What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Real Deal AC/DC 20:1 CBD:THC

Heusinomics

I see you're now calling this Jefe's cut. I'm confused. Are you spreading genetics that you happen to have like you state in the OP or are you in fact the person responsible for finding the selection from seed?

Either way good on you for doing your part in getting it out there but if it isn't your selection you shouldn't be adding a personal moniker. (sorry, it's a pet peeve)

^ GOTTA SAY I SERIOUSLY AGREE!!^
I hav much respect for your desire to spread the cbd Love!
But I too hav a pet peve for relabelers. This"ACDC" is already a relabeled CannaTonic, so as to destinguish it from ANY OTHER SEEDLING OR CLONE!!! Adding your own monicker or tag is simply profiteering AND unnessicarily boastful. On top of just being more confusing for the shops n growers....

Am I wrong?
Don't know "who" sprouted an tested then named it"ACDC"?...
If it was you jefe, big ups!!!! K
Happy growing;D

ECtraveler

Veteran
A simple google search shows that he is in fact relabeling to establish ownership of something he isn't responsible for. There isn't a single mention of ACDC Jefe's cut anywhere in the world until a week ago when the above poster proceeded to post the same exact information onto 5 different Cannabis sites. No back story what so ever, just a subtle claim along with his not so subtle solicitation.

So again while I can't fault anyone for getting CBD out there to those that need it I do find fault with his methods.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I too would be very interested in finding this cut in MI. I have a MS patient and a patient with prostate cancer...both of whom are in need of some medicine of this caliber.

I sure hope it makes it's way to the mitten soon.

Z

canatonic4 is around, and I think the cannoticHP cut is also around. but a bit out of my reach at the moment (logistic wise). supposed to be super high in cbd and low in thc. check out the Michigan sub forum and take a peek around.

jefe noche

A simple google search shows that he is in fact relabeling to establish ownership of something he isn't responsible for. There isn't a single mention of ACDC Jefe's cut anywhere in the world until a week ago when the above poster proceeded to post the same exact information onto 5 different Cannabis sites. No back story what so ever, just a subtle claim along with his not so subtle solicitation.

So again while I can't fault anyone for getting CBD out there to those that need it I do find fault with his methods.

Well...... very sorry to have touched on a nerve here. I was laying claim to the work I had done in bringing this tried and true cutting to the masses. If you want a back story here you go...

Three and a half years ago I received this cutting from an associate that said he was having an incredible hard time making clones of her. I got two of the three cuttings that lived. Since then I have flowered her, juiced her, shared her, and I feel quite perfected cloning her. In the following years I have gone from a 3% clone success rate to near 100%!

So once again I am sorry to touch on a nerve. But how else shall one lay description to an entity without a moniker.

Please do not reply in negativity. You stated your peace and here is mine. Let's burn one and let people do what they feel. Regardless of opinion. We all have one.

ECtraveler

Veteran
So once again I am sorry to touch on a nerve. But how else shall one lay description to an entity without a moniker.

You don't; at least not in the case you described in the previous post. It's really easy-Unless you're the person who created the strain or selected the cut from seed then nothing you do puts you into a position to play with the name. Bringing a selection back to it's original state of health does not change that selection nor does it entitle one to rename it. It's just a part of gardening if you want to work with that selection.

Sorry if you think I'm being negative but I see it as standing up for the community. MY actions affect only you while you're setting up an entire chain reaction of mis-information for financial gain. Which is worse?

*Everybody who got that cut in 2011 went through the same troubles as you in getting it back to health. The one I got had PM, thrips, root aphids and broad mites all in 1 neat package yet I'm not going around calling mine EC's cut. It's called the same as what it was when I got it - ACDC

**But again, it's good to see anyone and everyone spread CBD to whoever can benefit from it. It's just not in anyone's interest for 15 names floating around for every single selection of a strain that itself has dozens of selections currently floating around. It's messy

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought the description/moniker of the cut was - ACDC - "the 20:1 pheno" ... isn't that what it has always been known as? Isn't that enough to distinguish it?

Why is there a "need" to call it something other than what it has always been called??? I'm not sure I understand that aspect of things...I've never changed a plants name from what I have been told to call it. I always thought that was part of the underground counter culture...you know, part of the unspoken commitment in accepting a particular plant. I always thought it was part of that respect / honor system that such things should always remain intact.

Aside from the integrity matter - it just makes it really hard (next to impossible) for patients to know what they are getting.

