What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C99 4x4 SOG

Day 16 flower.
(mL/Gal)
Cocotek A/B: 9mL
CalMag: 1mL
Liquid KoolBloom: 1mL
Drip Clean: .3mL
Ph to 5.8 and let it swing up to 6.3

Some of them stretched more than others due to a multiple phenos in this run. Feeding twice per day, a little over a pint in the morning (hour after lights on) and another feed 2hrs before lights off. In the process of staring a new grow as well so stay tuned for that journal! It will be two 3x6 tables under 2400w. SOG DTW coco of course ;) thank you all for watching

Attachments

• IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0971.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 21

mushroombrew

Veteran
Glad they put on some size!

2400W on a 3x6? Overkill?

I put that much on a 6 x 10 scrog recently.The odd thing is the 600's hortilux where visibly
more yellow than the 1000's on other trays? And buds did not tighten up as much.

I still need to bug Hortilux about that... ^ strains hence the color difference in the bud shot.

Glad they put on some size!

2400W on a 3x6? Overkill?

I put that much on a 6 x 10 scrog recently.The odd thing is the 600's hortilux where visibly
more yellow than the 1000's on other trays? And buds did not tighten up as much.

I still need to bug Hortilux about that... ^ strains hence the color difference in the bud shot.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73951&pictureid=1779114]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73951&pictureid=1779115]View Image[/url]

Beautiful mate! 2400w on 2- 6x3 trays. 600w/square meter.
The new room is 5.5'W x 18'L. Doing a 4 square meter SOG Topfed in Coco under 4- 8" cooltubes. Still a work in progress and will take another month to complete due to a very busy schedule. Besides, the Veg room needs a few weeks of growth to accommodate the new plans ;) I'll be starting a thread for that grow in time.

Update coming tomorrow with pictures. Tomorrow will be the start of week 3. BTW- how are the pictures I post looking? I'm unsure if I'm doing it correctly.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Beautiful mate! 2400w on 2- 6x3 trays. 600w/square meter.
The new room is 5.5'W x 18'L. Doing a 4 square meter SOG Topfed in Coco under 4- 8" cooltubes. Still a work in progress and will take another month to complete due to a very busy schedule. Besides, the Veg room needs a few weeks of growth to accommodate the new plans ;) I'll be starting a thread for that grow in time.

Update coming tomorrow with pictures. Tomorrow will be the start of week 3. BTW- how are the pictures I post looking? I'm unsure if I'm doing it correctly.

Oh I see... Well that sounds great!

mushroombrew

Veteran
I run 4x8 trays with 32 plants 1/sqft. When I feel like it I put a 6x10 scrog about 2ft above the tray. Like when I veg too long and shit wants to hit the ceiling!

It's a hydro setup. I developed an new container that gets DWC growth rates in trays. Sorry can't say much about it have patents in the works. I will say that I get those big DWC trees with about 70% less equipment.

These were only vegged 4 wks. 4ft + @ 1wk flower. These will yield huge. Only 20 in this tray as they are so big.

When you insert an image in your post delete the "&thumb" at the end of the html. Your pics will post big like mine.

Flowering day 21. Obvious that I'm running multiple phenos. The sativa leaning phenos are 20-24" and the indica dom pheno is only 12".

Cocotek a/b: 10/10
CalMag: .5
Liquid Koolbloom: 2
Drip clean: .4
Ph to 5.8
PPM: 1091

Vertical growth is done, and I can see the buds swelling day by day.

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 18
lost my FMS c99 this summer, i was sure she would survive and i´d make seeds from reveg, clone and mom, well the plant died before i took the clones :D and the wilty clones from the dying plant didnt make it eather.. thats growing :)
my c99 hat a even thinner leaf and was much more branchy than yours are, but the budstructure was totaly different too, youds indica like, my were little soft/airy and big, 1gramm looked like 2 in the bag. and smell was sour-sweet/tropical. overal yield was very good but not the highest thc count. good every day weed.
i am sure you had my pheno too, and i think after seeing your plants, there might be evenbetter phenos in fmsc99 than what i had as a keeper..
keep us updated, and great work!

lost my FMS c99 this summer, i was sure she would survive and i´d make seeds from reveg, clone and mom, well the plant died before i took the clones :D and the wilty clones from the dying plant didnt make it eather.. thats growing :)
my c99 hat a even thinner leaf and was much more branchy than yours are, but the budstructure was totaly different too, youds indica like, my were little soft/airy and big, 1gramm looked like 2 in the bag. and smell was sour-sweet/tropical. overal yield was very good but not the highest thc count. good every day weed.
i am sure you had my pheno too, and i think after seeing your plants, there might be evenbetter phenos in fmsc99 than what i had as a keeper..
keep us updated, and great work!

