What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD strains - Juanita la lagrimosa?

DoDad

I have been thinking of growing Juanita la lagrimosa.

Is that a good one to grow for high CBD?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
She is meant to be the parent of Cannatonic, but imo the breederJimmy/ Reggae is hyping the strain on CBD content, when AFAIK it is not proven at all. Cannatonic is very variable but that can be a good thing imo, it is also a great plant to grow, quick, yields very well and smell/taste is Mandarin peel (like the nycd cut)

Reggae seeds stuff is nice, the Kalijah was a real favourite, as a recreational smoke, I just don't think that it is the go to line for medical cbd.

DoDad

She is meant to be the parent of Cannatonic, but imo the breederJimmy/ Reggae is hyping the strain on CBD content, when AFAIK it is not proven at all. Cannatonic is very variable but that can be a good thing imo, it is also a great plant to grow, quick, yields very well and smell/taste is Mandarin peel (like the nycd cut)

Reggae seeds stuff is nice, the Kalijah was a real favourite, as a recreational smoke, I just don't think that it is the go to line for medical cbd.

I'm new to medical cannabis. What is the go to line?

I'm looking for a daytime upbeat social buzz along with the medicine. I would rather avoid couchlock but still gain some of the healthy CBDs.

Please, what would you suggest?

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
In the US there are various strains like Harlequin that I know almost nothing about, IIRC someone said it was a relative of Cannatonic but I have no idea.

With the semi legal world and massive interest in CBD there is a lot of experimentation and an immense amount of bullshit, it has also attracted 1001 fake snake liars and frauds, all hiding behind the "we are trying to help the sick" flag.

I have smoked his Cannatonic 6:6 and the Dieseltonic 7:7 a lot and apart from the medical side it is also great weed and great to grow. As has been shown before, Harbourside tested a bunch and got many different ratios. Jamie (Resin seeds) has shared the Cannatonic 6:6 with the CBD Crew and they have worked the high CBD line further to try and stabilise high CBD and/or more 1:1 ratios. In doing so they have crossed with strains that I have zero confidence in (current MNS lineup) for reasons beyond me and will have lost a lot of the attractions of Cannatonic for the grower and smoker.

As I said before, I am no doctor, but I find it hard to look beyond Cannatonic as it is such a great plant to grow, fast, yields very well, smells, tastes heavenly, but also because I strongly believe that the 1:1 CBD :THC ratio is not necessarily the best for everyone, that the range of ratios that Cannatonic gives makes it all the more useful, that different people will like different phenos for different types of use.

DoDad

Hi,

It's interesting. I read on another site that Cannatonic showed up about the same time as the Juanita regulars were available and that's is why Reggae now only produces Fems. They claimed Cannatonic is just a rebranded Juanita pheno.

They cited as further evidence that Juanita and Cannatonic both test at nearly the same CBD/THC levels. How much is factual about that claim, is anybody guess.

Royal Queen seeds claims their cross of Critical x Juanita is THC 10% / CBD 12%. Is that likely possible?

http://www.royalqueenseeds.com/medical-cannabis-seeds/148-royal-medic.html?language=all&iPage=2

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
As far as i knew, reggae and resin were on good terms and had a productive get together that helped understand the origins of Cannatonic. There is a Soft Secrets article all about this, Jamie/Resin was lied to by someone else, Soma's ex son in law iirc, but he and Jimmy/Reggae unraveled the mess. Further to this, I know nothing, it sounds like someone is stirring shit frankly, trying to insinuate that Reggae stopped selling regs to stop Resin ripping off their strains? That is clearly horseshit. I know a fair bit about Reggae, I am very good friends with his local growshop etc.... And all I ever remember from them is Fem seeds, and, just crosses of other people's work, albeit nice stuff

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
That is a very interesting article, many thanks, I know many of the people mentioned and all the facts in the parts I know about are basically correct, which makes me think that the rest is true.

As I said here and elsewhere, there are a lot of scumbags jumping on the coat tails of the cbd revolution and in the case of some of the seedbanks mentioned, some consistently unimpressive hacks, but such is life. I was not aware of the specific dodgy Israelis Tikun Olam, but many people in that world have mentioned similar stories.

