What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aunt of Farouk. Pakistani (landrace)

NEED 4 SEED

I have no pics but my AOF this year looked and smelled really dank, nice hashy afghans some with a berry touch, some purple, almost like cookies. But only one of them did have some serious effect. 90 percent were low or no effect.

G

Thank you @TP grower!

Hey @need4seed that s interesting.Seems you had some more CBD leaning types.Mine 1/2 was very good,the other was mellow ,it had some noticable body effect.How many females to get this 90%percent?

I have a little one fully seeded with Ohaze pollen,almost ready...

NEED 4 SEED

Thank you @TP grower!

Hey @need4seed that s interesting.Seems you had some more CBD leaning types.Mine 1/2 was very good,the other was mellow ,it had some noticable body effect.How many females to get this 90%percent?

I have a little one fully seeded with Ohaze pollen,almost ready...

I had 10 beans or so, maybe 8 survived and 3 were males. It was 5 females.
I used the males on some other girls...

funkyhorse

This is the first time I have and see males like this, I am using them to make more seeds with my four girls, boys and girls are all different looking but both males are very resinous, you can actually smoke them
Aunt of Farouk 1
picture.php

Aunt of Farouk 2, both on 5 liter pots. This one is shorter and looks more productive than his brother

picture.php

I have another resinous male from Taskenti F3
picture.php

Is this normal and what I should be expecting from males of indica strains to be so resinous or this is just beginner's luck?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
you are lucky. what they can do, you will find out after growing its progeny. wish you good luck(not that you would need more luck :D)

funkyhorse

I would like to comment a couple of things about this strain:
I am not sure if those males are lucky ones. I only gave them water, no feeding at all after they showed sex
The reason I keep those males is because I had 2 females behind a month from the others. When I used them after a month of flowering, they didnt have any resin and they even didnt have any hint of the resin to come, same for the Taskenti boy. I have another Taskenti boy at 30 days, I will keeo him to see if it does the same. If it does,then it is clearly not luck
I think you dont see more of these resinous males because people dont keep them until maturity. Once you get the pollen from them, most people chop them. If not they get the chop immediately after they show sex
It might be good breeding work. It seems most breeders know how to treat an indica strain. The problem starts when they breed sativas and they treat them as indicas

This is the moment of the pollination, the 500ml bottle cap is used as reference so you can see the size of buds I pollinated and how many seeds I could make out of this. I pollinaized 3 little buds from each plant. I hope enough to look into the strain in case I like it. It is the first time I grow an indica knowing it is an indica and not some indica sold as sativa

AOF 4 top shot
picture.php

This is the whole plant AOF 4
picture.php

Aof 3

picture.php

AOF 3 this is a branchy pheno
picture.php

And finally I think this is the right place to post this stuff. I post this because I was asked for seeds, and in the case of this strain, I think they have a very reasonable and affordable price and if you get them from the source, I believe you will find the same males I found. I am not a breeder and I just make a little seed for myself because I cant source them again. If I dont repro this pack for myself, I lose the strain
After reading this stuff, it seems you would need a lot of luck if you want to find those resinous males getting the strain from other sources than the original one
Everyone who had dealings with TLT ended scammed and burned... ask Lala (Derg Corra), who recently got his AOF stolen too. And believe me, absolutely everyone from the landrace scene who ever posted a nice picture from a rare plant got approached and offered dealings by him. Sometimes with rude and harassing manipulative messages in order to get the information and what he wanted. Absolute disrespect to the community and work from others.

Preserving? He's just a greedy guy trying to make money off seeds like most. He doesn't even grow or smoke, no interest or passion about the plant whatsoever. Just saw a nice niche and bussiness which is obtaining seeds for free and then selling them without permission after someone reproduces some for him.

I saw him coming since day one, a few years ago, even warned some about it, saw his practices, saw his messages all over the forums begging for rare landrace seeds... caught him lying about his story and so on.

He first joined forums desperate trying to sell some bulk Kerala seeds on the forum after he obtained via RSC's contact and after RSC refused to buy the seeds. Then, since no one give a shit, he decided to start his own seed bussiness and got greedy.

Prices keep growing as greed does too. People should research a bit before speaking IMHO. There's plenty info all over the forums and IG:
[/quote]

And this is from Yaxu: https://overgrow.com/t/landraces-and-heirloom/13660/450
"Yaxu
Aug '20

AOF is from Derg Corra, TLT bought seeds from them, then posted on IG without giving any credit to Derg Corra. They also approached me, they asked me if I wanted to exchange seeds, I told them I had no interest in selling or exchanging seeds with them."
Upstate: Do you know how many seeds they purchased and if Derg Corra knew who they were selling to?
Yaxu: 150 seeds.It’s funny because without giving the credits, but it uses the same description that Derg Corra uses. After many cultivators chided him for giving at least one mention to his original breeder, he then edited his description.

tcherno

there is fire with aunt of farouk, the pheno berry is interesting I find that the most powerful individuals are there, I also came across a pheno that makes flowers huge and dense as a stone, with a typical smell of burnt tire, not as strong as the pheno berry.