There were many phenos, some were definitely indica dom and more on the "skunky" side of smell/taste. My favorite of all is #3. About week 4 it developes a strong pineapple/tropical scent. Not as dense as the others, but a strong yielder for sure. Potency I'd rate a 8/10. In veg she is very branchy, but when doing a SOG with little to no veg, she produces one large cola ;). Almost finished setting up the 3x12 room, need to run my duct work and set up my res, then take clones. Two week from then I'll be in action. Thank you all for watching.

BTW-over 1400 views...don't be afraid to comment guys, it's great to hear from you all.

tbh i did nevet try to flower from cone without veggind 3-4weeks at least.. for me the smoke was always8/10 too. not strongest you can find but so pleasant high and nice tasting, as you say pineapple/tropical. the more i remember the girl the more i want to crack my c99/granola funk selfmadeseeds to see what i can find..
so many seed, so little space..
will stay on you show, even if i ve never usen mineral, im a c99 fan and you are a friendly man!

Flowering Day 28!

They are really beginning to swell, gaining weight very quickly. Calyx production is exploding! The smell has turned from a "green, vegetive scent" to lovely, sweet aroma.

Temps are 68-80F
RH 40-45%

Feeding around 1240 ppm and letting ph swing 5.8-6.3 as usual. 3x per day now, once at 8am(350ml) second at 12pm(175ml) and last at 4pm(175ml)
Runoff is steady 6.0 and reading 1100ppm.

Going to raise nutrient strength slightly and monitor runoff.

Attachments

• IMG_1066.jpg
    IMG_1066.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1068.jpg
    IMG_1068.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1067.jpg
    IMG_1067.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 15
Day 35

Day 35

Flowering day 35, the tropical pineapple scent is intoxicating.
Much more dense under 1k vs the 600w. About 2 weeks to go. I stopped using CalMag last week, now giving them a mag/ sulfur. I've noticed much tastier buds from doing this in the last week or two. Will be taking clones for the next run very soon. Have them a good flush the other day. Even though I use drip clean I still like to do this around the halfway point in flower. Im guessing yield is going to be around 12-15oz. VERY low considering I am using 1k, but it's due to plant density. I needed almost double the clones when flowered this size. But fucked up the last round of cloning. Oh well, you live and learn.

Attachments

• IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1146.jpg
    IMG_1146.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1171.jpg
    IMG_1171.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1172.jpg
    IMG_1172.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1177.jpg
    IMG_1177.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 16

Female Seeds

Veteran
Hey KK,

Sorry for the late reply but finally here I am.
Man, absolutely great job. I really enjoyed reading through your detailed report. Tbh with you it was a real pleasure for all of Female Seeds Team to read the description you gave of one of our favourites variety.
Last but not least, I am super happy that you are enjoying the C99 :D

How is it going with the stretching? Is the C99 giving you any problem? I wanted to ask you about the stretch since you switched...how did it go? I am asking 'cause I know that it can cause some problems from time to time.

I think also noticed that Indica pheno, quite interesting because I don't see that often with our C99 but that's the beauty of nature too somehow.

Thanks for sharing these beauties with us, keep up the good work!

All the best,
Mr B.

Flowering day 35, the tropical pineapple scent is intoxicating.
Much more dense under 1k vs the 600w. About 2 weeks to go. I stopped using CalMag last week, now giving them a mag/ sulfur. I've noticed much tastier buds from doing this in the last week or two. Will be taking clones for the next run very soon. Have them a good flush the other day. Even though I use drip clean I still like to do this around the halfway point in flower. Im guessing yield is going to be around 12-15oz. VERY low considering I am using 1k, but it's due to plant density. I needed almost double the clones when flowered this size. But fucked up the last round of cloning. Oh well, you live and learn.