What's new

"Pirates Cave" (and a Perpetual Sea Of Green)

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Are you sure those are roots? looks like a case of cooked roman noodles to me!!!!!!!!!! :)
Awsome grow man k+++

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
[B said:
Tonatiuh;[/B]2175878].....bomb ass post brotha,nicely done walk thru.i wouldnt be suprised if this was made a sticky...
idk whats the classifications on nominating a post for sticky but i am un-officialy nomin that post :joint:
even for me,a dirt guy that was a good read homie.
peace-T-
AAWWW Shucks........(as Pirate kick/slides his foot along the ground) I repeat what I said that last time you you gave me great props..........."Coming from the Dude with the highest viewed thread.......That means a lot" THANKS T

smokesalot420 ....I must spread more rep before giving it to Pirate.... sorry man, nice post, I'll be making a small one of those to SOG the left side of my tent!
Cool Smks420ALOT !! LOL. I hope you'll get some useful info from this.

moses224 .....GENIUS>>>>>NEED I SAY MORE?
I don't know about that...........I'm just passing along what I've learned. But Thanks !!

JACKtheREFFER .....You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pirate again.......NICE MAN this is a great addition to your thread !!!!love it man those roots look so good
Yo....JR. How we doing buddy? I appreciate the "Rep" coming my way. It's always the thought that counts.

HerbGlaze .....The roots I see here, I wish were my hair.. but no much growing there now a days. Anyways, great grow so far and your pretty set up by the looks of it!....1000th post!
OK.......I thought I was off my rocker when I suggested "eating the roots with sauce". Using it as Hair? Now we're into the Twilight Zone !! LOL. Just kidding man. (try the hair club for men):smile:.......1000th post ??!! Cool.

Frostynugz ........Wicked DIY post Pirate. I 2nd that this be made a sticky! Everything I've learned about aeroponics has been from following this DIY and I feel more than confidant I can do this. Time to put all the spare parts i have lying around to use!(The soil growers have lost another. Raise the flag to half mast.)........Nugz
Yes Nugs.........Anyone can do it. If ya read books or some threads they will tell ya flat out that ya need to be an experienced grower to get into Aero.......I pretty much threw myself into it from the get go and never had a problem.......You can too............(my flag is flying at 1/2 mast) !!

Peanut Butter ......wow that is a really nice DIY. If I wasnt so restricted on height I'd switch to this in a heartbeat. Just for reference, do you have to worry about rez/root-zone temps with aero? If so, what are you running at Pirate?

The instant adjustment and ability to view root growth is the reason I switched from soil to DWC. Just about any hydro grower would benifit from having a UPS on their water or air pumps. Great post! Love your write ups. mmmm cantalope....
Hey thanks PB.......Ya noticed the Cantaloupe thing. I get the feeling you like Peanut Butter.

The only time I worry about my Rez temperatures is during the summer time when my room tends to run hotter overall. I try to keep it in the 65 to 72 range with 70*F being the average. I've had it go into the upper 70s but never noticed any ill effects.

A BIG THANKS TO ALL !!

G

guest5703

fucking inspirational bro!!!! Wow you do so much hard work, and it shows through your buds!!! Congrats on being a serious grow god!!!!!!!

M

moses224

fucking inspirational bro!!!! Wow you do so much hard work, and it shows through your buds!!! Congrats on being a serious grow god!!!!!!!

I think Caligreen hit in on the head. Its threads like this that cause us experienced growers to keep coming back day after day,,,,,, GOOD VIBES

Just like i always say if you stopped learning your dead,,,,to think you can get roots out a pot that size is just awesome.....so temps me to switch from soil...i just am so comfortable with my routine i figure why change something thats working ...anyway dont mean to ramble......la8tr

L

LolaGal

I think I could make it after seeing the pics and the Tutorial! I'm pretty handy!

Let's see 4- 12 foot tables........(Lola does the math and faints!):D

resinball

hey pirate, i see you've grown speed queen, which i currently have my eyes on.i'm interested in this strain for it's relatively fast flowering time (55 days).how many days did you flower your speed queen for, to get those results?

on a less serious note, did you hear about that new pirate movie that's coming out...
it's rated ARRRR.

Pirate

Veteran
Got a Newsletter today from a breeder and thought I would share a slice !!

-"Hello, Is this the DEA"? ..."Yes, What can we do for you"....."I'm calling to report my neighbor..... Billy Bob Smith"! He is hiding marijuana inside his firewood." --- " OH...Thank you very much for the call, Sir." The very next day, DEA agents descend on Billy Bob's house and search the shed where his firewood is kept. Using axes, they bust open every single piece of wood, but find no marijuana at all. They swear profusely at Billy Bob before leaving. Then the phone rings at Billy Bob's house. -"Heya,......... Billy Bob!......... Did the DEA come?" -"Yeah!" -"Did they chop up all your firewood?" --"Yep."..........."Happy Birthday, Buddy!"

Got a Newsletter today from a breeder and thought I would share a slice !!

-"Hello, Is this the DEA"? ..."Yes, What can we do for you"....."I'm calling to report my neighbor..... Billy Bob Smith"! He is hiding marijuana inside his firewood." --- " OH...Thank you very much for the call, Sir." The very next day, DEA agents descend on Billy Bob's house and search the shed where his firewood is kept. Using axes, they bust open every single piece of wood, but find no marijuana at all. They swear profusely at Billy Bob before leaving. Then the phone rings at Billy Bob's house. -"Heya,......... Billy Bob!......... Did the DEA come?" -"Yeah!" -"Did they chop up all your firewood?" --"Yep."..........."Happy Birthday, Buddy!"

hahahaha, you awesome pirate. and that comment about zero gravity in your grow room ... both had me ROFL.

I can't even find the words to describe the Aero tutorial you just went through. I am saving the whole thing for use at my next spot. F-ing amazing man.

Keep up all the amazing work.

-sg

Pirate

Veteran
Pirates Current Strain List

Pirates Current Strain List

Hey Thanx Everyone !!

I thought I would up throw a list of my current strains.

OK Then.................Let's get to it:

Current Strains I am working with

• Satori (Mandala)
  • Speed Queen (Mandala)
  • HashBerry (Mandala)
  • Mandala #1 / Purple Pheno (You guessed it..........Mandala !!)
  • White Widow (Nirvana)
  • Purple Kush (SR-71 Cut.....Clone only plant)
  • AK47 (Serious Seeds)
  • Berry OG (Self made cross - HashBerry x OG Kush)
  • Northern Lights x White Widow (Freebie Pack / DR. Chronic)
  • LA Confidential x NYC Diesel (Freebies......DNA Genetics and ????)

I got more coming as I elliminate some of those. I made some seeds recently and I'm really excited to pop em. I'm just waiting for another harvest to get some other crosses I made that I am pretty sure is gonna get me a KEEPER. I wanna pop them all at the same time.

Here is a list of seeds I am waiting to finish. They are getting FAT. Man that's PHAT !!

• [*]White Widow x AK47 (self made White Russian)
    [*]White Widow X Chronic
    [*]Mandala #1 (Purple Pheno) x AK47
    [*]Satori x AK47
    [*]Berry OG x AK47
    [*](Northern Lights x White Widow) x AK47
    [*](Northern Lights x White Widow) x Chronic
    [*](LA Confidential X NYCD) X AK47
    [*](LA Confidential X NYCD) x Chronic

ABBIDDA ABBIDDA ABBIDDA...........That's all Folks !!........:Bolt:

G

greenhornets

hey pirate , man that is a sweet ass Aero tutorial . it WAS worth the wait :woohoo:. . i cant wait to turn my 4x4 ebb n flo table into areo table . just about all parts from good old home depot. how many 2 inch pots could ya fit in a 4x4 table.can ya get plexy that big ( 4x4). keep taking it to the next level brotha ,you keep inspiring others to reinventing the wheel when ya do . THANKS AGAIN ....:respect: :lurk: ..... i also vote for a sticky.. those roots are crazy large .. hair , ha ha thats funny. ya it does looks like beef ramen.

M

moses224

most definately best iv seen yet love how you compared all 3 levels of quality

Pirate

Veteran
hey pirate , man that is a sweet ass Aero tutorial . it WAS worth the wait :woohoo:. . i cant wait to turn my 4x4 ebb n flo table into areo table . just about all parts from good old home depot. how many 2 inch pots could ya fit in a 4x4 table.can ya get plexy that big ( 4x4). keep taking it to the next level brotha ,you keep inspiring others to reinventing the wheel when ya do . THANKS AGAIN ....:respect: :lurk: ..... i also vote for a sticky.. those roots are crazy large .. hair , ha ha thats funny. ya it does looks like beef ramen.
Yo man !! Glad ya liked it. Would ya believe I did it just for you ? !! (because ya kept on me) LOL.

Anyway, Yes you can get 4 x 4 plexi and you'd be able to get 81 STALAGMITES in there. That would be 1.5 inches off the outside edges for the outer rows and 5 inches on center for all the rest.

48" - 3" (1.5 per side x 2 =3)) = 45" / 5" = 9 sites per row. 9 x 9 = 81 total plants in a SOG. Run 2 tables and you can pull that every 30 days. YEEEHAWWW !!

That would be a 1.5 to 2.25 pounds dry weight potential on a 4 x 4 table with the right strain and lighting set up. (8 to 12 grams per plant) 14 grams average is a possibility if ya got a really good yielder.

Now Go Build it !!!

I'm building one today myself. Just waiting for some silocone to dry as I eat lunch.

Later Buddy !!...........:Bolt:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn pirate you sure are one DIY'n muh fuckah! Im amazed...

you have so many different plastic doohicky's that you have puzzled together....pretty damn interesting dude you are..

keep on keepin on..

peace, LW

random question ...

random question ...

hey pirate, you are running the mandala satori, right ? I was just wondering how she was and more specifically, how bad does she stink?

I have some limits on the stinkiness of my strains, so I was just hoping to find out before I order some of those seeds!

Thanks man!

-sg

Pirate

Veteran
hey pirate, you are running the mandala satori, right ? I was just wondering how she was and more specifically, how bad does she stink?

I have some limits on the stinkiness of my strains, so I was just hoping to find out before I order some of those seeds!

Thanks man!

-sg
Well......to be honest..........I might not be a good judge for the smell question because you get use to it after a while and I have many other strains going at the same time so it's hard to distinguse what smells up the room and what doesn't.

I can say that the individual plant when smelled or touched is stinky as hell. I have a hard time explaining the odor because it's very distinct.Almost fuely. I would say......If ya had a room full of just Satori............you would have an odor problem.

But a good filter system should handle that.

Here is one that is 3 or 4 weeks from the cut:
picture.php

This is the table She's on.
There are 40 or 50 satoris on this table (among other stuff)
picture.php

Hope that wasn't to vague.