What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OrIgiNaL oG Og KusH sToRy JoSh's CuT

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
"i heard it was almost as good as gg4,ecsd,gsc,chem91 etc,etc`.... , can i get a cut to test?...."
lol
jkjk
always happy to see a full table run the jewels on a classic cut
keep the pixshow coming stoney

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How's she compare to Ghost so far?

I know they're supposed to be the same cut but curious about your observations thus far.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I'm holdin off on making any claims yet but as of right now she is spot on to a few of cuts ive ran over the yrs... But that don't say much as a lot of them are very similar ... Only way to tell is when its all done n I can smokem... That's where u see the subtle differences...
One big thing to involving ghost cut is the fact that a lot of places ppl selling fake ghost cuts... I've seen many ghost og nugs that are watered down versions... The real ghost cut is the same that's documented fact, but with so many fake ghosts around I don't want to make a claim like that because before u know it everyone with a "ghost" cut will switch the name over to josh's cut or ogkushstory without any verification..
If ya got Josh's cut= original ghost cut
If ya got a ghost cut does not mean u got Josh's...

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
"i heard it was almost as good as gg4,ecsd,gsc,chem91 etc,etc`.... , can i get a cut to test?...."
lol
jkjk
always happy to see a full table run the jewels on a classic cut
keep the pixshow coming stoney

That's all personal preferences... If ya ask me ecsd is the best but I'm a NYC head got rich off sour, ask a Cali boy og all day... all cuts u mentioned have there advantages n disadvantages, i don't believe in one being better if they all great... Just depends on what ya prefer to smoke.. And when ya smoking it.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
That's all personal preferences... If ya ask me ecsd is the best but I'm a NYC head got rich off sour, ask a Cali boy og all day... all cuts u mentioned have there advantages n disadvantages, i don't believe in one being better if they all great... Just depends on what ya prefer to smoke.. And when ya smoking it.

hey i was making a joke bro, no worries

JetLife175

Veteran
There are a lot of renames when it comes to OG Kush but there is the one cutting that started it all, and that’s the cutting that Matt Berger brought from Gainesville Florida to Los Angeles in 96 to Josh D. The Josh D cutting is highly prized as it is from the source and has been kept VERY HEALTHY all these years. You can’t say you got the Josh d cut unless you got it from Josh or at least from a super trusted source known to hold it. If you ever met the guy you would know he isn’t stingy with it and loves to give it out to people. It’s just hard to say you have the Josh D unless you absolutely know for a fact it is exactly what it’s said to be.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
There are a lot of renames when it comes to OG Kush but there is the one cutting that started it all, and that’s the cutting that Matt Berger brought from Gainesville Florida to Los Angeles in 96 to Josh D. The Josh D cutting is highly prized as it is from the source and has been kept VERY HEALTHY all these years. You can’t say you got the Josh d cut unless you got it from Josh or at least from a super trusted source known to hold it. If you ever met the guy you would know he isn’t stingy with it and loves to give it out to people. It’s just hard to say you have the Josh D unless you absolutely know for a fact it is exactly what it’s said to be.

Exactly...

JetLife175

Veteran
A little backstory on this particular cutting. To dispel any myths or answer answer questions on its origins. The seed was found by a friend of Matt Bubbas named Alec. He found the seed in a bag of “superknot”. Lineage of this bag is unknown. Seed was popped and kept amongst a small circle in the Orlando and Gainesville area until Matt brought it out to Josh in Los Angeles in 96. This cutting was never known as the Josh D or OGKushStory cut until Josh came online and started sharing his story with the pictures and facts to back it up.

When I was given the cutting by Josh he called it the Kush, or the OGers. Second I saw it I knew what it was, even in veg.

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I live between Orlando and Daytona beach. The og kush has simply been known as kush since I can remember and I'd say I started seeing it in the late 90's to early 2000's. I also had friends that moved to Gainesville to go to UF. We would make weekend trips up there and that was the first time i had the pleasure smoking on diesel. To this day my 2 herbs to smoke on.
I'm not trying to add to any story or truth, just what I've experienced.
We used to get some killer silver haze and what was called chocolate skunk too along side Gainesville green and Christmas bud.
Oh how I miss those days.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I live between Orlando and Daytona beach. The og kush has simply been known as kush since I can remember and I'd say I started seeing it in the late 90's to early 2000's. I also had friends that moved to Gainesville to go to UF. We would make weekend trips up there and that was the first time i had the pleasure smoking on diesel. To this day my 2 herbs to smoke on.
I'm not trying to add to any story or truth, just what I've experienced.
We used to get some killer silver haze and what was called chocolate skunk too along side Gainesville green and Christmas bud.
Oh how I miss those days.

1979 xmas bud?

mushroombrew

Veteran
A little backstory on this particular cutting. To dispel any myths or answer answer questions on its origins. The seed was found by a friend of Matt Bubbas named Alec. He found the seed in a bag of “superknot”. Lineage of this bag is unknown. Seed was popped and kept amongst a small circle in the Orlando and Gainesville area until Matt brought it out to Josh in Los Angeles in 96. This cutting was never known as the Josh D or OGKushStory cut until Josh came online and started sharing his story with the pictures and facts to back it up.

When I was given the cutting by Josh he called it the Kush, or the OGers. Second I saw it I knew what it was, even in veg.

What about Crippy? My buddy holds it in Hawaii. His uncle sent it to FL in the 80's. Pretty sure he kept sending #'s until the early 90's

I wonder if Josh D's is related? I will bug my guy for a pic.

mack 10

Veteran

Few cool tit bits in there.
Super knot? Never heard that name before.
Hopefully with such a distinctive name,
Some oldtimers will recognise it and let us know what the
Super knot is.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
What about Crippy? My buddy holds it in Hawaii. His uncle sent it to FL in the 80's. Pretty sure he kept sending #'s until the early 90's

I wonder if Josh D's is related? I will bug my guy for a pic.

Used to grow a lot of the crippies... I thought I was the last person with it... And I unfortunately lost it 2 yrs ago ... Pure speculation.... But I've said many times that i can see it being a big piece to the puzzle... I can see og being 50% 91chem n 50% crippies... The crippies got a skunky twang to it found in og mixed with a hot garbage n a weird rotten fruit funk... I'm not sure exactly how but I can see the combination making og...
Here's some old pics of Florida crippled cut sourced late 80s
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Its been suggested that 1 of the 3 legends cuts may be the same... Its 100% not crinkle... Out of all the cuts renamed after this one... This cut has extra vigor for her age... She roots stupid easy for being as old as she is.,, my ghost,cut takes 14 days at least the story 10 days there roots everywhere...last batch I had furnace issues temps ranged from 55 to 90 n still got 99% roots...