What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bgb and zam looking for a couple mums!!

GGNo2

Cheers for the words guys.
Lol I got a bad student here. I left him instructions to make up the solution for 12 of the plants as I couldn't Finnish what I was doing as he had guests arrived. Wrote it all down. 40ml rhizo, 2ml of pH down into 10litre of water.
Then 500ml into each pot.
Went there last night and he was complaining the rhizo wouldn't last long at that dilution.
I asked what made home think that.
He told me how he went about doing things.
He put 500ml into jug then added 40ml of rhizo and 2ml of pH down to the 500ml of water and watered plants. If that wasn't bad enough he took his dog into the tent which then proceeds to have a snack on some of the plants.
I will leave that with you, funny but not funny.

GGNo2

Sounds pretty damn frustrating....

Aye its just that. At 1st I literally shouted but then I had to laugh. The guy is the know it all type. Funny thing is when I was telling him how to water slowly he made this big show of don't tell him what to do and literally picked an egg up and sucked it saying that I was telling him how to suck eggs as he has watered tomatoes before. I told him well these ain't tomatoes and if you treat these indoor plants the same as you treat tomatoes in your backyard you will kill every crop.

I mean he waters his tomatoes with a hose pipe for a start.
Ive lost many crops in gaining the knowledge I have now and I still feel like I know very little.
I just wish he would listen, he don't take anything I say seriously.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
People have a problem understanding that there is no malice or talking down when being instructed.
What you need to say is that you know this watering thing should be easy but in actuality you need to do it in a specific way otherwise it will now work. Say that you respect his experience and knowledge but when it comes to indoor marijuana things are extremely different and that's why you are using high tech equipment and nutrients. Tell him it's more like laboratory science than gardening. And that you have to follow a specific recipe or sequence of doing things to he letter, otherwise It won't work.
Then tell him how one does it and why and what happens when you don't do it that way.
Sometime it's hard to sell product if there is pet hair in it. Pets bring pests that can cost you money or your crop and shitty pH and nutrients can kill plants fast.
You know all of this but he doesn't, so remind him that he can loose all the work and money he has put in by winging it.
People are more motivated by loss more than they are by wining.

GGNo2

People have a problem understanding that there is no malice or talking down when being instructed.
What you need to say is that you know this watering thing should be easy but in actuality you need to do it in a specific way otherwise it will now work. Say that you respect his experience and knowledge but when it comes to indoor marijuana things are extremely different and that's why you are using high tech equipment and nutrients. Tell him it's more like laboratory science than gardening. And that you have to follow a specific recipe or sequence of doing things to he letter, otherwise It won't work.
Then tell him how one does it and why and what happens when you don't do it that way.
Sometime it's hard to sell product if there is pet hair in it. Pets bring pests that can cost you money or your crop and shitty pH and nutrients can kill plants fast.
You know all of this but he doesn't, so remind him that he can loose all the work and money he has put in by winging it.
People are more motivated by loss more than they are by wining.

Ive told him this all before. I told him that plants indoors have none of the regular immunities that outdoor plants have. I told him the tent needs to be as sterile as possible.
Its all for nothing anyway. At the very beginning I told him that his electricity source had no way of handling the set up but he insisted he knew best.
Last night I put on all 6 lights for the 1st time.
Just been to spray for spider mites and the electrics had blown.
I'm done. I told him I quit and I don't give a fuck.
He won't listen, he knows best so he can get on with it I've walked away.

I'm not a rich man and all I have is my time. I'm not willing to risk that time trying to help a man that won't listen.
I know as I type I sound as though Im articulate but I can't express my sentiment of frustration verbally. If I get stressed I smash stuff because I am one of violence.
So I have no choice but to walk away for the good of others and myself.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I don’t blame you mate ... if he’s that slack on the small things he’s a bit of a liability.
It does my head in when people basically say ‘I need help, but I’m not gonna listen to a word you say’

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
It's like watching someone to whom you've just given specific instructions on how to swim properly and they almost drown every time they go into the water. Sad and frustrating.