DoDad

That is a very interesting article, many thanks, I know many of the people mentioned and all the facts in the parts I know about are basically correct, which makes me think that the rest is true.

As I said here and elsewhere, there are a lot of scumbags jumping on the coat tails of the cbd revolution and in the case of some of the seedbanks mentioned, some consistently unimpressive hacks, but such is life. I was not aware of the specific dodgy Israelis Tikun Olam, but many people in that world have mentioned similar stories.

Yea dodgy. Imagine that.

There are many sides to this cannabis story. Cannabis has something for everybody including the sketchy.

I'm not trying to become an MMJ expert here, just increase my CBD intake. As long as I'm adjusting my mind, I might as well do something good for my body.

I'm looking for a CBD strain that is a wake and bake, an all day/ all night "uplifting" strain. They must be feminized.

Right now Dancehall, and the Juanita Lagrimosa are the two front runners based on their descriptions.

I'm leaning towards Dancehall as my life naturally follows an island rhythm. This sounds like a good "wake up at night" and go socialize strain. I'm looking for a strain that keeps me awake, not puts me to bed.

chemoboi

Right now Dancehall, and the Juanita Lagrimosa are the two front runners based on their descriptions.

I'm leaning towards Dancehall as my life naturally follows an island rhythm. This sounds like a good "wake up at night" and go socialize strain. I'm looking for a strain that keeps me awake, not puts me to bed.

Sorry to wake up an old thread, but what did you end up going with? I'm a huge fan of Juanita at the moment. You might be surprised how trippy it can feel for a "smooth high", and a cold QWET extract from Juanita is like a magical cross between weed and pancakes. AND the CBD takes away pain equivalent to taking 200-400mg of ibuprofen for several hours and my brain stays super creative and sharp. I've been experimenting with decarbing methods/times to dial up the pain-control or to make it effectively a sleeping pill by pushing the THC to CBN.

Highly recommended strain. Insane growth pattern and a PITA to trim; otherwise I'm in love.

IMG_0305.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I'll second the love! I'm still in veg, but I found she is a very vigorous plant that clones easy.

I'll third the love! I grew Juanita and CBD Skunk Haze. Juanita surprised me with how trippy it was off of two lung fulls. Very euphoric and relaxed other than very brief apprehension when the second hit was kicking in. The Skunk Haze feels more pushy to me although it settles into sedation after a bit but something feels lacking.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hey folks, There is some good news and work being done. One of the worlds best breeders is working on high CBD genetics. This takes time to do it right. Through many generations and High Pressure Chromographic testing. Verifiable cannabinoid ratios in a stabilized plant will be available to everyone. I will let them make the announcement in their own time frame. Peace

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Hey folks, There is some good news and work being done. One of the worlds best breeders is working on high CBD genetics. This takes time to do it right. Through many generations and High Pressure Chromographic testing. Verifiable cannabinoid ratios in a stabilized plant will be available to everyone. I will let them make the announcement in their own time frame. Peace

Some of the world's best breeders are already working with CBD genetics, who would need such a fanfare ?

Unless it is that serial fraud nevile at it again.

ECtraveler

Veteran
Some of the world's best breeders are already working with CBD genetics, who would need such a fanfare ?

Unless it is that serial fraud nevile at it again.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Ace Seeds who will certainly come up with some intriguing crosses. What I found weird is he made it seem like all that hasn't already been happening for years.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
I'm pretty sure he's talking about Ace Seeds who will certainly come up with some intriguing crosses. What I found weird is he made it seem like all that hasn't already been happening for years.

Cool if it is ACE/Cannabiogen people, personally I would rather that they stuck to the Sativas, but they have spoilt us so much already

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Yes I was referring to Ace. Yes there are many breeders most are only growers in truth. DJ, Dubi and Mike and Jasmine are in a league of their own. IMO Many so called breeders can't reproduce the same genetics once original seed stock is gone. Out crosses and hybrids of hybrids. Nothing has been stabilized, lets change the name again and market it as the new hottest thing out there. But when you go to seed banks or their website. Everything is out of stock and won't be resupplied. So yes to me it is big news that a company with great character and integrity is putting their time and resources too.
At Ace dubi did make an announcement in a thread about their upcoming works and offerings. Peace