What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Solution to hard water stains in glass !

After years of cleaning glass pieces with 99 iso and salt but still suffering from that hazey white film left in perc and water level lines in the tubes i have found a simple solution that worked perfectly, fast and easy! i tried 420 clean, iso/salt, simple green, CLR, everything over the years and none of it got the hrd water stains off

The film left behind is calcium and lime scale, typical hard water stain......CLR DID NOT WORK

THE SOLUTION = PH DOWN

PH Down will completely dissolve the white stain and rinses right out...just pour into the piece, i let sit about 30 min, then came back and shook around a but and rinsed out with a gallon of RO water from the room......Sparkling new!

The stain has to be dissolved by acid after it has dried and attached to the glass surface

TIP: Wear Gloves and Plug the pipe when shaking or pouring the PH Down - be safe

ill be honest, i found this on FCombustion after googling for like the 20th time about how to remove hard water stains from glass percs

apparantly its the phosphoric acid in ph down that dissolves it

prune

Veteran
I like to use distilled water in my various devices so i don't have to worry about those problems, plus it's not as hospitable an environment for molds and fungus. However, i do de-mineralize my pets watering dishes with vinegar all the time...

theJointedOne

Veteran
Fuck combustion is a great website.

I hope one day icmag will run the same forum software they have. Its so much more user friendly.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I used to own my.own Auto detaining company for 10 yrs. Use a 50/50 white vinegar and h2o to remove water spots on paint finishes, like after a car wash. Should work for glass pieces as well.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The real solution is cleaning with DI or RO purified 0ppm water.

Or at least rinsing a couple times with DI/RO.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hard water is easy peasy...

How does one clean the leftover crap from dabbing out of your bangers? The stuff that’s burned on or cooked onto the glass & is extremely difficult to scrape out.

810FireFarm

ive heard that the dark crystal glass cleaner is really good at cleaning burnt bangers, but have not used myself

dab lower temps so no burn......"gotta waste some to taste um" as some say

lol at when i used to smoke resin when out of bud...now waste way more oil than i should. lol