It's a very good selection material, I plan to integrate it to a cross with Panama red hair.

Thank you derg corra collective.
Sad to know that they were used by the wrong people, I don't feel them from the beginning either.

I have never been able to feel confident in my exchanges with TLT, I quickly turned my head.

tcherno

This is the first time I have and see males like this, I am using them to make more seeds with my four girls, boys and girls are all different looking but both males are very resinous, you can actually smoke them
Aunt of Farouk 1
View Image
Aunt of Farouk 2, both on 5 liter pots. This one is shorter and looks more productive than his brother

View Image

I have another resinous male from Taskenti F3
View Image
Is this normal and what I should be expecting from males of indica strains to be so resinous or this is just beginner's luck?

I would like to find a male like yours in my last pack.

beautifull

DenverJim

I grew both X-18 and AOF last year outside. They are definitely different. The X-18 is more Indica with very wide large leaves and a deep green color. While the AOF had narrower lighter green leaves that came to a point at the end. They also finished earlier late Sept for 3 plants the 4th was in mote shade and froze 10/7 with freezing rain then snow. The 2 X-18’s we’re finishing before the cold hit partially harvested before cold. The frozen was hashed. I bought a pack of 13 Reserve Pravada from everyone’s Doing It. They mostly a online head shop but had a seed section. There were some small breeders plus old Nirvana shit like the fast flowering Swazi. Anyway all the seeds were male except the last two.
harvested

Dogtown

Wanted to share a few pictures of the 'Aunt of Farooq' grew in 2019 at 50° latitude. It's the most beautiful WLD I ever grew out. She turned purple/blueish in middle of flowering period. She produces nice amount of trichomes with a intense smell of citron. I experienced the same in the 'Pakistan Landrace' strain offered by Derg Derra Collective. 'AoF' was germinate at beginning of April, transplanted beginning of May, started flowering middle of August and got harvested mid of October without any mold. September and October was really bad in 2019, a lot of rain, high humidity which was no problem for the AoF. She can stand cold weather as also long rain periods very well. She grew on a guerilla spot in native soil mixed with some vermiculite, perlite, homemade compost including biochar, compost tea and got mulched with nettle and comfrey which was sprayed with lactic acid bacteria. She produced very good amounts of resin!

This phenotype has a lemony aroma and taste, really delicious. It's very strong which makes you sleep very well, only conditionally suitable for daytime, very good for medicinal purposes and sleep problems, very pleasant feeling.

I would like to thank Bald Monkey, his friend Farooq and Seed_info, Derg Derra Collective and everybody else who is involved who made it possible for us growing this gem.

P1020209.jpg

P1030521.jpg

P1040240.jpg

P1040347.jpg

P1040676.jpg

Last edited:

Dogtown

P1060236.jpg

Ao-F-bud-sample.jpg

You may notice that TLT is still using some of my pictures (and from others for example from Happy Roots as well) without asking me in advance. I wrote riddle several times to stop using my pictures for his advertisement, but no reaction. It's funny, when TLT came up I wrote him several times because I was interested in the genetics he offered and he wrote back immediately... I was hesitating buying stuff from them and now I'm glad I didn't spend a dollar! Please think twice where you buy your seeds. It's recommendable to support the people who put the work and effort to make them available for everyone, not the one how only took out the flowers from others in order to reproduce them and sell them without permission from the source and making profit on others hard work!

all best
Dogtown

funkyhorse

This is famous Farouk
picture.php

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Farouk

Well, it could have been another disney character and this controversial strain could be called Aunt of Jack Sparrow

These are my humble plants in 5 liter pots, they made a x2 stretch indoors, I will have a couple of packs of seeds and sample to check if I like this or not, I guess in order to get some productivity from this strain it must be sent to flower at least 1 meter height, it produces a lot of impressive resin
Aof 1 top shot
picture.php

Aof 1 mold bud(cut and chuck), it was the only bud to mold out, very impressive from my wetland environment, I expected a mold party with the indica strains

picture.php

Aof 1 general view
picture.php

Aof2 full view

picture.php

funkyhorse

Aof 2
picture.php

I had grown 2 years ago Pakistan landrace from Derg Corra Collective and it is a different strain from AoF I had an indica male and a sativa male which was impressive and stretched a lot
I crossed than indica male with Purple Haze x Malawi from Ace and I obtained a very long flowering indica hybrid, with plants looking pretty much the same. The Pakistani male shortened PHxM flowering from 125 days to 91 days and added a lot of resin. Buds look chunky, very different from PHxM.

PHxM x Pakistan Landrace top shot, no mold at all
picture.php