If he won't listen when there's actual proof that you're right then he's probably going to fuck up and blame it on you.

GGNo2

Yes well my tantrum has possibly got him to take notice and he's getting an electrician friend around to do the work I originally suggested. We were running 6 x 600w lights, 10inch extraction, 8 inch intake and 3 air movement fans inside through a wire fed into a run of the mill 4 socket extension cord you buy from any hardware store.
HE'S lucky that the fuse blowing was the only thing that happened because I fully expected a fire.
Ive told him now he has to take me seriously. If he supplies the things I ask for I will produce for him.
Not today though, he has driven me to the jack Daniels so for the rest of my Sunday I'm going to chill.
As I said all I have is my time so for the next few hours I'm going to enjoy it and have a nap.
Enjoy your day too guys.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Seems like you got through to him... 3600w+ through a multi plug? Shit.... does he also like extreme sports??

Blazeee

Veteran
Yes well my tantrum has possibly got him to take notice and he's getting an electrician friend around to do the work I originally suggested. We were running 6 x 600w lights, 10inch extraction, 8 inch intake and 3 air movement fans inside through a wire fed into a run of the mill 4 socket extension cord you buy from any hardware store.
HE'S lucky that the fuse blowing was the only thing that happened because I fully expected a fire.
Ive told him now he has to take me seriously. If he supplies the things I ask for I will produce for him.
Not today though, he has driven me to the jack Daniels so for the rest of my Sunday I'm going to chill.
As I said all I have is my time so for the next few hours I'm going to enjoy it and have a nap.
Enjoy your day too guys.

Your friend is a fucking idiot

Everything you have posted is a perfect example of what NOT to do

scrogrow

Tbh gav I'm growing at my mates house and he's a bit of a alchy so I don't get to check the plants all weekend so it's a weekly struggle at the moment to fix any probs!!

However this is only until this one is down and I can get another set up!!

GGNo2

Tbh gav I'm growing at my mates house and he's a bit of a alchy so I don't get to check the plants all weekend so it's a weekly struggle at the moment to fix any probs!!

However this is only until this one is down and I can get another set up!!

We gotta do what we gotta do. I cannot grow at my yard either and it sucks but I'm just not willing to risk mine and the Mrs home anymore. My last scare was enough to put the stick up my bum.
I can get to these plants as often as I like but it's what's happening while I ain't with them that's the problem.
Matey wants to be involved and that's fine, we all had to learn but you gotta be willing to learn.
Gonna give it one more chance anymore fuck ups and I will walk away.
He had his swimming pool and hot tub running off the same board with 32amp fuse then as I said all wired in retarded. He's had a guy come today to put the pool and tub on a separate board and run some heavy duty cable to the shed.

I don't understand the electrical side of it all and never had too because I only ever run a single 600w myself. I did know that to try and draw that much wattage through a standard extention cord was a Bad idea.

Your matey ain't a social drunk is he? My one is and has quite a few people back from the pub often. I try to avoid visiting at them times but got cailught out the other day and had to leave him to Finnish watering. He fucked that up too.

GGNo2

To gav and anyone waiting for an update on my clone diary please bear with me as black ops 4 has taken the front seat for my Internet today!

Yes m8 can't wait to see what you have going on... I've just ordered a new ps4. It's my 4th one since they come out. I buy one because there's a game I like then get bored and get rid of the fucking thing lol.
Ive got this one coming tomorrow with that new spiderman game but I'm really buying it in prep for red dead 2 next month.

scrogrow

Yes m8 can't wait to see what you have going on... I've just ordered a new ps4. It's my 4th one since they come out. I buy one because there's a game I like then get bored and get rid of the fucking thing lol.
Ive got this one coming tomorrow with that new spiderman game but I'm really buying it in prep for red dead 2 next month.

Man if this plan takes of I'm banging rooms again!!

scrogrow

This is good to hear fella I send wishes of luck to ya dude. I think we all need plenty of luck on our sides lol.

The way my life been goin past few weeks has been amazing mate literally buzzin me it's of with life at the moment!!