What's new

Rough news from doctor...

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi guys. Used to post alot a couple years ago. Took time away from posting to work on real life stuff. Got super busy with life and then bam! Got the devastating news a few days ago wife has Luekemia.
She had been feeling very bad for a couple months and finally decided to go to a doctor. By the end of the day she was in hospital and receiving 4 units of blood...yes 4! Stage 4 critical at that time. White blood cell count at 164K...not a typo!! Normal is 5 to 11k. Doctor said without the blood she would have died. Serious shit.
Also turns out Mrs neg is a tough ass chick(I already knew that)..she had a perforated appendix that encapsulated and she went thought this with a couple Advil. That alone could have killed her.
So CLL or Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia is the diagnosis. It has come on very strong in the last year, she felt fine and was hiking and working just several months ago. As you can imagine this has had a very huge effect on our lives. Chemo is the choice from the doctors....yeah nice stuff there...WTF.
Started her right away on high dose CBD pills. She has not used Cannabis in over 2 years so working up to higher THC level items. She does not smoke so edibles and concentrates are the way for her. She has a small window of time before they take out the appendix to hopefully see some effect from these treatments before they want to start heavy chemo.
It gets better....we had no insurance when we went in. Made a tough decision last year to sell a business and had no health insurance after that. Had been talking about getting some but so expensive we decided to wait. I guess a bad decision. There are some programs here to help....god I hope so. 3 days in hospital and all the other stuff, its going to be outrageous.
I guess I am looking for some ideas. I also needed a place to vent. I have lost all my family already in this life and the wife is my soulmate. The one person I trust and love. This is so fucked up.
negative37dBA

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very sorry to hear of diagnosis. Look for organizations regarding Leukemia to see if they can provide resources (information, financial assistance, etc.). It takes persistence, but there are those out there that can help.

Too Google, look up information here regarding cannabis use- oil, tinctures. I have used fresh material (mainly leaves) in a daily shake. Seemed to help.

We are supportive here. I wish you both the best. Remember the simple things in life, and never give up!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey negative37,,,,,
damn,,,i am so very sorry to hear of your wifes illness,,,,,
I can only imagine how you must feel,,,,i would be devastated and in pieces if it was my wife,,,,,
myself and mrs s2 send blessings and light at this awful time and wish you all the very best,,,,,
peace and warm regards,,,,944s2

Manstien

fuck man....

sorry to hear that bro - i couldn't imagine...

i'd just pheno hunt for the strain that helps her best - and like others said heavy doses of oils and so on, there tons of info on here and people that went through the samething ...

best wishes through these very difficult times

Last edited:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Sorry to hear the news.

The medical scene is evolving, raw cannabis juicing being one of the other options.

I have specific advise, but I do suggest the med boards in legal states as they are free to have open discussions.

best of luck

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for the support. Know about oils and tinctures and such. Learning a ton more quickly. Hoping what we are doing coupled with more will see a reduction in the white blood cell count next test.
negative37dBA

Last edited:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
The best option you have, in support of your wife, is overwhelming optimism.

Tough as fuck, but in the end, the place you will be glad or wish you had maintained.

My wife was also recently diagnosed with Leukemia and she started into the RSO program but she has a low tolerance so she has difficulty with raising the dosage to 1 ml per day she just gets bombed from a lower dosage. I think the person that actually has the most experience with using oil as an anti-cancer treatment is Rick Simpson he claims in one of his videos the best oil is high THC and low CBD claims CBD competes for the same receptors ( CB1 & CB2 ) but CBD is less effective or not effective. Sounds like you are in the U.S. the land of pay or die medicine I live in Canada thank god, in my Province since my income right now is virtually nothing my monthly medical insurance bill is $ 0.00 If I was making an average family income my monthly medical insurance bill for an entire family would be about $ 160.00 for 100% coverage. My point to my U.S. friends would be you do so much financially for so many all over the world I think it's high time you people do something for your own people push for some sort of changes to your medical system. Simpson claims Leukemia is one of the easier cancers to beat but don't be discouraged if the blood work does not settle down for a while my wife got sick recently and her blood work just exploded into something that is hard to make sense of the Simpson people say this is a sign the oil is killing the cancer I hope so. In my wifes case we watch her Neutrafil level it is a measure of the health of your immune system , 1.5 Neutrafil level is normal range and my wifes Neutrafils have hit a low of .1 god only knows how low they really were the analysis can only go to .1 . As you fall below .5 Neutrafils you can get real sick real fast when you fall to .1 a common flu can easily kill you so I would be also tracking your wifes Neutrafils the level should be on her blood work report if it hits .5 be careful if it goes lower you may need to do what we did stay home away from other people, monitor your friends and family to see if they have the flu, have had the flu recently or has friends they associate with that have the flu if so they can't come into your home.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks man. Health care in the US....ya, um pay or die sounds about right. We are so twisted here when it comes to health care. It would be nice if we could stay out of every other countries business and help our own people.
Appreciate the info and will check on that.
negative37dBA

