What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Golden Gustavo

S

Smoke Buddy

Please light a fatty if you feel so inclined, for the life of my best friend and companion for the last 8 years.

Gus was a Golden Retriever with a heart as big as a house and a kindness that transcends species. The sadness and sudden emptiness is extreme. I cant even say I miss him, it wouldnt do the moment any justice... I am not there yet... Im just empty and crying like a baby now.

He was fine a week ago. Then, couldnt hold down his food suddenly on Thursday... been a bad few days since then. So, apparently he had cancer all over his inards... never let on at all. happy go lucky and kind.. reverent, loving, peaceful boy he was.

Im a solitary man these last few years after the last divorce and Gus was always there for me.. truely my best friend and compannion. always sensing mood and giving joy... always...

Now Im going to figure out how to stay real busy for a while.. Im fine but that dog was a saint.

Thanks for listening and please light one to Gus and all your dogs who have been lost.

peace,

Smokebuddy

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel your pain, SB. Stay strong. Nothing like the love of Man's Best Friend. RIP,GUS.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Wow man, I don't even know what to say, you have my condolences. I'd be devastated, my doggy is my best friend. Take care man...

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear that man. I've got 4 dogs of my own so I know how deep the love is....

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So sorry about gus SB :flowers2: Try to be strong and remember all the good times you had. So very tough to lose a beloved pet.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry to hear of your loss,my dear old girl passed not that long ago,it does get a little easier,not much tho

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
that sucks sorry to hear that.. I just recently added a baby pitbull to our family and would freak if something happened to him.. good luck and time heals.. peace.

sack

M

medi-useA

I'm soon to be facing a similar loss...I feel for ya man...and, sadly, sometime soon I'm gonna FEEL like ya are now...

Tearing up now as I type...

nuff said.

muA

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im sorry to here about your family member. We would not be who we are if we did not have them in our lives.

L

LolaGal

Aww. He is in the happy hunting ground now. He is having a lot of fun.

Sorry to hear about Gus...

I

idoreallytry

sorry man,,,bounce back and get Gus 2,,,soomewhere out there is another gus, lonely, needing a smoke buddy,,,think about how fun it will be be too fall in love with a new one,,,,peace man

mellomel

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
ICMag Donor
I came across this poem on here one day...and just had to write it down as I fell inlove with it...I hope this helps a little...

A PETS 10 COMMANDMENTS;
1) My life is likely to last 8-15 years. Any seperation from you is likely to be painful...

2)Give me time to understand what you want from me...

3) Place your trust in me, it is crucial for my well being...

4)Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up for punishment...you have your work, your friends, your entertainment...but I only have you...

5) Talk to me...even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your tone of voice when talking to me...

6) Be aware that how ever you may treat me, I will never forget it...

7) Before you hit me, before you strike me...remember that I could hurt you too...and yet I choose not too bite...

8)Before you scold me for being lazy or unco-operative...ask yourself if something might be lacking or bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, or haven't been walked enough or my heart might be getting old or weak...

9) Please take care of me when I grow old, you too will grow old...

10) On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. NEVER say you cant bare to watch...Don't make me face this alone, everything is easier for me if you are there because I love you so...

Makes me cry every damn time, but makes me feel good at the same time. I hope you like it just as much as I do. All the best..
Mel.
This is my best friend and this poem is for all our best friends...alive and gone...
picture.php

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im very sorry to hear about this. i recently became a pet owner myself for the first time.(my family has a dog) but when i moved i got one too... i got a 1 yr old pitbull. shes everything to me now. i dont know how id take it if something happened to her.

S

Smoke Buddy

Thank You all so much for your kindness and warm words. Helps make it a little easier. Gus was nothing but cool. I was thinking he was fine and he just ate a dirty gopher or somthing.. well he ate a lot of gophers.

It just brings up the recurring message to appreciate those gems in your life. I feel like I had the best relationship I could have with Gus. Couldnt have asked for a better dog. So the memories are and will be nothing but good. The kind of memories that will make me get another dog after a while.

Thanks again

itisme

Veteran
Seriously sorry to here that bro.....It is just me and my dog (Rocky) too...Truely man's best friend.

Latest posts

Latest posts