What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Short Rider from Nirvana

antiant

Have put in a order, with Nirvana, for some Short Rider seeds. Can' t seem to find much information on this species and Nirvana' s description of it is a bit vague. It is a cross between Top44 and Early Special, two Dutch commercial strains. While the Early Special does have Siberian Ruderalis genes, is the Short Rider truly autoflower? This is most important to me as I will be planting them outside and there isn' t much of a night where I live

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool keep us up to date as I was wondering if this was a real autoflower strain or just a light sensitive strain that just finishes really quick.

S_a_H

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
I just got my pack of 5 (fem) Short riders. Ill keep yall posted too. Im poppin them in a few days. :joint:

antiant

Still waiting on the seeds... I' m planning to take some cuttings of them after germination and see if I can clone them. If the cloning doesn' t work, perhaps they aren' t true autoflower (that or my cloning technique might just be crap).

antiant

That' s my point. If the cutting doesn' t take, then they are true autoflowers. Although, I might wait a couple of weeks before I take the scissors to them. Not sure what, if any, effect pruning AF' s has. But, I don' t want to hurt my babies :-/

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok autoflowers can be cloned.

But if it takes root it is going to continue to flower and never really produce anything because you cannot put it back in veg. So its just not worth the effort to do it.

So its a technicality of what you consider cloning.

Also if my mind serves me right someone on Highbred was using low temps to stop the flowering process and making clones but I am not sure.

S_a_H

antiant

Seems I somewhat misunderstood about cloning autoflowers. But, the rather vague sources of information about the Short rider that I have found does seem to indicate that it flowers according a 16/8 light cycle. So, I think I' ll be struggling to get my seeds sexually mature by the time we got 8 hours nights (17th of July) and taking cutting off them wont help that

antiant

Too early for any real news. They are growing quite nicely and I' ll be shifting them outdoors soonish. The strain seems reasonably stable, which I was surprised with. All five of the seeds sprouted and they all have three pairs of leaves (2 weeks after sprouting). But, there' s no pre- flowering or anything like that yet. They look pretty much like standard MJ in a veg state, at the moment...

Kirby_Tokin

Also if my mind serves me right someone on Highbred was using low temps to stop the flowering process and making clones but I am not sure.

S_a_H

I think that was GnomeGrown, now Icecoldcricket.. Or am i wrong? He experimented with it, and i think he delayed the flowering out to day 32 with low temps..

Kirby

Kizzattack

I think that was GnomeGrown, now Icecoldcricket.. Or am i wrong? He experimented with it, and i think he delayed the flowering out to day 32 with low temps..

Kirby

Wasn't alcohol or something also used to delay the autoflowering? I remember briefly reading about it a while back. I'm not sure if it was experimental, or whether it worked though.

I

IceColdCrickets

Kirby

Ya acutally it was day 42 with out showing sex. Longest I have been able to keep a true AF from flowering. But it was never exposed to temps higher then 58 degrees F, and never lower then 45 degrees F. Cold temp due in fact play a role with the AF trigger, how it does it is unknown.

Kirby_Tokin

Didn't you also put out a Lowryder pdf file with tecniques and facts about Lowryder? or was supposed to do that? Would it be possible to put it out here on IC?
And about the AF trigger, does it say much about autos in for example Marijuana breeders bible or marijuana botany if anyone has read some botany books about MJ?

Kirby

I

IceColdCrickets

ya i have most of the books and NO there are very little information about autos. Actually, there are books being writen now that will be done soon and only discribe Autoflowering Cannabis. I did write a huge thread on old HB but i lost all my work when HB went down. The thread was called "Understanding LowRyder" it was a bunch of info i gathered from all my experiments with LR and hybrids I and others created. Mostly LR because that is all there was at the time. That is when I found the Cold Temp AF trigger delay, and a few others like 20/4 being the best time schedule for AF plants, ect...

I guess I could redo it but man it was a lot of work and I don't think i have any of the pics now,, but i will look.

Kirby_Tokin

Yeah i've read that thread many times, and you can't find it on archive either.. But in the thread you said that you would put together a pdf file like a "book" with the same thing in your thread and more.. How did that go? I was not long on Highbred but i loved the site..

Kirby