What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger smoke report!

billyblog

ICMag Donor
Veteran
previously posted by myself in another thread...for the sake of all those who probably would not find it...

GOLDEN TIGER:

Well, I'm using it right now and have been choofing this stuff over the last few weeks...I should mention that the stuff I did was a little way off finishing though it was reasonably well done, just I like to perfect things and I have no doubt that this stuff could be way better if done a tad longer, though that's sorta hard to imagine!

WARNING: Golden Tiger is NOT one of your typical African sativas which are gnerally known for having very energetic, clear, "up" highs.

I had plenty of specimens as I did 4 packs together and was able to do some selectiive breeding along the way. Not a lot of obvious phenotype variances, so pretty stable.

The first thing that hits you is the flavour. A really notable mandarine flavour, almost a tad bitter like citrus peel can be at times but a pleasant and moreish taste. The smoke burns a little bit hot but not too severe.

The high is a bit of a creeper. A way down the pinny and you start to feel her coming on. At first, its a very intense rush but after a while this settles to an intense up high which subsequently reverts to a good solid stonning to both head and body and you can easily feel pistil-whipped and disorientated from downing a fatty with a friend. The "up" end of the high is also quite complex with a lot of psychadelic and euphoric substance to it, so it's not a clear buzz but not what I'd call a muddy high either...it's too intensely high to be muddy and too complex to be clear. There's an intense interaction going on between the psychadelic, the sens of euphoria and psychic consciousness while the high is still in its upper register, however...

a burnout effect is quite noticable as you are coming down off it and that can be quite protracted. I feel totally wasted after smoking this stuff for a while and next morning hangovers are quite the norm. One of my biggest problems with smoking this strain is that I find it really hard not to keep falling asleep once I've come down from intensity of the initial high but this could be circumstantial due to a bit of nervous tension and lack of sleep on my part. One of the nearest experiences I've had to a heroin experience in that it takes you rocketing up so intensely high and then brings you down with this heavy gravity effect while the high is still going forward...you could be forgiven for thinking this had heavy indica influences in it.

One of the outstanding things about GT is the minimal amount you need to get off on. I keep trying to limit myself to rolling really skinny pin joints but even these send a couple of seasoned smokers flying before it belts you back down by whanging you about the back of the head.

I'm sure if this stuff were grown out to its fullest, it would want to come with a serious warning on it. Grows a chunky beast with tight sizable nuggets that turn lovely blueish hues with deep orange overlays toward the end. The bud is excessively greasy and holds together well in joints.

After an intense sky rocket ride, you hang out with a very befuddled mind bearing a warm glow to it that sits somewhere between a very high high and a stone, leaving you pretty wasted but baked if you push it. Not the best weed for working on. Not the best social weed unless your tolerances are very high. In public, the red-eyed stupor overriding your face is going to give you away for sure.
Surprisingly, you can actually get a bit done on this stuff if you're quick enough not to get too blazed but so easy to fall into the trap. Pays to be very conservative in dosing and medicating.
Don't ever recall smoking anything harder hitting. She delivers a real solid brute force that is distinctive on a number of levels and isn't just about raw potency. IMHO, a truly remarkable hybrid!

dasher65

Excellent smoke report there Billy. I could almost imagine drawing the smoke in myself. Many thanks

F

Fluffy Clouds

nice smoke report! i agree with tangerine citric element in taste, but also with burning caramel like and woody for me... really special... and high like you said.. hammer! im smokin various ssh, casey jones, sfvogxc99, marleys collie, dchaze, otm or trainwreck daily, but this really floored me after little j... i had to lay down on the floor... your brain is workin in very strange way, its like molecular streaming... strong rush... after half an hour i could stand up :D so if you think diesel or amnesia is strong, try golden tiger :D

picture.php

Cool Moe

Veteran
billyblog, thanks for sharing your impressions of golden tiger. I laughed about how it makes you fall asleep if you've overindulged. It's not just you bro, after multiple sessions of golden tiger by the time evening comes I find myself nodding off even sitting upright. Like nothing else I've smoked in years makes me this sleepy at the end of day. Also your mandarin smell depiction is spot on and I notice a very pronounced lemongrass sweetness in both smell and taste from the meao thai father. The high for me wasn't so much creeper but more like BLAM right between the eyes, and the duration is just as you describe--a little goes a long long way. I can't believe how thoroughly baked I feel 2.5 to 3 hours after smoking. "Warm glow" is a great description also for the high. Nice report.

bushweed

Veteran
Sounds like the old school SE Asians, Africans and PNG gold, not always consumer friendly for the novices, but always the one you remember decades later.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like the real deal, great report. I am gonna stick with the Panama Red though, I am kind of wimpy.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I have tried some GT grown outdoors in San Diego by a relative. I loved it a lot and the high reminds me a bit of the weed I use to get back home in Colombia. He grew his from clones and they finished in November

JACKBAYBEH

Excellent detailed analysis BillyB. That's the kind of smoke report I love to read. I need to get to my pack soon. No doubt! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
:D Im so glad to hear your positive feedback, thank you all for the reports. We had lot of doubts to release all this latest thai and malawi hybrids but im glad we finally did it.

Billyblog, can not be more accurate than your description, thank you so much for share it. :yes: Hope you keek a few mums, sounds like you have had the chance to dig 'a bit' in the hybrid.

At ACE Seeds we are always very honest with our strain descriptions, this is 'warning' pot. VERY strong (if correctly grown of course).... it's silly to exaggerate in descriptions but this is not the case :) Smokers with tendency to menthal problems should avoid to smoke strong malawi, angolese or zamal hybrids.

justwatchin

Damn Billy, that was a perfect report. It didnt leave me wondering about anything Thankyou. More reports and descriptions like this please.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Thanks for the wonderful description. Makes me want to Ride the Tiger. Or vice verse.

F

Fluffy Clouds

It's really easy to overdue it w/ the GT. :kos:

really! i cant smoke it regularly like haze for example.. after smokin it i wonder if i did smoke ganja or drank some magic mushroom tea :D

i know i repeat myself but its strong strong STROOOONG!!!!:smokeit:

canned abyss1

Veteran
:D Im so glad to hear your positive feedback, thank you all for the reports. We had lot of doubts to release all this latest thai and malawi hybrids but im glad we finally did it.

Billyblog, can not be more accurate than your description, thank you so much for share it. :yes: Hope you keek a few mums, sounds like you have had the chance to dig 'a bit' in the hybrid.

At ACE Seeds we are always very honest with our strain descriptions, this is 'warning' pot. VERY strong (if correctly grown of course).... it's silly to exaggerate in descriptions but this is not the case :) Smokers with tendency to menthal problems should avoid to smoke strong malawi, angolese or zamal hybrids.

Definitely an accurate description. I love this stuff. The funny thing is that I just had this tested yesterday "GCMS" and it says it is only 10% thc. I know that this test could not be accurate and am probably going to have it tested again (they didn't determine the moisture content first so they didn't have an accurate starting point) , I didn't find this out until after the test. I was told they test moisture content first. I knew something wasn't right when 3 other samples of some other very potent strains tested low also.

Latest posts

Latest posts