EVEN worse than that - please consider the scenario (fiasco) that has developed as a result of "Charlotte's Web" and the landmark CBD legislation which has been passed in the bible belt of the US - but NO ONE can actually take advantage of it because they are only allowed to provide extracts / oils from "Charlotte's Web" - which by any logic is just absurdly pointless and shows the complete lack of understanding that exists in regards to where such medicines come from. In some ways, it has undermined the entire movement. What it ultimately did is allow ONE single entity to turn a capital gain out of nothing more than creative advertising - at the expense and detriment of everyone else...including the sick patients. Now these confused parents are watching their kids suffer longer because they are chasing their tails trying to buy "Charlotte's Web" - which of course can't be found because it "belongs" to a select few who have decided to use mass media and cartel style market control (De Beers) to effectively monopolize availability and therefore healing...

AND THAT IS FUCKED.

So, I too, would like to sincerely request you humbly reconsider the current path you are setting off on...

dank.Frank

Last edited:

jefe noche

I see everyone's point. Once again I am sorry. Let's bring this to the masses and not muddy the waters. That I agree on strongly.

Heusinomics

I REALY do understand your side a lil better, and I don't mean to tell you what to do.
But I do belive that the mor people you ask about this the more people that will agree additional names added to known cuts is not the most honerable route.

And from the pic of the tags you printed it dosent apper that you did.
They don't seem to say "jefe's cut" at all. So your COOL...
Correct me if I'm wrong....

Working w the clubs and sharing a rare cut is a good thing.
So long as you represent the proper genetics and act in an honerable fashon.
When peeps buying at the shop ask "ware did this cut come from- or how do I know this is a legit cut" they can say it's a jefe cut. Look him up on ic.. They will b more informed not less.
It jst shouldn't b labeled as anything other than ACDC.

-jefe, no disrespect. Iv got the ACDC too. Along w cookies esc.
IF I almost loose a mother or torch a tray of cuts, and revive it, how would YOU feel if I added my name to the cuts and dumped them on creags list or the clubs?.
You get it rt.

Big ups for getting her out to the needy and improving your cutting skilz!

You got anymore pix?, we need mor shots and descriptions of this elusive med merricle!

redlaser

Veteran
I was curious as to whether you ever had a chance to get this tested anywhere to get that 20 to one ratio.

ECtraveler

Veteran
I just got back the results from a Cannatonic x Canna-tsu (Cannatonic bx1) cross that was the result of a personal pollen chuck and tested at 15.395%CBD and 0.654%THC (23:1) And that's after it's been sitting in a jar for almost 2 months. Pretty surprised and stoked.

Along with this ACDC x Platinum GSC bx1 sample a friend grew that tested at 17.001%CBD & 4.565%THC (4:1)
picture.php

Last edited:

Heusinomics

Here are afew shots of my acdc cut aquired here in Denver.

I'm atually blown away at how similar it is to Jefe's so I wanted to post it up for others to learn to rec.

I totally see the slightly wavy or ribbon like look of the close trim leaves. It's also got a sorta light green look both to the leaves and the buds. Very Soft thin feeling leaves. And a definite flowery and sweet sent!
These are seeded w some Deep Chunk!
When there ready I'll b sure to send in afew pack to the server fund for some serious pheno hunters.

jefe noche

Here are afew shots of my acdc cut aquired here in Denver.

I'm atually blown away at how similar it is to Jefe's so I wanted to post it up for others to learn to rec.

I totally see the slightly wavy or ribbon like look of the close trim leaves. It's also got a sorta light green look both to the leaves and the buds. Very Soft thin feeling leaves. And a definite flowery and sweet sent!
These are seeded w some Deep Chunk!
When there ready I'll b sure to send in afew pack to the server fund for some serious pheno hunters.[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50120&pictureid=1384944&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50120&pictureid=1384939&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50120&pictureid=1384945&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Dude.... that looks and sounds like the real deal there!!!

And to cross with Deep Chunk.... awesomeness!!!! I applaud your ac/dc. Top notch!!

RetroGrow

Veteran
I just got back the results from a Cannatonic x Canna-tsu (Cannatonic bx1) cross that was the result of a personal pollen chuck and tested at 15.395%CBD and 0.654%THC (23:1) And that's after it's been sitting in a jar for almost 2 months. Pretty surprised and stoked.

Along with this ACDC x Platinum GSC bx1 sample a friend grew that tested at 17.001%CBD & 4.565%THC (4:1)
View Image

Does this get you high at all, or is it strictly medicinal?