What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RubeGoldberg's 2 room showdown! 6x750DE VS 4x315LEC & 4x600HPS

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Wonderful, do you see a difference between the two rooms for the buds?

surprisingly no.. not too much.. The taller lankier room sorta seems like its got bigger buds... but the double ended room is denser.

heres a lights off comparison since the trichomes reflecting the flash are a good indicator. As you can see the Mixed light room is SUPER inconsistent with some plants shooting for the moon, but they might still make up the weight in larger volume.

Oe8Yakt.jpg

Q7NN5vh.jpg

Here is a sneak peak at the next round, which is waiting for its time in the artificial sun..... Next time will be a 3 room showdown probably (varying total watts but we can still determine grams per watt)

1 room will be double ended... 1 room will be only CMH... and the other room will be some other newer technology! the only hint I can give now is that it will not be LED or Plasma :tiphat:

KBE5ZWW.jpg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
So fun story tonight, a buddy was about a block away for another reason and said he could smell an overwelming bud smell.

(this has me worried since I just use carbon cans vented outside.. But not too worried since its BC and there are lots of grows around)

so i went for a walk around in the area and as soon as I got to where my friend said he smelt it, I got a huge fucking waft. Checked wind direction and its coming directly from an industrial complex nearby.

Fucking #bcproblems You think you're heated out only to discover much larger grows in the vicinity.

scarafino

Super pretty will we see at the end, or did you make the best return?

But one thing shocks me, you take pictures with your flash when the plants are sleeping .... I've always been told that he never had the greatest chance to do this because it could make the plants hermaphroditic

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Colas are looking beautiful. So which lights are getting the stretchier growth under them?

The mix of HPS and CMH are stretchier

Super pretty will we see at the end, or did you make the best return?

But one thing shocks me, you take pictures with your flash when the plants are sleeping .... I've always been told that he never had the greatest chance to do this because it could make the plants hermaphroditic

its really not too too bad, I've probably had more grow houses at this point than most people have had plants, I've never seen plants hermy ever from light, that includes times where ive discovered light timers that didn't turn off for a day or two in mid-flower etc...

The only hermies i've ever seen are from dogshit dutch genetics, usually feminized, but really just a lot of irresponsible seed breeders out there with weak genetics.

The key with light is to make sure its not a regular thing... don't have leaks for the entire run, that kinda thing.

The guy I buy my clones off of does literally a few mil a month in business. So if they hermi'ed easily, he'd have meaner people than me complaining to him in person.

Amazing work, thanks so much for sharing. I was curious as to the stretching in the mixed spectrum room. How are the plants that are bolting situated in regard to the lights? Are they on the edges between spectrums or directly underneath one or the other? Is there a noticeable pattern or is it purely random. And my guess as to your third lighting tech is that you are just a huge Christmas nut and will try good old fashioned Christmas lights. Tis the season after all.

Miraculous Meds

My friends rocking 750 hps's between 630 cmh's, and its perfectly even growth. But hes mono cropping, and he's triple trellising. Ill have to look again at your wattages, but id be nervous running 315's at the same height as 750s or 1ks, and getting enough penetration for equal growth.

Damn I see you used 315s with 600's. the 315's are in vert hoods too? That should provide more penetration. I was wanting to try this same exact pattern. Hope it turns out good for ya still!

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
My friends rocking 750 hps's between 630 cmh's, and its perfectly even growth. But hes mono cropping, and he's triple trellising. Ill have to look again at your wattages, but id be nervous running 315's at the same height as 750s or 1ks, and getting enough penetration for equal growth.

Damn I see you used 315s with 600's. the 315's are in vert hoods too? That should provide more penetration. I was wanting to try this same exact pattern. Hope it turns out good for ya still!

i might mix the 750s with CMH next run, we'll see

This is a mono-crop as well, which really surprised me how irratic the mixed light room is. might ditch single ended HPS next run completely though... Although if the Canadian senate pushes back legalization a bit, i might drag my AMCPR licensed grows a bit longer and make hay while the sun shines.

edit: woo! 1000th post

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
next round is starting veg/preveg. lots of beneficial microbes and light nutes going into the roots.

also spraying the shit outta them with cal/mg and b-52 (kelp and vitamins)

Should get jungley quick.

8scBCnM.jpg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
What's going on with Gavita? The lamps are very good reputation however, the performance is higher with a gavita than a Hps in general ...

https://www.hawthorne-gardening.com/

this is whats going on with gavita. They have good tech and Theo Spektra and Jair are alright guys. I don't blame them for selling out, but fuck them for selling out to Satan.

Hawthorne is owned by Scotts who is partnered in a few ways with Monsanto.

I dont completely hate GMO as an idea, but monsanto isn't a company i want to support, even through business links.

Gavita is a platform for the Phillips bulb. And while Phillips probably is way more evil than Monsanto, big crops are big crops, and double ended lighting systems like my illuminair, or nanolux etc are just as good

Goats

here late but def subbed.

love the bubba. i am guessing that is a cut i have been smoking in the lower mainland for years?

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
here late but def subbed.

love the bubba. i am guessing that is a cut i have been smoking in the lower mainland for years?

yup, should be the same cut. seems like a good balance of wholesale price, yield and ease of growing.

catalyte

Veteran
just found this grow now.

Looking good Rube!

i love comparison grows, so keep it coming man.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
DAY 56. 1-2 more weeks to go.

wC2OJCx.jpg

WiOrTy4.jpg

KzsmqG1.jpg

PKpNmtO.jpg

Lots of color on these.... Gonna have a cold snap this weekend, might turn on the intake during lights off to really color them in. Not as big as other strains i'm used to at this time. But the density I think will make up the difference.

catalyte

Veteran
looks interesting. Never seen that product before :yes:

let us all know how these lights work for you!

paper thorn

Veteran
wow. chps.

just when i'm thinking about grabbing a 315 cmh or one of those double 315s. the 630.

along comes a 600 chps.
guess i'll have to wait till your next run is done to decide now.

btw, nice fat bubba.
the density will make up for any size diff in my opinion.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
looks interesting. Never seen that product before :yes:

let us all know how these lights work for you!

Yup, its a new technology, I think they're officially releasing it in January. I'm in the hydro supply industry so I managed to get a few to try. I've seen them in a bunch of stores already though.

I'm probably gonna explain this poorly, but its basically the same optimized technology we see out of the Compact Metal Halides, but now on the red spectrum.

(although apparently the bulb would work with a standard 600w digital ballast, hortilux came out with this system for optimal use of the bulb)

wow. chps.

just when i'm thinking about grabbing a 315 cmh or one of those double 315s. the 630.

along comes a 600 chps.
guess i'll have to wait till your next run is done to decide now.

btw, nice fat bubba.
the density will make up for any size diff in my opinion.

haha yeah CHPS seems promising, I'm really curious to see how they do. Hortilux doesn't usually release shitty products, so im pretty curious.. They've definitely been quite quiet the last few years while gavita has been helicopter dicking the market, so im curious to see how this really stacks up. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts