What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Genetically modified cannabis:(

I have heard/read online, that bees are affected in a negative way from consuming GMO plants. and while I cant verify that as fact I can say that since the boom of GMO farming that I have seen with my own eyes a decline in honey bee populations where I live. as well as catalpa moths, and monarch butterflies. all anecdotal, besides the articles I had viewed previously, but I didn't check out how the studies were preformed.

when they start genetically modifying humans then I might draw some moral line. wait they are already experimenting with it and laws have been passed in states and countries banning the splicing of animal genes with human genes.

if you were a religous person who reads the bible and so forth, you would see that human hybrids of sorts have been, and were always considered half demon. that is an off base tangent. sorry about that

Last edited:

dddaver

Veteran
I can assure you that you would not want to smoke the Cannabis that God created and millions of years of evolution has produced. They are very very low in THC. Man took the seeds from the few with any THC and crossed them over and over again until he was able to select higher THC individuals and used them to get even higher THC. There are no high THC varieties without the hand of man to make them.
I am not talking GMO I am talking selection of what is best for what you want and using that to create plants with more of that target. It is primitive classical breeding by the hand of man. The same with all the fruit and veggie varieties you eat, all made with the hand of man.
PS the WOS male is not GMO.
-SamS

I did not say anything even remotely related to what you said. I was merely talking about genetic modification. If you want to argue, you are barking up the wrong tree. If you want to twist my words to fit into your views, fine, whatever, but I will not respond again.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I did not say anything even remotely related to what you said. I was merely talking about genetic modification. If you want to argue, you are barking up the wrong tree. If you want to twist my words to fit into your views, fine, whatever, but I will not respond again.

I thought you said
Double-speak and buzzwords annoy the hell out of me. The only "fallacy of logic" here is in thinking that man can improve on what God created and millions of years of evolution has produced. The evidence that proves that when man tries to improve what we are given, and then mother nature turning around and biting us in the ass, has been shown to happen over and over. Am I against fucking with mother nature? HELLS YEAH!

I can assure you that you would not want to smoke the Cannabis that God created and millions of years of evolution has produced. They are very very low in THC. Man took the seeds from the few with any THC and crossed them over and over again until he was able to select higher THC individuals and used them to get even higher THC. There are no high THC varieties without the hand of man to make them.
I am not talking GMO I am talking selection of what is best for what you want and using that to create plants with more of that target. It is primitive classical breeding by the hand of man. The same with all the fruit and veggie varieties you eat, all made with the hand of man.
PS the WOS male is not GMO.
-SamS

No problem, I thought that is what you meant when you said it. I did not twist your words, you wrote them, I maybe misunderstood what you said, I twisted nothing. I am not for GMO Cannabis, but there is none that anyone can buy anywhere, that is for sure.

-SamS