CoCoSativas

Hi guys. Used to post alot a couple years ago. Took time away from posting to work on real life stuff. Got super busy with life and then bam! Got the devastating news a few days ago wife has Luekemia.
She had been feeling very bad for a couple months and finally decided to go to a doctor. By the end of the day she was in hospital and receiving 4 units of blood...yes 4! Stage 4 critical at that time. White blood cell count at 164K...not a typo!! Normal is 5 to 11k. Doctor said without the blood she would have died. Serious shit.
Also turns out Mrs neg is a tough ass chick(I already knew that)..she had a perforated appendix that encapsulated and she went thought this with a couple Advil. That alone could have killed her.
So CLL or Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia is the diagnosis. It has come on very strong in the last year, she felt fine and was hiking and working just several months ago. As you can imagine this has had a very huge effect on our lives. Chemo is the choice from the doctors....yeah nice stuff there...WTF.
Started her right away on high dose CBD pills. She has not used Cannabis in over 2 years so working up to higher THC level items. She does not smoke so edibles and concentrates are the way for her. She has a small window of time before they take out the appendix to hopefully see some effect from these treatments before they want to start heavy chemo.
It gets better....we had no insurance when we went in. Made a tough decision last year to sell a business and had no health insurance after that. Had been talking about getting some but so expensive we decided to wait. I guess a bad decision. There are some programs here to help....god I hope so. 3 days in hospital and all the other stuff, its going to be outrageous.
I guess I am looking for some ideas. I also needed a place to vent. I have lost all my family already in this life and the wife is my soulmate. The one person I trust and love. This is so fucked up.
negative37dBA

I get pissed off at my wife sometimes... I shouldnt she tries her best... Im a raging idiot.

Anyway i would have a hard time dealing with a diagnosis like that. No matter how frustrated i get i love my wife amd the world would be different fir me without her in it.

Scary part of marriage, one day you or your partner will leave first, leaving someone to deal with a difficult loss. Its hard for me to think about.

Best wishes man i hope all the best for you

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I'm very sorry to hear about this. Best wishes to you and your wife.

Stay strong and positive!

Best vibes sent!

Runt

I feel for you man, my wife of 34 years is battling an autoimmune disease that is just grinding her down...

negative37dBA

Veteran
Bit of a update. New blood work shows only a 2k drop in WBC(white blood cell) since blood transfusions. It is above 130K still..not good. RBC(red blood cell) has went up though. Appendix will come out very soon then IV Chemo with 2 types of drugs. Up to six times. Been using different cannabis treatments meanwhile. Was hoping for a much lower reading obviously. Keeping hope up here.
My heart goes out to anyone who has had to go through this...would not wish it on my worst enemy.
negative37dBA

CoCoSativas

Bit of a update. New blood work shows only a 2k drop in WBC(white blood cell) since blood transfusions. It is above 130K still..not good. RBC(red blood cell) has went up though. Appendix will come out very soon then IV Chemo with 2 types of drugs. Up to six times. Been using different cannabis treatments meanwhile. Was hoping for a much lower reading obviously. Keeping hope up here.
My heart goes out to anyone who has had to go through this...would not wish it on my worst enemy.
negative37dBA

Sorry to hear that man.

sdd420

Veteran
My heart and prayers go out to you and your wife. My 2 cents is Google cancer doctors and there are some videos online and options for you. Peace sdd

My wife has been diagnosed with LGLL which is a type of Leukemia she has been on RSO for 6 or 7 weeks with a roller coaster ride of odd results but now the RSO seems to be kicking ass and taking names blood work looks near normal, in this case we watch her neutrafil level it has not been over 1 for maybe close to 2 years, today blood work came back with a neutrail level of 1.2 which is real good and near normal level of 1.5 . Real strange shit health wise my wife has melted off 15lbs her hair appears to be darkening she looks 10 years younger neutrafil level is in the normal range or just at the bottom of the normal range seems to good to be true. Oh forgot to mention she says she feels 10 years younger.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Sorry to hear this news. Combined with an appendix operation is even tougher. I seriously hope the best for her and you.

If you're more open minded towards alternative therapies, do some research into these 3 products. Each is recommended by the Health Sciences Institute who research natural products
AHCC. It comes in a 500mg gel cap called ImmPower(AHCC) produced by American BioSciences at www.theharmonyco.com

Concentrated Flax Hull Lignans available from www.FlaxLignanHealth.com

Graviola-available at www.rainpharm.com

All 3 of these produces seek out and destroy cancer cells/tumors but because they are natural products big pharma can't patient them. Some have tried to synthesize into a pill form but don't get the effectiveness of the raw products. They seek out and destroy the cancer cells only and not the healthy cells passed in the process. they also boost the immune system.
It's up to you guys. Radiation and chemo are the standard go to procedures for cancer that kill all cells and not just the cancer cells. And cause the other problems we know associated with it.
I'll also say here I don't have interest in any of the products I offered for you to do some research on. Just passing on the info. Not saying an of them will work. BUT, after seeing what my mother in law and both next door neighbors went through if I ever get cancer I'm defiantly looking for an alternative.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That is some heavy shit.

All I can suggest is assisting the immune system as much as she can. Organic raw vegetables and fruits and a lot of ascorbic acid (vitamin C). Rasberries, blueberries, elderberries, etc all have tons of antioxidants in them which are very beneficial. Other good superfoods include black beans and sweet potatoes. As for water no public water only RO or spring water.

Hope this helps some,

-Funk

Latest posts

Latest posts