What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaves turning crispy but still Green

0x99

Hi all

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Specs:
Strain - rqs critical fem

Soil - roots organics original w dolomite lime amendment.

Feeding schedule - just organics a little topdressing of worm castings, and hit it with compost tea about a week ago.

Water - RO water

Runoff pH: 6.0

EC runoff : 1800

Humidity ~25%

Lighting: t5 flouros about 6-8 inches away

Temperature ~72F

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
1st thing I see is low humidity.

Below 40% plants take a long time to grow and looked stressed out.

Bring it up to 50% or slightly more and the leaves will be nicer. :tiphat:

nattyroots

A little spray of water on the leaves helps.

You are growing what appears to be a pretty Indica leaning plant so leaves that feel thicker and crisper (not sure if that 's exactly the case with your plants) can be expected.

But always keep a watchful eye.

Good luck.

0x99

A little spray of water on the leaves helps.

You are growing what appears to be a pretty Indica leaning plant so leaves that feel thicker and crisper (not sure if that 's exactly the case with your plants) can be expected.

But always keep a watchful eye.

Good luck.

Sorry that last photo was a little misleading. The leaves on the left are dying off. Could it be this plant was just thirsty and low humidity that caused this? I've never seen leaves die off and not turn yellow/brown w necrosis.

picture.php

0x99

I just brought the pH up to 6.5 with a pinch of baking soda in ro water. Hopefully either this is a) me not watering enough or something with pH being too low.

nattyroots

hey
did the plant ever go very limp for lack of water?
do the leaves look like they're clawing, like in over N fertilization?
getting enough air circulating around?
how big is that pot? are roots coming out of the bottom?

vulcanofilo

Tienes un virus, casi todos los cultivos que veo estan afectados.
Los bancos de semillas lo tienen, y lo reparten.
No hay solucion.

Athos

Leaves turning crispy?
The expression burned to a crisp rings a bell?

I've had that happen to me when feeding to early a seedling, at that stage they tolerate any kind of feeding not that well. Maybe your soil was already too hot and the addition of worm castings was too much.

Flush, flush, flush.