a smoke report done soon enough :thank you:

Hey GJ Penguin! They look good! What are you growing next? And hows that AI? I know you smoked some of it already because your last post was 2 days ago... Hmm you're not stuck on the ceiling are ya? lol Congrats bro!.

Penguin59

Hi El Bandito! Thanks for taking a peek at the harvest mate. You're absolutely right, I am so excited already to be starting the next run. I will have to wait until the tent is free of all this drying weed but it will be ready to be taken out and cured by tomorrow so soon enough!

Penguin59

Thanks Krazy! I will be growing some of DJ Short's Blueberry and maybe some Nirvana White Rhino too for the next run. I love Nirvana but have always wanted to go top shelf with a breeder like DJ Short for a while now.

Haha you're on to me mate, I did give one of the smaller nugs a quick sample and let me tell you I am so stoked with the quality! Haven't indulged any more as I want the rest to be dried properly but I will upload a smoke report Friday or over the weekend.