What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Testing Ace Seeds diarie (Tikal, GT and few other)

I grow in cab for few year and I was looking for new strain. For almost 10 year, I was growing mainly some sativa hybrid I made, mostly base on a Super Silver Haze I had (from Mister Nice).

SSH x Blueberry
SSH x White Russian
SSH x White Widow (Backcross with SSH)
White Widow (a really special pheno famous in my area)

Like you see, my smoking life was base on SSH. I think the SSH I had still one of the best weed I ever see. But, I was ready to get out from it and try some other thing. After few research, I though Ace seed was the best breeder for what I was looking for. For the kind of strain they are offering, their presence on this forum and for the kind of answer Dubi give here. I like the breeder who push their customer to breed, try and make their own thing. And I was really looking for going out the mainstream weed from Amsterdam.

I bought some Tikal (reg), Golden Tiger (reg), Zamaldelica(reg) and received some Kali China (fem) and Bangi Haze (fem) as freebie. My friend bought some Malawi x PCK (reg).

Now I have for few year trying my new strain considering i'm growing in a cabinet and I don't want to trash my own hybrid.

So here I start my new adventure in the Ace seed world. I'm growing in soil, under a 600w HPS and i'm using mostly the BioCanna line (with few other thing)

I started my Tikal seed fews month ago, and few week later I put my Golden Tiger seed at work.

Here's a look of my cab at work

picture.php

My first surprise with my Tikal seedling was the shape on the 2 female I found. At the beginning I tought I had only male. The pheno #5 was so big and stud like shape, I never tought it could be a female !

picture.php

Tikal#1 was a weak male

Tikal#2 was finally a good male, so I harvest some polen for the futur

Tikal#3 never show up

Tikal#4 Is a beautifule female, bit bushier and earlier than #5 with short internode for a sativa

Tikal#5 is a stud like femal, never saw a female with that kind of shape.

Here some pollen for the futur ;)
picture.php

picture.php

I decide to test 2 plant of each Tikal pheno I had. Tikal#4 and Tikal#5. For each pheno, I have one with only 1 main cola, and an other with 2 main cola.

I did this because I think some plant is better with one main big cola and some produce more with multiple main cola. I'll weigth the result of each plant to have a idea for the next run.

At day 21 I was really glad with my Tikal, the side branch has closer internode than some on my SSH hybrid. With the density in my cab, its rare I see that kind of internode on my sativa.

Tikal#4 (my favorite for now) at 21 day
picture.php

picture.php

Tikal#5 Aka the monster at 21 day. Bit slower to build up, hopefully it will be finish under 14 weed, but I doubt it

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
On the side, my Golden Tiger show up and I made some cut to find out wich gender they are. I had 6 seed in my pack (I wont complain about it loll )

picture.php

GT#1 : Look like a female to me !! (I'll be sure about that in 2-3 days)

GT#2 : the weak link of the family, in the garbage they go

GT#3 : A beautifule Male, I'll wait to see the other, but for now It will be the one giving me some pollen

GT#4 : to be test later

GT#5 : to be test later

GT#6 : Look like a female to me !! (I'll be sure about that in 2-3 days)

GT#3 gender tester cut
picture.php

GT#1 gender tester cut
picture.php

GT#6 gender tester cut
picture.php

Like you see GT#1 and GT#6 are almost identical (for now). I Only have 4 slot for my gender tester cut, so GT#4 and #5 will be put on test next monday.

rlsmooth

Interesting topic and strains and you got nice growing skills too! Does your Tikal produce any smells at this point of flowering? Noticed that you were thinking it might go 14 weeks.. , I have this very slow Tikal as well :D

Interesting topic and strains and you got nice growing skills too! Does your Tikal produce any smells at this point of flowering? Noticed that you were thinking it might go 14 weeks.. , I have this very slow Tikal as well :D

Thank for being interrested about my topic. 2 days ago, I could'n smell anything, but today, as you were aksing about, I gave another try and Tikal#4 (earlier pheno) is starting smelling weed. Too soon to talk about what it is smelling, but hey, its only the beginning !

Tikal#5 there no odor yet, maybe a fine touch of sweetness but not much for now.

Did you already finish some Tikal run ? Did you smoked it yet ?

Today I can say that GT#1 and GT#6 are confirm female ! I'll have something to test in the next run !

GT#6 is definitly earlier than GT#1

Still have to find out wich gender are GT#4 and GT#5 (next monday)

GT#6
picture.php

GT#1
picture.php

And I didn't told you yet but theres an Kali China (fem received as a freebie) on the way !!! Not for indoor use this year, but i'll try it outdoor this summer. On the spec of Kali China, AceSeed was talking about a good strain who can resist some cold weather. Worth trying !

picture.php

My Mother's set up is starting to fill up ....

picture.php

Looking good, subbed!
Also nice mothers always something cool to see.

