What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stress_test's Secret Recipe

jjh1957

You say you put your clones into the flower room at 12/12 light, when first put into 6 in pots. when do you put them under 18/6 light for the veg stage?

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
You say you put your clones into the flower room at 12/12 light, when first put into 6 in pots. when do you put them under 18/6 light for the veg stage?

Since the clones are only without roots to supply nutrients for a couple of days at most, they continue to grow all the way through the cloning process.

There are several more days they vegetate in the beer cups while the roots expand to fill the cup and usually a couple days while they are all transplanted into the 6" pots.

But using this technique you won't really even notice much difference between clones that are flipped immediately after transplanting; and clones that are vegged for 10 or 15 days in the conventional cloning and growing manner.

In the first picture the room was still being put together, and the owners began cutting the clones from the mother plants and putting them into 16oz beer cups.
Keep in mind that they already have "some" roots. Most had visible roots of a couple inches, some just had barely visible roots. But the key factor is that they ALL had roots before even being cut loose from momma and were immediately growing once cut and placed into soil.

picture.php

This next picture below was taken the day they were flipped 12/12. You can see that there are different sizes of plants on the shelves: The different sized plants is because each shelf was transplanted on different days, top shelves were transplanted first, then the middle shelves, and then the bottom shelves. So those clones on the bottom shelves were actually cut from their mother plants about 3 days before the picture was taken, whereas the top shelf was cut 10 days before. So there is a three day gap between the top shelves and the bottom, with the middle shelves in between.

picture.php

Once they were all transplanted into 6" cups the light was changed 12/12 and was increased to 1K MH and 1K HPS for 10 to 12 days and another 1K HPS was added as the plants began to bush out.

16 Days after cutting them, they have always been able to up-take and the lower branches begin stretching for the lights.

picture.php

At 36 days from cutting the clones they have never had any time when they couldn't get water and nutrients because they have always had roots.

picture.php

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
excuse me, can you please tell me what the dilution is for the h2o2 mist? must have misseded it (jk) if you revealed that already.

instead of using ky jelly and hormones mixed, i applied rooting gel to the gauze part of a band aid and wrapped it around the wound (pinched spot). easy to see/find.

didn't want to start spraying them with something too strong. is 3% ok?

Stress_test

Veteran
Hey Trich, In the OP I posted a link to my other thread about H2O2.

ADD THIS AMOUNT OF WATER TO THIS AMOUNT OF 3% PEROXIDE
1 cup - 1 and 1/2 teaspoons
1 quart - 2 tablespoons
1 gallon - 1/2 cup
5 gallons - 2 and 1/2 cups
10 gallons - 5 cups
20 gallons - 10 cups
bathtub (approx 25 to 35 gallons) *12 to 17 cups * bathtub sizes vary. It is okay to use more water and/or less peroxide.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
what a thread for sure...such well pUt and thoughtful information laid out hear.....
U'r ability to explain and teach defiantly shines thru....U'r patients must surly gain more the medZ alone..... the knowledge it self is irreplaceable.....

TOP~NOTCH reading materials....... maybe even STICKY material sum~day

gonna keep me eye peeled for this one.....

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody have any idea what happened to ST ??? is he still around ??? the dude was a wealth of knowledge & i miss reading his stuff .

Stress_test

Veteran
Anybody have any idea what happened to ST ??? is he still around ??? the dude was a wealth of knowledge & i miss reading his stuff .

Hey folks!

I'm here and I always try to stop in and keep up, but I have been having to travel 5 hours every other day for medical and doctor visits So it's difficult sometimes to clear my mind and contribute here

However, I am feeling better lately and should be done with most of the long trips in another month or so...

I promise that I will try and fill in the blanks in this thread ASAP.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good luck brother with whatever illness your going through :comfort:

I thought i read that you got a new job as well .... i hope you still come back to finish this & talk with us . you have alot to do ... i know , but your wealth of knowledge has helped me ALOT & i hope to be able to pick your brain some more !!! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts