What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DE HPS on Light Rails, Cyco and DTW

Hey Guys!

Moved from a prohibition state to a rec state 2 years ago :biggrin:

Man things are different here! I've been growing for around 8 years and I wanted to show people what I've learned.

I've grown every nutrient concoction under the sun, House and Garden, Fox Farm, CES, Super Soil, Roots Organic, Soul Synthetic, Advanced, GH, Botanicare etc... In nearly every type of medium, Ebb n Flow, DWC, Organic Soil, Non-organic Soil, Aeroponics and Coco.

Coco is my jam, over the past 2 years I've been working on perfecting a grow that is nearly fully automated. As a hydro grower I never liked taking time to water plants, that time and energy is much better spent on plant training.

Heres where I'm at so far.

Room Size: 11Wx13Lx8H

Strain: Holy Grail Kush by DNA Genetics

9 Plants in 5 gallon Plant Warrior Pots (plus 1 in a 7 Gal pot on the floor), the coco is sourced from a local hydro store here that has a custom blend with perlite.

Lighting: During the Veg Stage I'll be using 2 1kw Hortilux MH with Phantom ballasts on light rails and a 1kw HPS hanging vertical.

During Flower I'll be using Nanolux 2 1kw DE HPS fixtures with a 1kw MH hanging vertical.

Nutrients: I'll be running Cyco for the first time, heres the Nutrient List

Cyco Bloom A/B
Cyco Supa Stiky
Cyco Swell
Cyco Suga Rush
Cal-Mag +
Cyco Potash Plus
Yellow Bottle Silica
Bio-Ag Ful Power
Flying Skull Z7
Mammoth P
Success Nutrients Blast Off

Flush with OG Tea Special Sauce

For feeding I have a 55 gallon reservoir that feeds each plant with 1/2 tubing. I've used Drippers in the past and not matter what they would get clogged and the plants would suffer. The switch to 1/2 tubing is an experiment to correct this problem.

I'll be updating periodically, feel free to post any questions or criticisms.

In these pics, I have the Holy Grail Kush (HGK) plants in 1 gallon pots. I just moved them into the big room where they will be finishing veg and flower. They've been topped multiple times then I let them grow vertical to stack nodes and you can see how I LST them to spread them out.

Pics after I transplanted, you'll notice that the Plant warriors are sitting in fabric pots. They are acting as filters to keep the coco from washing out and clogging drains.

If anyone reading this is expirencing trouble controlling their Humidity let me share a secret with you. Almost everyone knows if your humidity is too high, get a dehumdifier. But what do you do if your humidity is too low? Evaporative cooler!

Evap cooler's AKA swamp cooler, work better than any humidifier I have ever used. What's great is evap coolers come in size from standing floor fan to massive industrial units. The one I'm using is a large residential unit and can be seen in the pictures above.

I have a second secret to controlling humidity and this is one I've just discovered. It's a product called the Inkbird IHC-200. I am in love with this thing! I've been struggling to hit perfect humidity control and this thing does it for $35!

It has 2 plugs, one for a humidifier and one for a dehumidifier. You set the exact humidity % you want. Set the RH% you want each device to kick on and walk away.

The only downside I can see is if you want a different RH% for day time and night time. This unit does not differentiate between day and night. You can see pics of each of my humidifier and de-hui above. The Evaporative cooler I'm using is the Honewell CO60PM

Latest posts

Latest posts