Thank Nup :)

Not always easy keeping some mother with a little set-up like mine, but I'm keeping some strain for 6-7 year now. (My White Widow is my "older" strain)

I dont keep any male, but I harvest some pollen from my best stud for futur use. I also can't keep a lot of pheno from a same strain, sometime I hard to choose.

Nup

Thank Nup :)

Not always easy keeping some mother with a little set-up like mine, but I'm keeping some strain for 6-7 year now. (My White Widow is my "older" strain)

I dont keep any male, but I harvest some pollen from my best stud for futur use. I also can't keep a lot of pheno from a same strain, sometime I hard to choose.

Small is nice, I can relate to it! Mad that they can keep going for that long... is it the same plant for so long, or do you change it with cuttings?
Spoiled by choice ;)

Small is nice, I can relate to it! Mad that they can keep going for that long... is it the same plant for so long, or do you change it with cuttings?
Spoiled by choice ;)

No not the same plant, I make some cut to start another mother over and over. But my present mother are really steady right now, from few tips I found on cannagraphic

Little update, I'm now at day 35, still looking good. Few leaves are turning yellow in the bottom of the plant, but I know sativa are often doing that without any problem and with the density of my cab, its normal. So I dont think i'll had more N in the mix.

Tikal#4 still really earlier than her sister. It is building up and I really love her structure, branchy but with a lot of flower in the side branch. It start to smell good, nothing strong, but a hazy/lemon touch is definitly there. Still soon.

Tikal#4 day 35
picture.php

picture.php

Tikal#5 is really slower than #4, flower are developping really slow and the plant is not building up yet. The smell is also not as present than #4. Bit more woody but hard to know yet. Considering i'm normally run for 12 week, I think I'll have to wait longer.

Tikal#5 day 35

picture.php

picture.php

I, saw my friend's PCK x Malawi and the structure is also really interresting ! Lot more indica than my own test, but he got 2 beautiful pheno who already smell sweet has hell and show some purple in the flower (He wished finding a redish purple-ish pheno). He really love them for now.

For now I can say, every strain from AceSeed I saw (without having try them yet) have reallly good structure and are growing as expected, healthy and full of promise. Can't wait to smoke them, but we are really not losing or money and our time testing them

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I grow in cab for few year and I was looking for new strain. For almost 10 year, I was growing mainly some sativa hybrid I made, mostly base on a Super Silver Haze I had (from Mister Nice).

SSH x Blueberry
SSH x White Russian
SSH x White Widow (Backcross with SSH)
White Widow (a really special pheno famous in my area)

Like you see, my smoking life was base on SSH. I think the SSH I had still one of the best weed I ever see. But, I was ready to get out from it and try some other thing. After few research, I though Ace seed was the best breeder for what I was looking for. For the kind of strain they are offering, their presence on this forum and for the kind of answer Dubi give here. I like the breeder who push their customer to breed, try and make their own thing. And I was really looking for going out the mainstream weed from Amsterdam.

I bought some Tikal (reg), Golden Tiger (reg), Zamaldelica(reg) and received some Kali China (fem) and Bangi Haze (fem) as freebie. My friend bought some Malawi x PCK (reg).

Now I have for few year trying my new strain considering i'm growing in a cabinet and I don't want to trash my own hybrid.

So here I start my new adventure in the Ace seed world. I'm growing in soil, under a 600w HPS and i'm using mostly the BioCanna line (with few other thing)

I started my Tikal seed fews month ago, and few week later I put my Golden Tiger seed at work.

Here's a look of my cab at work

View Image

Hi DocPouceVert :)

Thank you very much for your kind words, i really appreciate you want to explore some of our sativas strains after growing successfully your own SSH hybrids. Hopefully you can also produce nice hybrids with our strains.

The Tikals are having a good start of flowering, i would increase a bit the feeding (nitrogen too) to delay a bit the yellowing of the fan leaves, it's too early for that and with higher levels of nutrients properly provided the yield and quality will be better at the end.

Best wishes with all the strains!

Hi DocPouceVert :)

Thank you very much for your kind words, i really appreciate you want to explore some of our sativas strains after growing successfully your own SSH hybrids. Hopefully you can also produce nice hybrids with our strains.

The Tikals are having a good start of flowering, i would increase a bit the feeding (nitrogen too) to delay a bit the yellowing of the fan leaves, it's too early for that and with higher levels of nutrients properly provided the yield and quality will be better at the end.

Best wishes with all the strains!

Thank Dubi for the input ! :)

Long time ago I was readind "The ultimate Sativa thread" and I read that was normal to see sativa plant yellowing during a bit the flowering time. But like you said, maybe its a bit too soon yellowing for where I am in the process. I'll increase nute like you suggest.

I know that my nute mix is not that strong, but I usualy prefer to be in the weeak side than in the strong nute side cause i'm really afraid about PH going down (I had some bad experience with that in the past) Biocanna nutrient are not that dangerous for burning plant than I must have some room to increase the amount of it.

Thank again for your input, I really appreciate it and i'll listen to it :)