What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 light

Art112

I have a grow in a 2x4x5 3 plants in there and 1 in a 3 gallon and two in 2 gallons,
Ive had them since 2/23/18 lookin to see if I should switch over now to 12/12 I hear they double or even triple in size!?.. thank you!:tiphat:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Am I wrong or isn't that only about two weeks and change? Wait a minute, you aren't saying that they're 16 day seedlings, are you?

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...the auto will flower when it reachs whatever age it is genetically programmed to flower so i personally would be running it on a 24/0 light cycle, with the caveat that i don't run autos in my garden.

...the other 2 i think i'd be waiting until i could take at least a couple of cuttings before i flipped them to 12/12, this way you have the genetics backed up in case you find something special, you can't keep it if you don't clone it.

...oh yeah, in the future i would recommend that you post pictures with your questions so we can at least sorta see what you're talking about.

peace, bozo

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seed. 1 is a Auto flower

You actually minimize what an auto can do at 12/12. Should be at 18/6 or 20/4. Autos need only a brief period of rest before next light cycle. 24/0....although many run autos that way, I've seen no appreciable difference.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Without looking at your plants, i would say you could flip them to 12/12. It depends on how tall you want them to end up being, based on how much headroom you have.

Yeah, that's the thing about autos- they almost need their own grow space, or else they become the one really tall plant in your veg room.

Art112

7ADA1A69-C9B5-46B9-90D4-D13B138F7905.jpg

Art112

This is a few days old but there getting a little bigger.. I’m just worried about her getting bigger then my ⛺️..

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Your plants look ready to flower, I say flip 'em to 12/12.

As for your auto, you're either going to have to give her a room of her own, so you can continue 18/6 or even 24/0. Or else be happy with the limited success you're going to have trying to flower an auto under 12/12.